• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Type Me Video!

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19765]BlackDog[/MENTION] Well, I watched the whole thing on a whim and I don't buy you for an 8w7 at all. That said, here's what I heard/noticed.

You seem pretty laxidaisical and non-committal overall-- even your voice has something of a drone to it. At one point in the video, you even say that you are currently in a pretty good mood, but that's not apparent from your intonation or expressions. I think 9 is a strong possability.

You are not passionate about many values, but honesty, consideration and kindness are mentioned-- except that you say you would only take people for granted who have those traits. Overall staying with the aforementioned dull tone.

You don't know your fears, and admit that you don't very much self knowledge at all (yet later, you say that you think you see yourself realistically).

Want others to see you as qualified, yet you talk about yourself like you are a ho-hum average joe.

You say that bad news is kind of not a big deal, "whatever, it's not that bad". Feathers not ruffled very easily, which I can believe.

Anger- move on from it quickly, but maybe subconciously affected.
Shame- avoid feeling or showing by being stubborn (take it or leave it, stick by decisions).
Anxiety- avoid, and tell self "that's life".
Change- same as ^
Conflict- you say it depends whether harmful or not: Harmful if people take it seriously or are superiors-- then you shy away from it. Engage with conflict when its not serious and fun.
Authority- structure of life, and "I have to deal with it". You say you follow the rules, and can figure out what they are.
Power- think you like it but dont know
Humanity + Life- biology, people just are.

Yep, I'd say a lot of the above is pretty trademark 9-- self forgetting (unsure of your own desires, goals, feelings). Your very obvious matter-of-factness makes me think potentially 9w8, also because you have a pretty heavy (weighty) feeling about you. Avoidance and supression are 9 themes, espescially when avoiding serious conflict or negative feelings. 9's main fear is separation or loss of connection with people, which is why they tend to "not rock the boat".

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
You dont seem like you have Fe- Ti, more Te-Fi. Honestly since you narrowed down the choices to ENTJ and ENTP I would have to say ENTJ.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You dont seem like you have Fe- Ti, more Te-Fi. Honestly since you narrowed down the choices to ENTJ and ENTP I would have to say ENTJ.

I don't stand by ENTJ dogmatically, if you had other ideas those would be interesting as well. I've typed as INTP, INTJ, INFJ, and ENTJ at different times, so I've definitely been around.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=19765]BlackDog[/MENTION] Well, I watched the whole thing on a whim and I don't buy you for an 8w7 at all. That said, here's what I heard/noticed.

You seem pretty laxidaisical and non-committal overall-- even your voice has something of a drone to it. At one point in the video, you even say that you are currently in a pretty good mood, but that's not apparent from your intonation or expressions. I think 9 is a strong possability.

You are not passionate about many values, but honesty, consideration and kindness are mentioned-- except that you say you would only take people for granted who have those traits. Overall staying with the aforementioned dull tone.

You don't know your fears, and admit that you don't very much self knowledge at all (yet later, you say that you think you see yourself realistically).

Want others to see you as qualified, yet you talk about yourself like you are a ho-hum average joe.

You say that bad news is kind of not a big deal, "whatever, it's not that bad". Feathers not ruffled very easily, which I can believe.

Anger- move on from it quickly, but maybe subconciously affected.
Shame- avoid feeling or showing by being stubborn (take it or leave it, stick by decisions).
Anxiety- avoid, and tell self "that's life".
Change- same as ^
Conflict- you say it depends whether harmful or not: Harmful if people take it seriously or are superiors-- then you shy away from it. Engage with conflict when its not serious and fun.
Authority- structure of life, and "I have to deal with it". You say you follow the rules, and can figure out what they are.
Power- think you like it but dont know
Humanity + Life- biology, people just are.

Yep, I'd say a lot of the above is pretty trademark 9-- self forgetting (unsure of your own desires, goals, feelings). Your very obvious matter-of-factness makes me think potentially 9w8, also because you have a pretty heavy (weighty) feeling about you. Avoidance and supression are 9 themes, espescially when avoiding serious conflict or negative feelings. 9's main fear is separation or loss of connection with people, which is why they tend to "not rock the boat".

Brilliant! I absolutely never considered 9 before because I got it into my head that that is an Fi type, and I'm not an Fi type. When you mention it, that makes a lot of sense. My main problem has been that I can imagine being so many things, but I can't see how I 'really' am in any fixed sense; 9 seems to fit well with that.

I'll look into this more.

Occam's Chainsaw

Brilliant! I absolutely never considered 9 before because I got it into my head that that is an Fi type, and I'm not an Fi type. When you mention it, that makes a lot of sense. My main problem has been that I can imagine being so many things, but I can't see how I 'really' am in any fixed sense; 9 seems to fit well with that.

I'll look into this more.

Being Fi does not preclude you from being a 9.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] : I'm trying to square 9w8 with ENTJ. They seem like an extremely unlikely combination. Which is perhaps why I've found solid typings to be elusive. But I don't want to put the cart too far before the horse; do you think that these two can really go together? Googling it quickly, I can't find that anyone has ever claimed to be an ENTJ 9w8.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] : I'm sure you were on the money now. Naranjo's description (1) uses the latin word "accidia" for the core tendency of the 9. Completely independently of Enneagram, my brother once told me that "accidia" was the main thing that might hold me back in life. So there we go . . . Thanks for the typing, I can now regard this as conclusive.

1. [Enneagram Type 9] Naranjo's "Character and Neurosis": Ennea-Type 9

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] : I'm sure you were on the money now. Naranjo's description (1) uses the latin word "accidia" for the core tendency of the 9. Completely independently of Enneagram, my brother once told me that "accidia" was the main thing that might hold me back in life. So there we go . . . Thanks for the typing, I can now regard this as conclusive.

1. [Enneagram Type 9] Naranjo's "Character and Neurosis": Ennea-Type 9

Hi again, sorry for the delay (Tue/Wed are my craziest week days). I'm glad you've found resolution and that I could help! I'm not sure about the MBTI correlation, as I personally don't put much stock in that system. I find it so satisfying that Naranjo provided your "aha" moment, because his work has long been a source of that for me as well. :) Enjoy your Enneagram studies, I've been at it almost 4 years and am still learning.

knowledge827

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] : I'm trying to square 9w8 with ENTJ. They seem like an extremely unlikely combination. Which is perhaps why I've found solid typings to be elusive. But I don't want to put the cart too far before the horse; do you think that these two can really go together? Googling it quickly, I can't find that anyone has ever claimed to be an ENTJ 9w8.

There is a user on Personality Cafe who types as an ENTJ 9w8.