User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 30

  1. #11
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    That, I ironically love even more...
    You don't "love" these things; you do it as a reaction-formation. It's unconscious. Honestly, I'd look into the image types first, especially 2 and 3, if I were you, because you seem very image-focused.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

  2. #12
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    You don't "love" these things; you do it as a reaction-formation. It's unconscious. Honestly, I'd look into the image types first, especially 2 and 3, if I were you, because you seem very image-focused.
    I already looked into 2.
    The value of helping and being helped and stuff isn' that important to me.

    And about 3.
    3 is the value of sucess, image, etc. I'm kinda narcissistic, but fame isn't something I want.
    In fact, I want to avoid being overly famous. Wealth, yes, but not fame.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  3. #13
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    @RandomINTP From reading the thread thus far, my vote is for 3. I agree with @Entropic that you might be an image type, the way you've approached the material seems thirsty for a label.

    Your felt drawn to 8 was because you saw it as having to do with wealth and power, which connect a bit better as keywords with 3. 3's main desire is to win, to be the best, to exceed cultural expectations (which, here in the western world are money, style, power, popularity, charisma, intelligence, etc.). Even your thread title feels 3 to me, assuming the system must be broken because you couldn't see yourself in it (I'll echo the word you used: narcissistic).

    Some Questions:

    1) Which do you value more: wealth or justice?

    2) How does it make you feel if someone out performs you?

    3) How emotionally healthy would you say that you currently are?

    4) Are you more persuasive or more straightforward?
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨
    Likes EJCC, Entropic liked this post

  4. #14
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    @small.wonder

    1) I value Justice above all else. I value wealth also alot though, because it's justified (I'm not exactly rich).

    2) I'd say I'd do my best to be better, no matter what, and if that fails, I would treat that person with respect. It never happened, though.

    3) Let's see... 64% Psychopath, 40% Aspergers, 48% Sociopath, 67,5% Narcissism, Aggression Problems... I'd say I'm fucked up in the head, but for my 135 IQ, my drawing talents, my argumentative talents, my ironically high empathy (I'm a total empath in some things and a total sociopath in other), my ability to learn anything I put my mind to (I have great social skills, but they used to be awful), I'd say it's worth it!

    4) I'd say 50%/50%. I don't mind lying my way in or out of anything if it doesn't affect anyone, but at the same time, I have no problem with stating the truth even if it could possible hurt someone's feelings. It depends on what works best. If the odds are in my favor, I'll stick to the truth. However, if the odds aren't, I'll make them be in my favor. Manipulating is useful, especially in win-win situations. I only want the best of both worlds, if you know what I mean.
    I try to stick to the truth with my lies, though. When I lie, it's usually not completely lied. I'll define it like this: I'm argumentative.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  5. #15
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,425

    Default

    You sound like some permutation of the 378 tritype to me.

    My first instinct was to say 837 but @small.wonder made a good case for 3, so 387 is my vote.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  6. #16
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Not really showcasing sufficient desire towards introspection to give any good or meaningful type response, tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    I already looked into 2.
    The value of helping and being helped and stuff isn' that important to me.

    And about 3.
    3 is the value of sucess, image, etc. I'm kinda narcissistic, but fame isn't something I want.
    In fact, I want to avoid being overly famous. Wealth, yes, but not fame.
    The thing about 2 is that they inherently seek to feel lovable which is very different from being a helper. How a 2 will go on to make themselves lovable to others varies widely among 2s. Similarly, 3s don't necessarily seek fame as much as they seek recognition of their own sense of value as they deep down experience themselves to be worthless or valueless. Unless you can actually bother to look into this and yourself more deeply beyond taking some generic test about how well or not well you fit certain DSM categories, you will never figure out your enneagram type. This is because you aren't approaching yourself honestly to begin with, as much as you are approaching yourself and the system superficially. That's not the point of the enneagram.

