• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] For gut people: Do you see yourself as angry ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Gut doesnt make you angry. Knowledge, Options, Forseeings and the happening of those make you angry. But with age you get more cool. And tell yourself, let them do it.

I know how it ends.
Wumpscut - Tomb - YouTube

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't say I'm an angry person, but I do have more anger than I appear to. About 4 times out of 5, when I get truly mad in front of other people (not merely irritated) I hide it impeccably well, even though I don't really want to. I even involuntarily laugh and smile sometimes when I'm internally gritting my teeth and clenching my fists. (How I respond to feeling angry when I'm alone depends; sometimes I embrace it and find it liberating and motivating, and at other times it just makes me feel uncomfortably chaotic inside.)

I think the main reasons I compulsively hide my anger are 1) fear of external conflict (which seems scarier than internal conflict because it's out of my control) and 2) my anger often gets partially turned inward and makes me feel vulnerable and unsettled, and I'm afraid that if I express the anger, the vulnerability will come out too. (It's sort of a catch-22; holding in anger makes me feel vulnerable, but so does expressing it.)

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know how other people see me so I won't talk about them.

I do, however, know where my anger comes from at all times. It's not always anger, sometimes its pain, sadness, and fear. And I have done what I have to to understand and accept those parts of myself.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
as a core 1

yea
I can be a pretty angry person.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know if I'm an angry person or not. I have plenty of things I could/should be angry about, but I usually try not to show it. Or feel it. Lately I've been trying to connect to my angry in an attempt to unnumb. What could melt ice better than fire?

Gone

"Anger" is too strong as a word. But I am low key annoyed half the time.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh god yes. I actually remember a period when all I ever felt was anger. I am trying to get better but my anger has now gone to the internet as opposed to irl lol.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
For years I am struggling with idea that I am actually 1w9 instead of 5w6 and in so many ways this is really obvious (that is how this thread got started in the first place). It is just that I am so much more mentally flexible than an 1 should be, but that is probably because I am INTJ and triple comptency focused in tritype. Plus I am not American so the whole conservative thing isn't really working for me, but the core logic of e1 actually does quite a bit. Also I have the push through additute that 5s generally don't have. Plus w9 over w6 makes much more sense for me since I am pretty low on neuroticism.

However my core emotion is much more anger than fear and I don't know how many profiles said that 1w9 can mistyped as 5w6 (by yourself and others). The fact is that people really think that there is plenty of energy bottled up in me and another fact is that there is more of it then they know. It isn't that I never went physical on wrongdoers (like bullies), not to mention all that angry music and gaming based on organizing stuff. Actually people are regularly uncomfortable with my brutal deliberateness, even my mentors or people above me tell me to lighten up a little bit, especially since everywhere I show up situation starts to stabilize quickly. I have tested as an 8 quite a number of times but I never really believed that I am an 8 and I blamed the integration from 5 for that, the same can be said about ENTJ type. While all of this is just my anger showing itself. People even mock me as they would super serious authority and they may quiet down when they realize that I am comming their way, or I start the controversy over the efficiency of the system and freak out people. I was rised by my family and education system to be head type and as a 1 I wanted to be the right way, but I am at the core fundamantally different from what I "should be". Also I don't have problems in physical interaction with the world, but I can't really miss the color and fun (which is why integration to 7 is needed). Etc.

This simply isn't the mind of a person that just "observes the world", no matter how I decide to think about myself.

There is no point in running away from what is obviously the truth.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
There is no point in running away from what is obviously the truth.

But on the other hand tritype so nicely smooth this out.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Others think I'm angry a lot more often than I really am. I'm usually chill. They can tell when I really am angry, and they don't like it. It's their fault I'm angry. They just had to keep pushing me.

I generally want to roll my eyes or laugh at people getting angry. Most of the time, it's over nothing. Keep throwing your little temper tantrums, losers. :laugh:

^ this is irl, nobody cares online either way

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The difference isn't that big, I think. Friends do notice I tend to be angry a lot. But they don't realize how deep the anger goes sometimes.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
No. I see myself as very cool-headed. I AM easily irritated, but I don't stew wallow in it.
I do something about it, or, if it's something out of my control, I rant for a couple minutes and then I'm over it.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am indeed identified with being an angry person. Always been. Someone with a temper, fierce, constantly pissed off about everything that's fucked up about life. I'm currently someone who has to take out her rage against humanity by swordfighting old boxes and attacking doors with axes. And it never burns out. This world is so utterly fucked up, so cruel, and, yes, I am angry about it.

What I find most striking about this is actually, how little most others do see it. Even during the times when I would have shot someone as soon as looking at them, they don't seem to notice. I smile when I interact and speak in low tones (and I can't help this, it's just how I am) and no one has a clue. Most strangers, if they comment on my personality, note that I'm quiet, soft and polite. My family, for all they hated my outbursts, never once got the idea that I was somehow an angry young woman.

It makes me wonder sometimes, who's more right here? Am I as angry as I think, or am I as mild as they say?

When I look at myself compared to other people, though, I kind of get it. It seems like most people just get a lot more upset about things than I do. Like they can't just roll with events. They expend anger on the most unnecessary things. "This meal isn't done the way I want! LET ME SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER!" "You're out of rye bread?? IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD! FEEL MY WRATH!!!" "You like Donald Trump? YOU SHOULD BE SHOT YOU DESPICABLE PERSON." "You were looking at me funny! I AM OPPRESSED!! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF THIS BULLSHIT!"

Does anyone know what I mean? Minor things seem to set most people off kilter, and I find they take offense and become angry and hostile for reasons I never would. When something does irritate me (which is often, and usually when things get in my way), I usually don't articulate it. I don't necessarily want to set others off, so I mind my boundaries and make efforts not to be a douche. Other people seem to have no conception of this. I feel angry but it doesn't seem to show; others get angry about stuff I never would but then fail to respond to events of more consequence.

I don't know how to answer this one. Huh. I'm not angertypical. Let's leave it at that.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh my goodness yes :( I can't tell you how many times I've lost my temper over the smallest things!

Still a work in progress, getting myself to stay calm and all... :mellow: