12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    Lll Ne

Default 5w4 iconoclasts: what is your current unconventional obsession

Mine is research on bridging the gap between the "occult" and science. For example, I'm obsessed with palmistry and scientific studies of hand and finger traits that have been found to predict certain life outcomes and propensities. Or the way different personality types interpret meaning in tarot cards or dreams etc. and their intuitions are manifested.

I want to connect it to other stuff I've been thinking about -- like the nature and origins of archetypes and chomskys theory of natural language. And how it relates to issues of dualism and gender. Or the way certain types may be socially oppressed and their social value left to stagnate or waste on less than ideal or even destructive things when we discount the value of "mysticism" or more spiritual intuitive ways of knowing things.

Idk, I feel like it'll help me be less dysfunctionally INTP and it would connect disparate people and worlds and experiences (not literally in the latter case but at least in my own understanding of others). It's so easy to revere rationality or think of it as mutually exclusive from intuition or feeling or instinct.

I'm sure everyone else has got some cool shit they ponder on non-stop or write about or study independently.

Share!
    Iconoboomclastic, call me fantastic, touch me and...

... wait no, don't touch me. I don't like being touched suddenly; it's too much overwhelming human contact.

I'll email you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I read a book on palmistry that I checked out of the library and I was looking to practice it. My oldest sister was around so I told her about my palmistry interest. She immediately stuck out her palm for me to look at. But when I did, what I saw were no lines at all, just a kind of oily looking pink flat surface with absolutely nothing on it to read.

I felt kind of queasy and stepped away. She withdrew her palm and didn't say anything. I don't know how I must have looked.

A year later she was murdered.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    317 so/sx
    Socionics
    LSE Si

Right now It's watching Anime and reading/posting on forums like these.
    Life’s Administrator
    ESTJ ▫ LSE ▫ 317 ▫ So/Sx ▫ Neutral Evil ▫ RCOEN
    MALMSMT

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I've been quite obsessed with natural phenomena and meteorology for the past few days.
    ''I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal" - Groucho Marx
    Likes Larix liked this post

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Studying the tendencies of left hand dominant males. Just to see if it explains some of my quirkiness. Some interesting findings that separates left hand dominant males and females but nothing that correlates to being left handed, male, and weird. The search continues.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper
    Likes Larix liked this post

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Studying the tendencies of left hand dominant males. Just to see if it explains some of my quirkiness. Some interesting findings that separates left hand dominant males and females but nothing that correlates to being left handed, male, and weird. The search continues.
    What are the main differences between the left-handed male to female ones? I'm left-handed female myself and your post incited curiosity in me.
    ''I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal" - Groucho Marx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tchudak View Post
    What are the main differences between the left-handed male to female ones? I'm left-handed female myself and your post incited curiosity in me.
    'Left-Handed People Are More Likely To Try Hard Drugs And Be Depressed' an article in Business Insider (Australia). I'm unable to post the link for some reason. That was the most interesting find. It was somewhat unfavorable to female southpaws I'm afraid.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Likes tchudak liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I entertain what's rarely entertained, because why not

-Psychology
    -Paranormal
    -OBE's
    -Quantum Mechanics
    -Spirituality/Philosophy (not religion)
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)

Eclectic Oddball, that I am
    Likes tchudak liked this post

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    'Left-Handed People Are More Likely To Try Hard Drugs And Be Depressed' an article in Business Insider (Australia). I'm unable to post the link for some reason. That was the most interesting find. It was somewhat unfavorable to female southpaws I'm afraid.
    Perhaps this drug abuse/depression thing may be related to the right side of the brain, which tends to be more chaotic. Anyways, never thought of it as being related to left-handedness. I'm gonna research more about it.
    Thank you, Population:1.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tchudak View Post
    Perhaps this drug abuse/depression thing may be related to the right side of the brain, which tends to be more chaotic. Anyways, never thought of it as being related to left-handedness. I'm gonna research more about it.
    Thank you, Population:1.
    My pleasure. Another article that I can't remember for the life of me talked about left handedness and schizophrenia and the possibility it is a disorder linked to the immune system. Something about the mapping of neurons in the brain in infancy and adolescence. Fascinating stuff.