• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] The new and improved Enneagram! From the sponge and evan.

Usehername

On a mission
Our wing system is basically this: your wing is the closest type either vertically or horizontally in the table. Your "second wing" is the type closest in the opposite direction. So if your wing is vertical, your second wing is the closest horizontal type from yours, and vice versa.

It's not really the same type of thing as wings in the normal enneagram system. It just shows the grey in each of the variables. With both wings, you can deduce the order of preference in each variable.

Thank you!

As a 5, your wings have to be 1, 3, 4, or 9. Determining which of those four your primary and secondary wing are all depends on what your secondary preferences are. If you aren't sure, it should be fairly easy to figure out what your stacking is.

Alright, from what I understand so far:

This is my preference:

Avoidant > Pursuing = Anticipating
Suppressive > Controlling > Turbulent
Intimate > Preservational > Social

I'm pretty sure there should be no "=" sign there... in theory...

Do I just go read the other types and guess from here?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
We could definitely work on the terms we use for the variable values. Feel free to suggest synonyms.

No its cool, I like it, names sum it up pretty good.

So from Pursuing/Turbulent that would make me vertically from turbulent = Persuing / Controlled and horizontally Avoiding / Turbulent

What is: 8 > 7 > 4

am I right ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I like it, I am really bad at evaluating myself, but I feel the combination fits.

So how much dollar do we make with the idea ? :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright, from what I understand so far:

This is my preference:

Avoidant > Pursuing = Anticipating
Suppressive > Controlling > Turbulent
Intimate > Preservational > Social

I'm pretty sure there should be no "=" sign there... in theory...

Do I just go read the other types and guess from here?

Well, = is theoretically possible, but I wouldn't know what to make of it yet. Anyway, the one thing I'd need to know from your list is this: Do you feel more strongly Avoidant, or Suppressive? That's the last important question.
Answer that, and I can tell you everything.

I can already tell you that your wings are 3 and 9 (though I don't know which is primary or secondary), your opposite type is the 6, and the type in sixth place is is the 7.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Pretty interesting, I consistently scored three numbers which made no sense in the regular enneagram but fit with the Porifenancegram 4000.

Negative_

avoidant > anticipating > pursuing
suppressive = controlling > turbulent
I>P>S

what would this make me?
i think 5 & 9 are in there somewhere? then either 6 or 7?
:huh:

Usehername

On a mission
Well, = is theoretically possible, but I wouldn't know what to make of it yet. Anyway, the one thing I'd need to know from your list is this: Do you feel more strongly Avoidant, or Suppressive? That's the last important question.
Answer that, and I can tell you everything.

I can already tell you that your wings are 3 and 9 (though I don't know which is primary or secondary), your opposite type is the 6, and the type in sixth place is is the 7.

Definitely avoidant. :)

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I>P>S

what would this make me?

5 is your main type. 1 and 9 are your wings. 8 is your opposite. 2 is in sixth place. That's all I can tell you for now. I wouldn't know the orders until I know which variable you feel more strongly about.

Definitely avoidant. :)

Okay then, here's your list. :)
5 > 9 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 7 > 8 > 2 > 6

So you can mark yourself down as a 5>9>3 I-P-S

EDIT: take note that I assumed pursuing to take priority over anticipating. If you reversed the two, these results would be slightly different.

redacted

I>P>S

what would this make me?

Either 5 or 9 since you said supressing = controlling.

So if you were S>C>T, you'd be 5>9>1 or 5>1>9.
if you were C>S>T, you'd be 9>5>2 or 9>2>5

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Either 5 or 9 since you said supressing = controlling.

So if you were S>C>T, you'd be 5>9>1 or 5>1>9.
if you were C>S>T, you'd be 9>5>2 or 9>2>5

Haha... indeed. I made an assumption about that equals sign. :blush:

Usehername

On a mission
Thanks guys. :hug:

So, when ya gonna write lengthy descriptions of each of the types and subtypes? :whistling:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks guys. :hug:

It's my pleasure. :D
I imagine dissonance feels much the same way.

