User Tag List

First 14222324

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

What has become of the wings?

I have stated several times before on this forum that I determined the original wing system to be baseless. The need for the wing type to be "adjacent" didn't make sense, since as my variable system indicates, the actual order of the numbers that the types were assigned is meaningless. There is no sensible reason that 7s should be next to 6s, for example. So, anything based off of that order, like the wings, needs to completely reformed.

And so it has! There is now a new approach to the wing system, and to follow it, we must use the information provided in the previous two sections.

So, if it's not based on their number order, how do we determine wings? Well, the wing is supposed to be the type that sort of supports the core type. It's the one you are second-most like. In that case, we can probably conclude that your wing can't be any type that shares no values with your core type. That automatically cuts out four types, and leaves behind four that could possibly be a person's wing (consult the type chart to know which). It's worth noting that this already makes some of the original wings impossible. For example. there can no longer be a 9w8, because 9s and 8s share no values.

Now we have four potential wings to deal with. What do we do from here? Now we have to look at those stackings again. I'm a type 1, so my stacking of the core type variables normally looks like this:

On that chart, to represent a type that the 1 shares a single value with, we have to shift one of the boxes, while leaving the other where it is, like this:

You see that the emotion variable has been changed, while the behavior variable has been left unchanged, and this results in a type that is anticipating and turbulent. The type 6. If I left the emotions in place, but changed the behavior by one, I'd have the type 5. I could do the same trick to create the 2 and the 3, but it's very important to notice that the 2 and the 3 have values that are at the bottom instead of in the middle. Well, if the wing must be the type you are second most like, then it does not make sense that it would involve a variable in the tertiary place when it could instead involve one in the secondary place. It's too much of a stretch. Therefore, a type's wing has to be a type that has one value on the primary level, and one value on the secondary level. In my case, that means my wing is either 6 or 5. Again, I repeat, the stack can be very different for another 1, this is just how it works for me. Consider that a 1 with avoidance and turbulence at the bottom would have a wing of either 2 or 3.

Finally, how do I pick which of the two is my primary wing? This again comes down to personal analysis or some kind of custom test. Between the behavior variable and the emotion variable, which are you more likely to change on? Which ever variable that is, that is also the variable that your wing differs on. For me, I'm more likely to shift emotionally, so that makes the 6 my primary wing. 5 is therefor my secondary wing, because I'm slightly less likely to shift in that way, so I'm slightly less like that type.

To repeat.

My core type:

My primary wing:

My secondary wing:
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

[THIS ONE NEVER HAD PICTURES, BUT HERE IT IS FOR CONTINUITY]

The concept behind the new wing system can actually be used to create any entire ranking list of the types. for me, it goes like this 1 > 6 > 5 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 9 > 8 > 7. I was able to conclude that based on just on my primary and secondary wings.

The whole list becomes evident once you know what's in second place, and which variable shifts first. If a person is a 4, and their primary wing is 9 and their secondary wing is 6, then I know the whole list will be like this: 4 > 9 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 2 > 1 > 7 > 3. Do you understand how I can know that?

Since that degree of information is so useful, I want everyone using this system to list their primary and secondary wings from left to right, like this: 1w6w5. Or you can write 1/6/5, 1>6>5, 1-6-5, etc.. That is the minimum amount need to know everything about your core type variables.

Of course, we must not forget about the Instincts. It has been decided that people should list their wing system separately, using the Instinct notation I had invented before, like this I-P-S. That stands for Intimate, self-Preservational, Social. Just list all three in order along side the other type and wings. 1w6w5 I-P-S. It may look lengthy, but I assure you that it is more convenient than the alternatives. I had considered putting all three variables together in one list, but that resulted in a list with 27 types, and that was just way too awkward.

So there you have it! That's what has been developed for now. Odds are, questions still remain for some regarding original features such as the directions of (dis)integration or the steps of health, etc.. Those are still under consideration, and you may PM to discuss that.

Thank you for reading. [/QUOTE]
    Go to sleep, iguana.

The only emotion the e8 has no qualms expressing is anger. They would be suppressing.

The e6 has a fixation on the social. They would be controlling.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    The only emotion the e8 has no qualms expressing is anger. They would be suppressing.

The e6 has a fixation on the social. They would be controlling.
    AGREED
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I can't see how having a fixation on the social would be controlling. I don't think the banned chucklehead with the pony obsession understood what controlling meant.

Also, would that not be a matter of the instinctual stacking rather than something inherently possessed by the 6?

Oh, well. I stopped bothering with this a long time ago and I probably should start again.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I think I'm 6>8>2 IPS
    7w6-4w3-8w7
    sx/so
    ENTP ILE-Ti-C
    DICS

Any posts that suggest a type that is not my current one are wrong.

Cause that’s just who I am this week