User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah okay well I can go with the first part, but no, there's really not much 9 in me at all, but still very much of 5.

It could be that I'm a sorta exceptional case in that I did have a very violent, traumatic event that sorta ruptured my life from early 20's onwards kind of totally asunder from my life previous to that, so that I not only developed in a direction that was very artificial, with a sort of 'forced' personality of introverted behaviour, leading to my seeking solace and to make sense of the deep shit i was in through the acquisition of knowledge and very 5 type behaviour. But then when I was sorta liberated from that in a completely unforeseeable way, my whole personality was able to take off in a totally different direction as my actual authentic extraversion made itself known.

Hm... my first objection to the official Enneagram system was that I felt I should be 8w5 haha... but up to my early 20's I really was a very stereotypical 5, whilst as I say, now most people say (including the pro Enneagram dude I know in RL) that I'm split down the middle between 7 and 8.
    Making sense of shit through acquisition of knowledge is an emergent property of type 5, not an inherent one (in this system). A type 9 can have similar emergent properties.

Type 5 is supressive/avoiding. Type 9 is controlling/avoiding. Both can be obsessed with making sense of their world, but for slightly different reasons.

If your order is correct, you should probably be closer to 9 than 5, because "controlling" is your dominant value in the emotion variable, not supressing. If you stay in conrolling in that variable and go from pursuing to avoiding in the other, you go from 7 to 9.

That's all our system does. I guess it's possible to go entirely from one mode to the other (switch two variables at the same time), but it would seem to be less likely.

I guess that's a potential downside to the system.

(Remember, we have redefined the types as literally just the intersection of the two variables. So all excess data on types would be talking about emergent properties, not necessary ones.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Did anybody notice my question? I still need help.
    Emotion variable:

Turbulent -- emotions take hold; emotional reactions are valid by default.
    Suppressing -- emotions get in the way, they should be pushed aside as much as possible.
    Controlling -- sort of a midpoint between the two -- emotions are a reality, and need to be thought through and sorted out before choosing how to act on them.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah okay, like you say it's a limitation to the system because that's just what I did, switch entirely. So says the shrink too

I definitely was suppressive, and turned controlling. Ha, that sounds bad taken out of context hahaha..
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I just did your test with my girlfriend and she gave me a completly different Point of View of myself that I still need to grasp. Wanted you to ask, if this combination could work:

Me:

Core Type: Avoiding / Suppressive = 5
    1st Wing: Avoiding / Turbulent = 4
    2nd Wing: Anticipating/Suppressive = 1

(uff completly new point of myself o0 )

My girlfriend:

Core Type: Anticipating / Turbulent = 6
    1st Wing: Anticipating / Controlled = 2
    2nd Wing: Pursuing / Turbulent = 8

---

Have to think about this but my girlfriend could have made a point here. She is pretty much INFJ and good at those things, as you folks are.

Just wanted to ask here, if the above combinations work, according to theory
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

If the descriptions are very short, words can be misleading. All enneagram types are avoiding in a certain way, but here the word “avoiding” is used to communicate a specific concept. Your girlfriend can give you a valuable new point of view if she tells you why and in what way she perceives you as avoiding, but could nonetheless be wrong about your e-type.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I understand, what you mean. She has no clue of MBTI or Enneagram or whatsoever. So we just did a "what word fits best" based analysis.

I was surprised though that she gave me the avoiding tag in my behaviour but I am beginning to understand her PoV. I just did continue the thought and wanted to know, if according to the theory of the Enneagram presented here, the above types can fit.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

God damn it. It figures that activity in this topic would pick up as soon as I'd have limited internet access... Where to start, where to start...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Did anybody notice my question? I still need help.
    The second variable is in reference to a person's most default mood, or means of emotional management. The turbulent type lets emotions run wild. The suppressive type tries to cut them out. The controlling type tries to pick and choose which it best likes to express.

You should identify with all of them to an extent, because you should possess all of those qualities. The question is which method of approaching your emotions do you default to.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Default Take note.

I'm still open to change on a number of factors. For instance, at the moment, we state that you are more likely to drop two on one variable and stay the same on one, then you are to drop one on both variables. Now, that was my conjecture, but I'm not certain that it is true.

So, for instance, it may be more likely that I would become a 2 or 3 than a 4, or maybe more likely that I'd become a 4 than a 2 or a 3. I'm still not positive on this yet.

Either way, you are more likely to drop down on only one than to drop down on both at the same time.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post
    I´m wondering if it´s just about getting a nice label. You see, the fuzzy, esoteric aesthetic has one advantage, you have to strain yourself to get any understanding out of it. If you make it very easy you may miss what it´s all about. To understand your type it´s necessary to invest time and energy or you will only get a nice label.

That´s not specifically directed at you, I just observe that there´s more talk about enneagram test scores than passions.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphyne View Post
    Yes, it´s the same. There´s a difference between getting your test results and actually learning about your type.
    All of that is fascinating and everything, but I think it is a decidedly different topic.
    Go to sleep, iguana.