User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    INXP's function order would be Ji, Ne, Si, Je.

Let's see, which types I'm most and least like, for you, MP.

5 > 9 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 2 I think.
    Ji Je?

INXP (if you want to use "X" notation)

Xi, Ne, si, Xe

INFP (Fi, Ne, Si, Te)
    INTP (Ti, Ne, Si, Fe)
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    Ji Je?

INXP (if you want to use "X" notation)

Xi, Ne, si, Xe

INFP (Fi, Ne, Si, Te)
    INTP (Ti, Ne, Si, Fe)
    I'm using a different notation.

'Judging' functions are labeled as J. Perceiving functions are labeled as P. This means for an INXP, the judging functions are unknown, but the perceiving functions are.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I'm using a different notation.

'Judging' functions are labeled as J. Perceiving functions are labeled as P. This means for an INXP, the judging functions are unknown, but the perceiving functions are.
    oh lol ya you did the same thing i did

just realized that

*bashes head against keyboard*

thanks for clearing that up
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    So, pursuing types have targets that they very pro-actively pursue. It could be that they seek pleasure, or they aim to pre-emptively tackle problems, the actual target of their pursuits is determined by other variable. They are impatient, impetuous people. They also tend to over-estimate the benefit end of cost-benefit analyses, which is one of the things that make them aggressive. They expect to profit from adventures. These types are 3, 7, and 8.

So then we have avoidant types. They generally over-estimate the cost end of cost-benefit analyses. These people tend to spend more time on avoiding what they don't like than they do on seeking what they do like. When they can't avoid stress, they often fall into an almost fatalistic state of passivity. Throwing weight around is something these types seem to have particular distaste for. These types are 4, 5, and 9.

So, the anticipating types do not pursue nor avoid these highlights of life. They stand and deal with them whenever they come. They handle life like a tetris player. These people have a more balanced view of cost-benefit analysis, but perhaps too balanced sometimes. These people don't like making dramatic decisions the same way the other two can, which can make for missed opportunites. These types are 1, 2, and 6.

The second variable is one that regards emotional states and responses. They can be turbulent, supressive, or controling, for lack of better words.

The turbulent ones are the people that do not hinder their emotions at all. They let their moods tempestually flare with every feeling as it is set off. Their emotions run wild. They often seem to tilt toward being more negative than positive, but I think this is largely just because there are more negative emotions than positive ones, not because these types particularly want to dwell on negativity. These types are 4, 6, and 8.

The suppressive types try to keep their emotions from speaking up. They tend to believe that they can work best when they are not hearing thier emotions much or at all. By defualt they are well composed people. But when they fail to successfully supress their emotions, it often results in awkward displays. These types are 1, 3, and 5.

The controlling types are the ones that try to manipulate the flow of their own feelings to their advantage. These are the people that try to think positive. They make an effort to both display desirable emotions to others, and to also frequently reassure themselves of such good feelings. Most usually pick feelings like confidence, happiness, or love to project, but they may develop whatever feeling is appealing to them. They are also prone to suffering from denial, and usually take it very hard if their self-assurances can be completely disproven. These types are 2, 7, and 9.

So, to summarize the types:
    Pursuing/Turbulent = 8. Avoiding/Turbulent = 4. Anticipating/Turbulent = 6. Pursuing/Suppressive = 3. Avoiding/Suppressive = 5. Anticipating/Suppressive = 1. Pursuing/Controlling = 7. Avoiding/Controlling = 9. Anticipating/Controlling = 2.

That's my explanation for now. I think it's pretty crappy, to be honest. If you are particularly interested, Dissonance, then I can surely do a better job actually discussing my theories directly.
    Do these have anything to do with the matrix you used on your faces diagram and discussed in the Big Bowl of Enneagram thread?

Active/Aggressive
    Passive/Evasive
    Reactive/Supportive

Projective
    Detached
    Temperamental
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ISFJ

I score equally in types 8 and 3 yet similarminds.com says I'm 8.

I don't know if I feel like a leader...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    No! I'm an INTP, and if anything else, I'm more like an INFP. I am not an INFJ.
    When will it end?
    haha never. actually INTP fits quite well; i should stop. sry.

MBTI
    INFP

Sleepless, Im sorry, I wasnt constructive. I try to do better. INFJs have a tendency to question theoretical constructs. But if you try to contrain yourself to understand the enneagram its likely you wont understand it, because its a holistic system. INFJs are good at the enneagram if they involve the facilities of their mbti type. From what Ive seen they can get a lot of information from little gestures or movements. If they use the ennagram as a construct they can relate their intuition of people to the enneagram. An INFJ friend of mine also uses music as a way to get a feel for the different types.

MBTI
    INFJ

Sleepless, Im sorry, I wasnt constructive. I try to do better. INFJs have a tendency to question theoretical constructs. But if you try to contrain yourself to understand the enneagram its likely you wont understand it, because its a holistic system. INFJs are good at the enneagram if they involve the facilities of their mbti type. From what Ive seen they can get a lot of information from little gestures or movements. If they use the ennagram as a construct they can relate their intuition of people to the enneagram. An INFJ friend of mine also uses music as a way to get a feel for the different types.
    It's okay then, no problem. And you're probably right about what you say, as an INFJ I do best to approach the Enneagram from Ni, still sometimes you just gotta let it out... :steam: I think I fell in love with it a little at first, a little too much so I had to "liberate" myself from it... I still see it's useful, but I'll be a bit more cautious about it from now on.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Do these have anything to do with the matrix you used on your faces diagram and discussed in the Big Bowl of Enneagram thread?

Active/Aggressive
    Passive/Evasive
    Reactive/Supportive

Projective
    Detached
    Temperamental
    Yes. I think the terms I used this time are slightly better than the ones I used then. I'm constantly tweaking, you know.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

OK.
    So it seems:
    pursuing=extroverts
    avoidant=introverts
    anticipating=ambiverts

The other scale I would expect to be people/task orientation, except that 3 and 8 are reversed:

turbulent=inbetween
    suppressive=task-oriented
    controlling=people-oriented
    ("controlling" seems a bit misleading, as it makes you think of being controlling over other people rather than one's emotions).

But it does make sense that the 8 would be "turbulent" and not "suppressive".
    Beesing, Nogosek, & O'Leary's "Dependent Types" (2,6,7), "Aggressive Types" (8,3,1), and "Withdrawing Types (5,9,4)" partly follow the people/task orientation scale, though 3 and 5 would have to be switched (and "aggressive" would only be in the sense of the person's reaction, rather than expression, and "withdrawing' would have to be renamed).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas