• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] 359 (Or Any Variations): The Thinker

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any other "Thinkers" here? This tritype always seems to come off as the playful intellectual... :party:

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am petty close to being one, but my gut type is 1w9.

Ahh, welcome fellow 35X! Actually, the 359 tritype seems the most common with IXTX types. lol

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Knocking down the wall to your club anyway

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ahh, welcome fellow 35X! Actually, the 35X tritypes seem the most common with IXTX types. lol

5w6, 1w9, 3w4 to be exact, aka "technical expert".

That claim is not really true, however if 5 is in the lead then definitely yes.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5w6, 1w9, 3w4 to be exact, aka "technical expert".

That claim is not really true, however if 5 is in the lead then definitely yes.

Mine is 3w4, 5w6, 9w8.

I meant the tritype, in general, from what little info I gathered online. Leading with 3 would probably lean a lot more towards E types.

Typically extroverted types = 2, 3, 7, 8. Ambiverted = 1, 6. Introverted = 4, 5, 9.

EDIT: oops.... I changed it to 359s after you quoted me....LOL

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Mine is 3w4, 5w6, 9w8.

I meant the tritype, in general, from what little info I gathered online. Leading with 3 would probably lean a lot more towards E types.

Typically extroverted types = 2, 3, 7, 8. Ambiverted = 1, 6. Introverted = 4, 5, 9.

EDIT: oops.... I changed it to 359s after you quoted me....LOL

Introverted 2. ;)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I will join in and say that I too am one number off from being this tritype, also. I'm a 459, as opposed to a 359.

Edit: I meant to say that I'm 549.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will join in and say that I too am one number off from being this tritype, also. I'm a 459, as opposed to a 359.

Awesome! I would think 459 and 359 are kinda similar based off descriptions.

The thinker and the contemplative.... triple hidden vs. triple withdrawn....:)

á´…eparted

passages
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] is fairly close to this. same numbers in the tritype, just a different order.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you. :) So is [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION]... 539.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] is fairly close to this. same numbers in the tritype, just a different order.

Yeah, I'm 953.

I don't believe in putting wings on the other fixes: that's mixing metaphors, so to speak. You can regard me as 9w8 in one system and 953 in the other. Especially since, if you use wings, then it's more concise to indicate your "type" by listing which Enneagram types you are NOT, than which you are.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I'm 953.

I don't believe in putting wings on the other fixes: that's mixing metaphors, so to speak. You can regard me as 9w8 in one system and 953 in the other. Especially since, if you use wings, then it's more concise to indicate your "type" by listing which Enneagram types you are NOT, than which you are.
Makes sense... it can muddle up the enneagram with 3 types PLUS 3 wings. Most likely 3w4 over 3w2 for my core type though.

Do you relate to the "triple hidden"? :ninja: :peepwall: (this is ironically my fave emoji, haha)

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We don't hide from other people. We hide from ourselves. That's the secret.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Deep stuff, man. Hmm... not sure but that pesky 3 probably does prevent us from completely hiding... ;)

From others' perspective in my life: You appear to be quite self-aware but you are so damn hard to read.

á´…eparted

passages
Yeah, I'm 953.

I basically agree. I am able to see which wing I would have in tritype theory, but honestly 136 is sufficient. Honestly though, I just call myself 1w2- I don't really need 136 to explain myself in enneagram.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Deep stuff, man. Hmm... not sure but that pesky 3 probably does prevent us from completely hiding... ;)

From others' perspective in my life: You appear to be quite self-aware but you are so damn hard to read.

The 3 is a mask. It is the ultimate means of hiding.

The reason we are both self aware and difficult to read is because we quickly learned that if we say our true thoughts directly, we catch a lot of shit. Therefore we have to figure out how to present our thoughts such that people hear the thoughts and not US. That means pretty much everything meaningful we say doesn't contain our ego, but just our ideas. Not that we don't have an ego. We just know that if we attach the ego to the ideas, the ideas and the ego are both rejected.

- - - Updated - - -

As for hiding from ourselves, that's a side effect. In order to detach our ego from our ideas (which aren't really detached!), we kind of have to lie to ourselves, too.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The 3 is a mask. It is the ultimate means of hiding.

The reason we are both self aware and difficult to read is because we quickly learned that if we say our true thoughts directly, we catch a lot of shit. Therefore we have to figure out how to present our thoughts such that people hear the thoughts and not US. That means pretty much everything meaningful we say doesn't contain our ego, but just our ideas. Not that we don't have an ego. We just know that if we attach the ego to the ideas, the ideas and the ego are both rejected.

- - - Updated - - -

As for hiding from ourselves, that's a side effect. In order to detach our ego from our ideas (which aren't really detached!), we kind of have to lie to ourselves, too.

Totally relate. It's fun when we are trying to convey our strong feelings but it just comes off like a intellectual discussion to the other person and then he or she completely misses the point and blows off the feels... *misunderstood panda* And then we convince ourselves it doesn't matter... until it does. it's like being a constant third-party observer to our own thoughts and emotions.

No wonder why people consistently ACCUSE me of posturing and not addressing the issue... even when I don't know what they are talking about.