• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] NFP tritype 479: 9w8 vs 9w1

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Hey y'all! So I'm fairly certain I'm a 479 tritype, with 4w3 and 7w6. I'm just a little confused on the 9 part. For an xNFP (leaning ENFP), which would be more common? How would they manifest themselves differently? Because the 9 is the last in my tritype, it's harder for me to figure this out.

What do you think?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
A person with a 9w8 in the last of the trio will be more agressive than someone with a 9w1. 9 is peacemaker, 8 is challenger, and 1 is perfectionist, therefore a 9w8 would be more agressive and their actions would be more scattered, versus a 9w1 whose actions would strive for perfection and would try to ignite some sort of change. Basically a 9w8 is more willing to challenge others in order to keep peace and the 9w1 would be more OCD like when trying to keep the peace by trying to make the world perfect. Hope this helps.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If it's a fix, why does it matter to you? The differences are pretty relevant for core 9s otherwise I don't see how it adds any value. I also wouldn't expect it to be easy to distinguish, as you're a core 4 you are a reactive type anyway which could push you towards thinking w8, yet your integration point is 1 which would lead to the other.

Nevertheless, a key difference for a core 9 is internal rage v internal critical judgment. For a 9 to figure out their wing often a relevant question is how does your anger manifest (when you actually notice it). Another point is active v passive, if a problem comes up that causes conflict a 9w8 is more likely to actively move things towards a resolution, while a 9w1 is more likely to simply be in the same space as a calming influence.