• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] !!!!!!LOOK I'M A NARCISSIST!!!!! give me an enneagram number.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Impression is 4, 6 or 9... Perhaps leaning on to 9.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
cp 6(66), no read on the wing.

Cygnus

cp 6(66), no read on the wing.

All Sixes are counterphobic and all unintegrated Enneagram types are counterphobic.

I'm tired of people implying there's this invisible "Phobic 6" personality that acts like a perfect little robot while their "Counterphobic" brothers attack these same systems the Phobics uphold. If anything, it should indicate one or the other, either the Phobic or the Counterphobic, is acknowledging his core fear, which logically would result in integration. Doesn't it make more sense for the "Counterphobic" to be the natural, "unintegrated" type, grappling with his fear, while the Phobic comes to terms with it, stops trying to quell his anxiety with his Counterphobic reaction-formation, and evolve into a healthy 9 who's fully surrendered to the system he once feared?

I don't know, it never made sense to me to treat Nine types like Ten types, though I certainly wouldn't doubt it if the Six were my core type. My two bits.

Aren't you an ESFJ type 6w7?
That was a random guess I'd went with for a while.

Most people who've known me long adamantly scream that an Fe-dom would never behave as boisterously as I seem to on this site. However, the Socionics approach to Fe is much more interesting in this case:
the16types said:
Fe as Leading Function

The individual is always in tune to the unifying and harmonizing aspects in the constant flow of reality that he perceives surrounding him, and responds to these sensitively, spontaneously and directly. He seeks out and creates activities where people are totally invested and engaged in what they are doing, as well as concepts and ideals that will allow people to feel united in their values and purpose. Something's value for him is directly tied to how much coactive zeal it inspires. He is highly proactive about steering the flow of events into the direction he himself considers ideal. He may, for example, try to lighten a tense atmosphere with jokes and optimistic statements, as happens in case of ESE, or, conversely, get people to be serious and concentrated if they are too carefree during a crisis situation or try to instill a sense of purpose if they are too demotivated as happens in case of EIE. Nevertheless, he believes in full investment, for him there are no half-measures.
I've found myself filling the roles of both types in the bold interchangably, but what's even more interesting is that the Socionic stereotype for the EIE is basically this crazy, hypochondriac, fucked-up person who blows everything out of proportion. I don't know what the stereotype is for ESE because Socionics people give all their attention to Betas.

So ESFJ and ENFJ are still on the table for this reason.

6w7 is tied with 7w8 as the most common type I get pegged as, so that would also be sound reasoning.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IDK but I enjoy you. Think you might be SEE.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
You sound a lot like ENTP despite being ESFJ.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The same enneagram as Billy Corgan - Zero

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...Was the correct answer 3? *hides under blanket*

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Im the spirit of the op
NOBODY CARES

Cygnus

Im the spirit of the op
NOBODY CARES

It's more about putting a coin in the forum machine and making people start talking than anything. You called it, though: I don't really care, either.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This became a thread? No wonder I hardly post here any more.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This became a thread? No wonder I hardly post here any more.

You sound surprised and disapproving.

But Cygnus is an active member and posts liberally all over the forum in a very characteristic style. People who are looking for data have plenty at hand, should they choose to look for it. It's not strange to want opinions based on one's natural posting style and content rather than a canned questionnaire.

Besides, writing those things can be kinda boring.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not Fe dom, anyway.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
i'm a narcissist, too. You probably think you're the best. I'm the best, so you think you're me. Since you're me, your Enneagram type is 7w8.

Cygnus

It's not strange to want opinions based on one's natural posting style and content rather than a canned questionnaire.

Besides, writing those things can be kinda boring.

Isn't that implicitly what people mean when they ask "type me??" If you're willing to go to all the effort of answering that questionnaire, wouldn't it just be easier to research all the types, functions, and intertype relations, find out where which parts are attributed to oneself, and type oneself based on that??

I always thought the purpose of "type me" threads was because a person's viewpoints or experiences could easily taint the accuracy of both questionnaires and personal research; hence, the closest thing to "objectivity" you can get is asking others to gauge how you act on the site.