So, when ya gonna write lengthy descriptions of each of the types and subtypes? :whistling:

Depending on how far this thing goes, I think a whole website unto itself might be in order, but I don't want to jump the gun. I'd rather figure out a few more of the general dynamics of the system before I go on about type descriptions.

There are a lot of things to describe, though. If you factor in the instincts there are 27 types without including any stackings. I think it would also be interesting to describe the effects of the different stackings for the behavioral and emotional variables.

One thing I would never consider doing, though, is writing a description for every possible combination with all factors included. That would be 216 types, which is not only way too much to write about, but some of them would be so trivially different that it wouldn't be worth writing about. I think one of the valuable things about a well structure system is that you don't need to write a description for every single permutation. A person should be able to intuitively understand them based on the component and processes of the system.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Pretty interesting, I consistently scored three numbers which made no sense in the regular enneagram but fit with the Porifenancegram 4000.

:D Perfect.

MagicP, you write very well and clearly. Thanks - an enjoyable read.

I'm sleep deprived so hopefully I've followed your instructions correctly:

suppressive > turbulent > controlling

P > I > S

I think (but I'm not sure) I'm a 5 on Enneagram.

redacted

suppressive > turbulent > controlling

P > I > S

I think (but I'm not sure) I'm a 5 on Enneagram.

5/1/4 or 5/4/1 according to our system (you have to decide whether you're closer to avoidant/turbulent(4) or anticipating/suppressive(1)). Look at the 5x5 table magic posted on the first page. You should be able to figure out everything with that.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Magic... it looks like I'm either a 4, 5, or 9 in your system. Interesting. I can't seem to figure out my second variable, though.

But it seems to make sense, I think.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty good.
I still think different types should be stacked according to I, P and S, so that you could be one type in one area, another in another area, and yet another in the last area (or the same in all areas). That would basically match Temperament + Interaction Style + an additional distinction of "intimate" (just like FIRO).

And in the table, shoudn't "Anticipating" be in the middle as the "moderate" renge, with "pursuing" on the right as the opposite extreme of "avoiding"?
Like think of the "object" of the "moving" as being to the right:
<--Avoiding | Anticipating | Pursuing-->

Here's the diagram of how I use this concept for expressing/wanting behavior
http://members.aol.com/etb700/movement.jpg

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I am so confused about the pursuing/anticipating/avoidant thing.

So, if somebody pursues anything, are they pursuers? What if they avoid anything? What sort of things weigh more heavily? Or is this a general trend? Do things that go in the opposite direction oppose each other?

I don't understand the breakdown.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pretty good.
I still think different types should be stacked according to I, P and S, so that you could be one type in one area, another in another area, and yet another in the last area (or the same in all areas). That would basically match Temperament + Interaction Style + an additional distinction of "intimate" (just like FIRO).

At the moment, I'm still considering various ways that the actual consequqnce of the stack positions can be interpreted. One way is to say that the stacks merely represent a rank priortized by similarity, of how you generally act all the time. Another wat could be that the stacks are a part of a shifting temperament, with each layer representing a different state of mind that is more or less natural to the person. And yes, the third way would be to have each layer of the stack assigned to another specific variable.

Each approach has merits and flaws.

And in the table, shoudn't "Anticipating" be in the middle as the "moderate" renge, with "pursuing" on the right as the opposite extreme of "avoiding"?
Like think of the "object" of the "moving" as being to the right:
<--Avoiding | Anticipating | Pursuing-->

Here's the diagram of how I use this concept for expressing/wanting behavior
http://members.aol.com/etb700/movement.jpg

Well, if we were using three point contiua that would be the case, but we are not in this system. We are using something more to the effect of traingles than lines with three spaces.

It might seem like anticipation is in the middle, especially in terms of the cost benefit/analysis, but I think iit's important to treat it a little more independently than that. Because, for example, someone could be pursuing and then more like avoiding, with anticipation at the bottom. Anticipation doesn't have to be inbetween.