• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagram Inaccurate? Can't find my type...

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
There isn't one Enneagram Type that fits to me. I'll start.

Yes
1, 5, 7, 8.

Maybe
3, 4.

No
2, 6, 9.

Further explanation:
Type 1.
Justice and Truth are two things I value more than anything.

Type 2.
I can't see myself as a 2...

Type 3.
Sucess is kinda important, but not to that degree.

Type 4.
I like being unique in a positive way, but not in a negative way.

Type 5.
I value competence above moral or stuff like that...

Type 6.
Oh Hell no. Being loyal is being a "bitch". Being loyal is being below someone. Everyone is equal, unless they are more competent.

Type 7.
Life without fun? Life without new experiences? BO-ring... This type is a definite yes.

Type 8.
Power! Wealth! Influence! Hell yeah. This type is a yes.

Type 9.
I don't accept life if it sucks. I want to change it. Tradition sucks as well.

I'll try to find out myself.
1: Type 7
2/3/4: Type 1, 5 and 8 all tied!
5: Type 4
6: Type 3
7/8: Type 2 and 9 tied
9: Type 6

Yeah, It didn't work out that well. Can someone please help? Thanks.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
You could be a 7w8. It's not common for INTPs, but at the end of the day, MBTI and Enneagram are separate. Just a question: do people ever mistake you for an extrovert? Maybe an INTP 7 could come across as more of an ENTP.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For the Enneagram I think it pays to focus on which issues keep you from intimacy in relationships (both platonic and romantic) and from pursuing what's meaningful for you (in work, your personal life, etc). Being aware of such issues can be difficult, since we tend to be blind to our defense mechanisms—they do, after all, defend us from having to be fully aware and vulnerable.

Cygnus

If you don't think you can fit into the system, it's your fault for not understanding it.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
[MENTION=24238]RandomINTP[/MENTION] - 6 is really moreso about fitting in IMO.

You said later on that 7 fits you the best, so I'm not really understanding what the issue is.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you don't think you can fit into the system, it's your fault for not understanding it.

:dry: Wow... Seriously?
I have more than 2 values. You are the one that doesn't understand it. 1,5,7 and 8 all fit to me.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
You could be a 7w8. It's not common for INTPs, but at the end of the day, MBTI and Enneagram are separate. Just a question: do people ever mistake you for an extrovert? Maybe an INTP 7 could come across as more of an ENTP.

Yeah, I'm actually more of an Ambivert because I'm social but too much drains me. Yeah. IRL, most people here would say I'm an ENTP.
I'm argumentative (for the lolz) like an ENTP,
I'm honest and straightforward like an ENTJ,
And I can be very idealistic like an INFJ,
But deep down I know I'm an INTP.

[MENTION=24238]RandomINTP[/MENTION] - 6 is really moreso about fitting in IMO.
You said later on that 7 fits you the best, so I'm not really understanding what the issue is.

The issue is my 2nd type. I could be either a 7w1, a 7w5 or a 7w8.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
The issue is my 2nd type. I could be either a 7w1, a 7w5 or a 7w8.

For whatever reason, I've been told that wings are only for adjacent types. So you'd be a 7w8.

Quite frankly, I don't understand why they can't be adjacent. I'd like to call myself a 6w4, but for some reason this isn't possible or something.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enneagram is accurate once you get to know yourself good enough to know that you are that type. Also, it seems to me that you barely understand what the types are about so I would recommend to go read up on the subject. 8 is definitely not about power, wealth etc. whatever else you wrote here, lol. 8 is about seeking revenge as an attempt to avoid a sense of victimhood.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Enneagram is accurate once you get to know yourself good enough to know that you are that type. Also, it seems to me that you barely understand what the types are about so I would recommend to go read up on the subject. 8 is definitely not about power, wealth etc. whatever else you wrote here, lol. 8 is about seeking revenge as an attempt to avoid a sense of victimhood.

That, I ironically love even more...

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That, I ironically love even more...

You don't "love" these things; you do it as a reaction-formation. It's unconscious. Honestly, I'd look into the image types first, especially 2 and 3, if I were you, because you seem very image-focused.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
You don't "love" these things; you do it as a reaction-formation. It's unconscious. Honestly, I'd look into the image types first, especially 2 and 3, if I were you, because you seem very image-focused.

I already looked into 2.
The value of helping and being helped and stuff isn' that important to me.

And about 3.
3 is the value of sucess, image, etc. I'm kinda narcissistic, but fame isn't something I want.
In fact, I want to avoid being overly famous. Wealth, yes, but not fame.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=24238]RandomINTP[/MENTION] From reading the thread thus far, my vote is for 3. I agree with [MENTION=16405]Entropic[/MENTION] that you might be an image type, the way you've approached the material seems thirsty for a label.

Your felt drawn to 8 was because you saw it as having to do with wealth and power, which connect a bit better as keywords with 3. 3's main desire is to win, to be the best, to exceed cultural expectations (which, here in the western world are money, style, power, popularity, charisma, intelligence, etc.). Even your thread title feels 3 to me, assuming the system must be broken because you couldn't see yourself in it (I'll echo the word you used: narcissistic).

Some Questions:

1) Which do you value more: wealth or justice?

2) How does it make you feel if someone out performs you?

3) How emotionally healthy would you say that you currently are?

4) Are you more persuasive or more straightforward?

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]

1) I value Justice above all else. I value wealth also alot though, because it's justified (I'm not exactly rich).

2) I'd say I'd do my best to be better, no matter what, and if that fails, I would treat that person with respect. It never happened, though.

