• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] How to tell 7w6s apart from 6w7s

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
A lot of the characters that are often typed as 7w6s, they are more likely a 6w7 with so in their block. A lot of 6w7s are often viewed, especially so dominant 6w7s as people that do not take life seriously. It is more like they prefer to not take any responsibility at all or face their fears. Think of bumi from the legend of korra, the earth bending guy, simb from the lion king franchise and Junior from My Wife and Kids. All of them are just a bunch of exxjs 6w7s afraid of taking on the world by themselve. Out of all variants of 6w7s, sp so or so sp 6w7s are probably more proe to talk a lot of smack when people are backing them up and they have all the advantages. Rigby from regular show, 6w7. The ones who need to take responsible, 6w7, the ones who need to be brave six. 6w7s are more prone to withdraw from the world and you can see their paranoia more due to having a seven as their wing.

Real 7w6s will be more like Peter Griffin Siamise twin brother is 7w6. He is spontaneous and is willing to help a lot of people with the knowledge that he knows and is willing to learn everything that he can about the world until he gets tired of it. 7w6s are a lot smarter than they are portrayed in tv shows an the media have been lying to you and they are a lot more responsible than given credit. I am not saying all of them like that. The main problem with 7w6s is that they can be a impractical due to not have a 7w6 and they can and they are more likely to bite off more than they can chew and sometime they have a tendency to rushed their, especially if they are esxj and enxp to rushed their plan due to them having strong ne or tertiary ne.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh no, you made another one.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Peter Griffin is 7w8. ;)

KitchenFly

Both have differing sensibilities when it comes to being critical. But both tend to exercise a degree of stubbiness.

6w7 will tend to be more personal 7w6 will tend to be more distant. Both will stain to hold them selves back from making there point of view understood when in full flight charged with personal emotions.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"SPs and blocks of text."

They forgot to mention that those blocks of text contain run-on sentences. It burns!!

KitchenFly

It must maybe the Sx/Sp we shear because it took me five minutes or so of considering and thinking about the exxps and esxj and enxp component of your post before I thought I got your view point impression.

Point 6 connects with points 3 and 5 and 7. The 3w4 has as one of its subsidiary wings (one with nine-wing; ExTJ (Ambidextrous S and N)) and the 7w6 also connects with (one with nine-wing; ExTJ (Ambidextrous S and N)). The 6w7 or 6w7w5 five wing component is (five with six-wing; INxP (Ambidextrous T and F)). So I get a sense of the impression you may have as a construct in mind.

But it seems you also have the instincts on your mind because it seems as if you are almost placing exxps with the Social Instinct and esxj with the Sexual Instinct and enxp with Self Preservation Instinct energy.

Ok I get the feel of your language but I'm thinking it is influenced by the divide between points 6 & 7 and Point:3. As if Point Severn a thinking triad energy is replacing Point:9's role as the relating direct cognition components role.

Between points three and six is a multiplicity and sometimes the mind can get out court between the head and hart and super ego and ego components while tussling, with between,can replace ego with ego (3 with 7) as a point six counter mechanism to win focus in favour of mind being head focused ,its own privy bias as a concern driven need have a completion a relating perspective a direct cognitive completion. A move from 6 to 7 while remaining head triad focus related subjectively.

Mind tends to avoid change real change that involves the making of the law of three within.

To my surprise of having noted recently that there is a new teaching, the word doubt and been replaced with anguish witch started of as fear, for Point:6's passion. Having thought about this has flavoured this reply post.

But I would think that all three words (-fear-doubt-anguish-)are all equally correct because a type six must (-sense-think-feel-) regardless if an objective is to avoid at all cost, the inner experience of allowing the law of three to manifest automatically within Selfs own experience.

The Void is mans greatest or largest irrational ,cognitive fear.

That's my opinion. And it make sense to me that most seek not to know the boundary so as to keep well out of mind the real the is over whelming to fearful imagination of mans egoic mind.

The triads - (-Hart triad-Relating triad-Head triad-)

Instinctive sub conches level - (-sense-think-feel-)

Cognitive attitudinal and behavioural levels - (-fear-doubt-anguish-)

If this correct then what are the missing sixteen passions for the other eight types?

puiut4

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
We should get back to the old explanations by Eli Jaxon Bear for ex. to understand such problems. 6 as a central point of fear, kind of blocks the nature of fear while it has problems to act instinctually and has ambivalent feelings. For example we can see this phenomenon at the central points 3 (not emotional) and 9 (not angry at all). Even if so called phobic 6s are facing their fear more than cp's, they seem to live in a paradox relationship with their emotions and got problems to really feel their deep fears. 6's always must face their fears and cope with them in their inner monologue but often seem not to live this kind of emotions on the surface. They are introverted in my opinion, even if some cp6's seem to be pretty confident and extroverted its only their deep desire to be an instinctual type (like an 8) what makes them stifle their fear, they are still prisoned in their own mind which hinders them to really act freely.
A 7 on the other hand has this deep fears just like the 6 but transforms it into the drive of doing activities to not feel the fear. They are extroverted and pretty communicative and social. In my opinion one of the easiest fixations to type. You will spot them on every party tho.

Now to the topic:
6w7 is still an introverted character with a rambling and over active mind. BUT the 7 wing leads to more counter phobic acting.
7w6 is still an extroverted character BUT the 6 wing might let them not be too convinced of themselves but stay in a more questioning position than in a non critical "just let me have fun and don't bring me down" mood.

In my opinion every type owns some elements of both wing types. The key is to more concentrate on the motivation than on the actual acting.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
6s rebel for a reason. 7s rebel for fun.