    Personally, what I do see, based on the little I've seen, however, is actually a substantial claim towards 2. A lot of what is going on in this thread seems like ego-flatter to me, which is indicative of being motivated by pride as opposed to vanity. 3s aren't nearly as self-promotional in this way as 2s are. 3s want to be recognized based on their actual accomplishments but aren't going to flaunt themselves in this kind of way. That's what 2s do, however.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  7. #17
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    @small.wonder

    1) I value Justice above all else. I value wealth also alot though, because it's justified (I'm not exactly rich).

    2) I'd say I'd do my best to be better, no matter what, and if that fails, I would treat that person with respect. It never happened, though.

    3) Let's see... 64% Psychopath, 40% Aspergers, 48% Sociopath, 67,5% Narcissism, Aggression Problems... I'd say I'm fucked up in the head, but for my 135 IQ, my drawing talents, my argumentative talents, my ironically high empathy (I'm a total empath in some things and a total sociopath in other), my ability to learn anything I put my mind to (I have great social skills, but they used to be awful), I'd say it's worth it!

    4) I'd say 50%/50%. I don't mind lying my way in or out of anything if it doesn't affect anyone, but at the same time, I have no problem with stating the truth even if it could possible hurt someone's feelings. It depends on what works best. If the odds are in my favor, I'll stick to the truth. However, if the odds aren't, I'll make them be in my favor. Manipulating is useful, especially in win-win situations. I only want the best of both worlds, if you know what I mean.
    I try to stick to the truth with my lies, though. When I lie, it's usually not completely lied. I'll define it like this: I'm argumentative.
    Your answer to the last question is 3 all over the place. Enneagram 3 is known for its chameleon like ability to get what it wants (win) by becoming whatever is needed in the moment. A three acquaintence that I interviewed for a project put it this way (and yes, this is a direct quote): "I am repulsed by blatant lies, but I am a great manipulator. I am very particular about my words in such a way that you form your own opinion-- which sometimes results in deception." Your answer to the second question is also pretty telling.

    I do agree with the above in that you could have a 2 wing, and that you very well may be 378 (my Dad is that tritype, so I know it well). You might find this thread helpful, it's a guy that I helped to type a while ago-- you remind me of him, and he ended up a 3 (and interestingly enough, also pretty unhealthy emotionally).
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨
    Likes EJCC liked this post

  8. #18
    Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Your answer to the last question is 3 all over the place. Enneagram 3 is known for its chameleon like ability to get what it wants (win) by becoming whatever is needed in the moment. A three acquaintence that I interviewed for a project put it this way (and yes, this is a direct quote): "I am repulsed by blatant lies, but I am a great manipulator. I am very particular about my words in such a way that you form your own opinion-- which sometimes results in deception." Your answer to the second question is also pretty telling.

    I do agree with the above in that you could have a 2 wing, and that you very well may be 378 (my Dad is that tritype, so I know it well). You might find this thread helpful, it's a guy that I helped to type a while ago-- you remind me of him, and he ended up a 3 (and interestingly enough, also pretty unhealthy emotionally).
    In the tests, I usually get 7w5 as a result.
    Whatever my Enneagram is, it's not 6.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

    "Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

  9. #19
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,425

    Default

    7w5 doesn't exist. @DisneyGeek was right that your wing has to be adjacent to your type. You could only be 7w6 or 7w8.

    I totally agree with small.wonder, fwiw.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes small.wonder, Entropic liked this post

  10. #20
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    In the tests, I usually get 7w5 as a result.
    Whatever my Enneagram is, it's not 6.
    I third the notion (fact, really) that wings are only ever adjacent-- so 7w5 doesn't exist (but a healthy 7 does integrate to 5). I don't believe you are a 7, but do understand why a 3 might mistype as a 7 (it's actually a pretty common mistake). This is what the Enneagram Institute says about the commonality and differences between 3 and 7:

    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Similar Threads

  1. Can someone please give me advice on how to find my type?
    By Sweetheart in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-08-2015, 09:02 PM
  2. Can you find my type?
    By Yumeki in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 08:21 PM
  3. You. Yes, you. Can you help me find my type?
    By Empressc in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 05:48 PM
  4. Can anyone Skype me to help me find my type?
    By Nicki in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 03:59 AM
  5. Can anyone help me find my type?
    By MilkyWay in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO