User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: My tritype?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Kensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Meh, I suck at reading endless walls of information, but I'll try..
    I think your whole personality is pretty much based on an extraverted, boredom screwing nature, that loves adventure and fun and wants to be cool, which screams 7. You seem more 6 than 8, because you don't really seem like the type of person that would be agressive with another human being and that you just want to have fun, so I say 7w6 for the first part. For your second, you seem very 4, because you put so much emphasis on your identity and being yourself, that it would be stupid not to type you 4. You are in no way 5. 5's are cerebral and intellectual and you seem to put more emphasis on personal goals than intellectual pursuits, so 4w3. For the last part, I'm going to go with 3, but only because you didn't show much of any of the other traits. Not sure about the wing, but one can go with 2 just to add more variance in personality. In conclusion, I think you are 7w6-4w3-3w2 sx/so
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    @Kensei Take a guess at mine, too? mbti/socionics/enneagram (any one or all). I have 2 questionnaires filled out here, so take both in account.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

    Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.
    Likes DreamBeliever liked this post

  2. #22
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    Meh, I suck at reading endless walls of information, but I'll try..
    I think your whole personality is pretty much based on an extraverted, boredom screwing nature, that loves adventure and fun and wants to be cool, which screams 7. You seem more 6 than 8, because you don't really seem like the type of person that would be agressive with another human being and that you just want to have fun, so I say 7w6 for the first part. For your second, you seem very 4, because you put so much emphasis on your identity and being yourself, that it would be stupid not to type you 4. You are in no way 5. 5's are cerebral and intellectual and you seem to put more emphasis on personal goals than intellectual pursuits, so 4w3. For the last part, I'm going to go with 3, but only because you didn't show much of any of the other traits. Not sure about the wing, but one can go with 2 just to add more variance in personality. In conclusion, I think you are 7w6-4w3-3w2 sx/so
    You can't have two image types in a tritype. Only one from each center of intelligence.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

  3. #23
    Senior Member Kensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Okay, so mabye 742 instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    You can't have two image types in a tritype. Only one from each center of intelligence.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

    Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Kensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Wait, never mind. I see what you mean by 3 different imtelligence areeas now, so I'm going with 749 or 741
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    You can't have two image types in a tritype. Only one from each center of intelligence.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

    Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.
    Likes DreamBeliever liked this post

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    @DreamBeliever I really am not a strong proponent for tritype over first figuring out one's enneatype core because I find that usually it's the core that really matters and everything else including wings, instincts and tritype are flavors in order to distinguish why I'm not quite the same like everyone else of this type. Furthermore, I'm not that good at enneagram-typing and after really deepening my understanding of the theory, I'm also not very prone towards suggesting tritypes as a whole. I read through your OP before and I felt that I couldn't really place what you write in any specific type, so I'll just ask some questions because type is ultimately not about what we do, but why we do what we do:



    What do these values mean to you? Specifically in this case freedom, fun, excitement, passion and new experiences? Why do you seek them? I think that a lot of people thought type 7 because they were getting off these buzzes, forgetting that people can value these things for a wide variety of reasons unrelated to type 7. I'm an 8w9 and one of my most esteemed values is freedom.



    Ok, first of all, what I think about here is that you seem to be an Se type in the MBTI, though I realize this is unrelated to the enneagram. Secondly, I think you got a strong sp instinct in there, mostly due to the bolded. I'd wager sp/sx or sx/sp for you. Thirdly, why do you want to do all these things? What do you hope to accomplish? What drives you towards seeking out these particular experiences over other experiences?



    The part in bolded, if I had to type this unrelated to everything else, sounds very 6, a bit more on the 6w7 end. Ultimately though, again, why do you dread these things? Why would you want to avoid them? The second sentence sounds very Fi.



    Sounds extremely head-type related. Especially both 6 and 7 struggle with a feeling of not quite being enough, that there's a sense of not being strong enough to survive the big world outside. The part in bolded, especially when studied unrelated to everything else, seems extremely 6, showing how type 6 is connected to type 3, thinking that security will come through accomplishment. Again, however, why do you fear these things?



    Why these things? What do they mean to you?



