User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Yes, it is possible. 4 and 5 bond on avoidance, 4 and 8 bond on turbulence. You will find that a combination is possible if both of the wings you pick are adjacent to the core type on the grid map I presented.

This also means the type you are least like is the 2.
    Suddenly, I've decided that I am more of Six than an Eight. So, I bond Four and Six on turbulence. I think I just wanted to see myself as an Eight more so than Six, which further confirms that I am a Four.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ofugur View Post
    Suddenly, I've decided that I am more of Six than an Eight. So, I bond Four and Six on turbulence. I think I just wanted to see myself as an Eight more so than Six, which further confirms that I am a Four.
    Well, that's possible, too. It would shift everything around though. That makes the 7 the type you are least like.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    That makes the 7 the type you are least like.
    I think I am beginning to better understand the system now.

If I my preferences order is:

Avoiding | Anticipating | Pursuing
    Turbulent | Suppressive | Controlling
    Social | Preservational | Intimate

Four must be at the beginning and then Seven must be last, does that mean One would be somewhere near the middle? Potentially, I am 4|5|6|-----|7 SPI. How do I determine the remaining five?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

There's no deterministic way to pick the rest of the types.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    There's no deterministic way to pick the rest of the types.
    So, it's best to just use descriptions to determine what suits you best?

This system is very interesting, by the way. Thanks for investing the time to create it, as well as answering all my questions.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ofugur View Post
    I think I am beginning to better understand the system now.

If I my preferences order is:

Avoiding | Anticipating | Pursuing
    Turbulent | Suppressive | Controlling
    Social | Preservational | Intimate

Four must be at the beginning and then Seven must be last, does that mean One would be somewhere near the middle? Potentially, I am 4|5|6|-----|7 SPI. How do I determine the remaining five?
    Based on what you have written, this should be your order:

4-5-6-1-9-8-2-3-7.

The reason for this, is that 5, being your primary wing, indicates that you are more likely to shift on mood than behavior. So your secondary type shifts one level on mood. Your tertiary type shifts one level on behavior. Your quadrinary type shifts one level on both. After that, there's one that stays on the first level of behavior, but shifts two levels on mood, then one that stays on the first level of mood, but shifts two levels on behavior.Then there's one that's one level down on behavior and two down on mood, then one that's one level down on mood and two down on behavior, and finally one that's two levels down on both.

It's pretty tedious, but I hope you can see the pattern. By deciding your first and second wing, you are determing if you would sooner shift on your mood, or on your behavior. There's only one debate here, as an aspect of the system I have not determined. Your order could arguably also go like this:

4-5-6-9-8-1-2-3-7.

You see, the difference is, on one hand, we could have the one shift on both variables come first (type 1), or we could have the types that double shift on one variable and don't shift on the other at all, come first (9 and 8). I have never decided which is more accurate.

All of this is assuming that it should logicall fall in that order, too. Of course, the further you go down the line from your original point of determination, the less reliable the theory becomes. Just like with the lower level functions in the MBTI. Their perscription based on the high level functions is highly questionable. However, while I don't know what Evan (formerly dissonance) thinks, I do honestly believe that you can use the first three types to figure out what type a person is least like. That is to say, the type that is at the bottom, of sorts.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I was thinking you could do it that way, but it seems a little shaky. For example, if you were really really really turbulent, and just barely highest in avoiding, couldn't 8 come even before 1? (it could even come before 5 technically.)

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I was thinking you could do it that way, but it seems a little shaky. For example, if you were really really really turbulent, and just barely highest in avoiding, couldn't 8 come even before 1? (it could even come before 5 technically.)
    As you can see, I did propose two possiblities, one in which 8 did come before 1. What is interesting though, is your suggestion about 8 coming before 5. This would be the idea that someone so extremely leans on one variable, and so mildly on the other, that they would sooner drop two levels on the mild one than even one level on the extreme one.

Well, when you're right, you're right. That is entirely possible, though also a very fascinating case study. We have here two kinds of people. One who is so set in his/her mood that behavior will be flexed in whatever direction necessary at the behest of their dominant mood, and similarly, another person who is so set in one mode of behavior as to maintain no matter how far his/her mood gets pushed around. I dare say such people might be maladapters. Never the less, they would still exist, and need to be acounted for.

Indeed, such a possiblity would have to be accounted for no matter the system is approached. If it is simply a list of type based on similarity to those types, or a schematic for actual shifts in personality, or whatever... those who lean extremely toward mood or behavior still present a problem.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Where do I fit, Magic? O.o *confused*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Where do I fit, Magic? O.o *confused*
    Hmm, hard to say, miss googily-eyes. Your core type is 2, right?
    Go to sleep, iguana.