3) Let's see... 64% Psychopath, 40% Aspergers, 48% Sociopath, 67,5% Narcissism, Aggression Problems... I'd say I'm fucked up in the head, but for my 135 IQ, my drawing talents, my argumentative talents, my ironically high empathy (I'm a total empath in some things and a total sociopath in other), my ability to learn anything I put my mind to (I have great social skills, but they used to be awful), I'd say it's worth it!

4) I'd say 50%/50%. I don't mind lying my way in or out of anything if it doesn't affect anyone, but at the same time, I have no problem with stating the truth even if it could possible hurt someone's feelings. It depends on what works best. If the odds are in my favor, I'll stick to the truth. However, if the odds aren't, I'll make them be in my favor. Manipulating is useful, especially in win-win situations. I only want the best of both worlds, if you know what I mean.
I try to stick to the truth with my lies, though. When I lie, it's usually not completely lied. I'll define it like this: I'm argumentative.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You sound like some permutation of the 378 tritype to me.

My first instinct was to say 837 but [MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] made a good case for 3, so 387 is my vote.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not really showcasing sufficient desire towards introspection to give any good or meaningful type response, tbh.

I already looked into 2.
The value of helping and being helped and stuff isn' that important to me.

And about 3.
3 is the value of sucess, image, etc. I'm kinda narcissistic, but fame isn't something I want.
In fact, I want to avoid being overly famous. Wealth, yes, but not fame.

The thing about 2 is that they inherently seek to feel lovable which is very different from being a helper. How a 2 will go on to make themselves lovable to others varies widely among 2s. Similarly, 3s don't necessarily seek fame as much as they seek recognition of their own sense of value as they deep down experience themselves to be worthless or valueless. Unless you can actually bother to look into this and yourself more deeply beyond taking some generic test about how well or not well you fit certain DSM categories, you will never figure out your enneagram type. This is because you aren't approaching yourself honestly to begin with, as much as you are approaching yourself and the system superficially. That's not the point of the enneagram.

Personally, what I do see, based on the little I've seen, however, is actually a substantial claim towards 2. A lot of what is going on in this thread seems like ego-flatter to me, which is indicative of being motivated by pride as opposed to vanity. 3s aren't nearly as self-promotional in this way as 2s are. 3s want to be recognized based on their actual accomplishments but aren't going to flaunt themselves in this kind of way. That's what 2s do, however.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]

1) I value Justice above all else. I value wealth also alot though, because it's justified (I'm not exactly rich).

2) I'd say I'd do my best to be better, no matter what, and if that fails, I would treat that person with respect. It never happened, though.

3) Let's see... 64% Psychopath, 40% Aspergers, 48% Sociopath, 67,5% Narcissism, Aggression Problems... I'd say I'm fucked up in the head, but for my 135 IQ, my drawing talents, my argumentative talents, my ironically high empathy (I'm a total empath in some things and a total sociopath in other), my ability to learn anything I put my mind to (I have great social skills, but they used to be awful), I'd say it's worth it!

4) I'd say 50%/50%. I don't mind lying my way in or out of anything if it doesn't affect anyone, but at the same time, I have no problem with stating the truth even if it could possible hurt someone's feelings. It depends on what works best. If the odds are in my favor, I'll stick to the truth. However, if the odds aren't, I'll make them be in my favor. Manipulating is useful, especially in win-win situations. I only want the best of both worlds, if you know what I mean.
I try to stick to the truth with my lies, though. When I lie, it's usually not completely lied. I'll define it like this: I'm argumentative.

Your answer to the last question is 3 all over the place. Enneagram 3 is known for its chameleon like ability to get what it wants (win) by becoming whatever is needed in the moment. A three acquaintence that I interviewed for a project put it this way (and yes, this is a direct quote): "I am repulsed by blatant lies, but I am a great manipulator. I am very particular about my words in such a way that you form your own opinion-- which sometimes results in deception." Your answer to the second question is also pretty telling. ;)

I do agree with the above in that you could have a 2 wing, and that you very well may be 378 (my Dad is that tritype, so I know it well). You might find this thread helpful, it's a guy that I helped to type a while ago-- you remind me of him, and he ended up a 3 (and interestingly enough, also pretty unhealthy emotionally).

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your answer to the last question is 3 all over the place. Enneagram 3 is known for its chameleon like ability to get what it wants (win) by becoming whatever is needed in the moment. A three acquaintence that I interviewed for a project put it this way (and yes, this is a direct quote): "I am repulsed by blatant lies, but I am a great manipulator. I am very particular about my words in such a way that you form your own opinion-- which sometimes results in deception." Your answer to the second question is also pretty telling. ;)

I do agree with the above in that you could have a 2 wing, and that you very well may be 378 (my Dad is that tritype, so I know it well). You might find this thread helpful, it's a guy that I helped to type a while ago-- you remind me of him, and he ended up a 3 (and interestingly enough, also pretty unhealthy emotionally).

In the tests, I usually get 7w5 as a result.
Whatever my Enneagram is, it's not 6.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
7w5 doesn't exist. [MENTION=6554]DisneyGeek[/MENTION] was right that your wing has to be adjacent to your type. You could only be 7w6 or 7w8.

I totally agree with small.wonder, fwiw.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In the tests, I usually get 7w5 as a result.
Whatever my Enneagram is, it's not 6.

I third the notion (fact, really) that wings are only ever adjacent-- so 7w5 doesn't exist (but a healthy 7 does integrate to 5). I don't believe you are a 7, but do understand why a 3 might mistype as a 7 (it's actually a pretty common mistake). This is what the Enneagram Institute says about the commonality and differences between 3 and 7: