• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Most sadistic types

_Radioactive_

I heard somewhere that the rejection triad has some sadism to it compared to others and I wonder it it's true for all rejection types or just 8s, or if it's not related to type at all.
(Bear in mind that by sadism I don't mean enjoying boiling live puppies, and I don't necessarily mean anything sexual either, more like everyday sadism- enjoying having power over people, enjoying knowing you deceived someone, success as a revenge, thriving on making someone jealous, etc. and being aware of it)

á´…eparted

passages
When I hear sadistic the first type that comes to mind is 8's. That's not to say that type is sadistic by default (they aren't), but the most common type to be sadistic. I would also say that it's somewhat common to a lesser extend in 2's, 6's, and possibly 1's.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mercy or justice?

Human cruelty is boundless fyi.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mercy or justice?

I never liked that question.

We would need less mercy if we had more justice.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We would need less justice if we had more mercy.
So you prefer a string of compassionate exceptions over an entire system based on truth and fairness?

Unpredictable and inefficient.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find 6s more inherently cruel and harmful than 8s, but 8s can obviously be total cunts too.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So you prefer a string of compassionate exceptions over an entire system based on truth and fairness?

Unpredictable and inefficient.

Who gets to decide on what's fair, or what is true?

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Who gets to decide on what's fair, or what is true?
The same people who would decide how to dispense mercy in your arrangement.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The same people who would decide how to dispense mercy in your arrangement.

I think that would need to come from within each individual first.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Real justice does need omniscience, and its goal should be to imbue understanding necessary to avoid harm.

The world we live in is chaos.

[MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION], the bit about omniscience made it feel invalid. I didn't see you'd replied, sorry.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Real justice does need omniscience, and its goal should be to imbue understanding necessary to avoid harm.

The world we live in is chaos.

carl-jung-psychologist-in-all-chaos-there-is-a-cosmos-in-all-disorder.jpg

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just wanted to subscribe to this thread.

Because I think it is interesting to think of, how an ENTJ-8 would compare to an ESTP-8 (7w8) or ESFP-8 (7w8) or even an ESTJ-8 (9w8) would go about their sadistic way. What kind of gain they are trying to get, what the motive is behind it for each. I'm sure there is a fine line, but maybe too small to be noticeable between the types.

_Radioactive_

Mercy or justice?

Sometimes there's just no mercy without justice. Or justice without some mercy.
They overlap so much, it really depends on a specific situation.

When I hear sadistic the first type that comes to mind is 8's. That's not to say that type is sadistic by default (they aren't), but the most common type to be sadistic. I would also say that it's somewhat common to a lesser extend in 2's, 6's, and possibly 1's.
That's the ones I'd choose too, also sx 4 if we go by subtype descriptions (and from knowing some sx 4s I think it can be accurate, but not to such extreme)

Although I'd also think 3s can be like that too in competitive way, wanting to be the best and make competition suffer from shame and envy.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wouldn't 3s be considered to be more narcissistic than sadistic?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It always kind of annoys me that 8s are always labeled as the sadistic ones of the enneagram, when I think that any type has that capability. :dry:

I may come down like a ton of bricks on someone from time to time, but they are people who have done something to hurt someone I hold dear... do not fuck with my loved ones or I will make sure that you leave with the impression that 8s are the most sadistic motherfuckers you will ever meet. I try not to make this a normal practice though, because I DO know how strong I am and what I'm capable of and I don't like to do that type of thing to other people... especially if I don't know all of the facts first. Performing the ton of bricks thing on the wrong person would mean that I would have to be mad at myself and I'm not exactly sure as to how I would go about intimidating myself, because I'm not easy to intimidate even by much larger people. :unsure:

Sadism can come in many flavors... people tend to forget that.

_Radioactive_

Wouldn't 3s be considered to be more narcissistic than sadistic?
Hm, but it seems 3-ish to me to enjoy your greatness leaving a mark on someone, wouldn't a 3 enjoy knowing their enemies are sitting at home crying because they can't be as good at something as a 3 is or have something a 3 has?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It always kind of annoys me that 8s are always labeled as the sadistic ones of the enneagram, when I think that any type has that capability. :dry:

I may come down like a ton of bricks on someone from time to time, but they are people who have done something to hurt someone I hold dear... do not fuck with my loved ones or I will make sure that you leave with the impression that 8s are the most sadistic motherfuckers you will ever meet. I try not to make this a normal practice though, because I DO know how strong I am and what I'm capable of and I don't like to do that type of thing to other people... especially if I don't know all of the facts first. Performing the ton of bricks thing on the wrong person would mean that I would have to be mad at myself and I'm not exactly sure as to how I would go about intimidating myself, because I'm not easy to intimidate even by much larger people. :unsure:

Sadism can come in many flavors... people tend to forget that.

It is annoying and it's almost the first thing people comment on about 8's. On the other hand, it's very obvious and it's very in your face. It isn't some covert, manipulative, behind your back sort of thing. My suggestion is always not to fuck with a person and their job, their family, their property. I know of no healthy 8 that would harm an innocent but if you have it coming and did something to invoke their wrath - sucks to be you.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm, but it seems 3-ish to me to enjoy your greatness leaving a mark on someone, wouldn't a 3 enjoy knowing their enemies are sitting at home crying because they can't be as good at something as a 3 is or have something a 3 has?

Maybe... a 4 on the other hand for example could get back at an 8, as both are oral aggressive. A 4 would get back at an 8 in public space. Humiliation would be the key here.