    1. Seems like a very much a sensor and also sx concern, especially with how sx pairs with sensation.

    2. I'm again more inclined to lean towards type 6 reading this, as 7s tend to be more out of touch with their inner anxiety compared to 6s. 5s tend to also not be as aware of their anxiety as 6s. Which is to say, worrying in itself and having worries is not explicit or unique to type 6, but worry does tend to be more typical an issue of the head center, because head types try to solve problems by thinking about them. Specifically in the case of 6s, their thinking is an attempt to problem-shoot by understanding the worst that can happen and in such a way allow themselves to prepare. 6s tend to don a stance of always preparing for the worst and this can cause them a lot of worry because they possess an inherent bias leaning towards negative outcomes; as such, they believe everything will always turn out the worst way possible and it causes anxiety and worry because it makes them feel like they can't get through it. Especially during times of stress, a lot of focus goes towards their sense performance because they inherently think that if they just perform the best (and this can give a lot of 6s a very perfectionistic streak), they can overcome these worst case scenarios e.g. if studying for a exam they are utterly convinced that they have not studied enough due to say, procrastinating on the issue earlier. This results in believing that they will fail and so in order to make up for this they believe that they have to score 100% on it or they won't pass and they know that this is of course not possible since the worst case scenario is that they fail. Because they also believe that they will fail, this obviously causes a lot of worry because they begin to see how these events connect to other events that will make it difficult to survive e.g. poor grades will result in a more difficult time to get a job or what have you and without a job they can't survive because they aren't making money etc.

    3. The final sentence reminds me of something my ESFP 6w5 sx/sp girlfriend tends to be concerned about as well. She often and easily gets bored though I wouldn't say that it per se worries her that there's nothing to do, but she is definitely concerned about not having friends because 6s fear being abandoned. Being too far behind so it's impossible to catchup is probably something that would concern most people no matter what type they are, though for 6s this can again cause a lot of stress because it connects to type 3 and their sense of needing to perform more and more which is not very healthy for them. Looking like a mess seems more like an sx and sensory concern, perhaps also with sp, depending on why this is a concern.




    On a), this is another pointer why I think you may be a sensation and specifically an Se type. However, you don't really write about what you think about anger, how it makes you feel, how you react to it, what makes you angry and why. If you want a tritype typing, we need to know more than how you behave. Why are you angry? What things make you angry? How do you think and feel about anger?

    On b), what kinds of poor choices?

    On c), can you at least try? What makes you anxious and why?



    On a), what do you mean by feeling trapped and overwhelmed? Why do you give up and retreat?

    On b), can you be more specific? Is there for example a recent life event that you thought of?

    On c), again, this seems like Se to me. Why do you tell people off? What do you say or think? Why do you say or think those things?



    On a), why?

    On b), why?



    The bolded part seems a little 7ish to think. Otherwise it just sounds very Fi as a sentiment. Why do you think life is short and it should be lived to its fullest?
    Whoops, I still haven't answered your questions back on here. I'll be sure to do that by the end of the day. I jotted some things down but haven't got around to typing it all out yet.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    You can't have two image types in a tritype. Only one from each center of intelligence.
    It's funny that I didn't catch that either. Yeah, 234-heart, 567-head, & 891-gut.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    @DreamBeliever I really am not a strong proponent for tritype over first figuring out one's enneatype core because I find that usually it's the core that really matters and everything else including wings, instincts and tritype are flavors in order to distinguish why I'm not quite the same like everyone else of this type. Furthermore, I'm not that good at enneagram-typing and after really deepening my understanding of the theory, I'm also not very prone towards suggesting tritypes as a whole. I read through your OP before and I felt that I couldn't really place what you write in any specific type, so I'll just ask some questions because type is ultimately not about what we do, but why we do what we do:



    What do these values mean to you? Specifically in this case freedom, fun, excitement, passion and new experiences? Why do you seek them? I think that a lot of people thought type 7 because they were getting off these buzzes, forgetting that people can value these things for a wide variety of reasons unrelated to type 7. I'm an 8w9 and one of my most esteemed values is freedom.



    Ok, first of all, what I think about here is that you seem to be an Se type in the MBTI, though I realize this is unrelated to the enneagram. Secondly, I think you got a strong sp instinct in there, mostly due to the bolded. I'd wager sp/sx or sx/sp for you. Thirdly, why do you want to do all these things? What do you hope to accomplish? What drives you towards seeking out these particular experiences over other experiences?



    The part in bolded, if I had to type this unrelated to everything else, sounds very 6, a bit more on the 6w7 end. Ultimately though, again, why do you dread these things? Why would you want to avoid them? The second sentence sounds very Fi.



    Sounds extremely head-type related. Especially both 6 and 7 struggle with a feeling of not quite being enough, that there's a sense of not being strong enough to survive the big world outside. The part in bolded, especially when studied unrelated to everything else, seems extremely 6, showing how type 6 is connected to type 3, thinking that security will come through accomplishment. Again, however, why do you fear these things?



    Why these things? What do they mean to you?



    1. Seems like a very much a sensor and also sx concern, especially with how sx pairs with sensation.

    2. I'm again more inclined to lean towards type 6 reading this, as 7s tend to be more out of touch with their inner anxiety compared to 6s. 5s tend to also not be as aware of their anxiety as 6s. Which is to say, worrying in itself and having worries is not explicit or unique to type 6, but worry does tend to be more typical an issue of the head center, because head types try to solve problems by thinking about them. Specifically in the case of 6s, their thinking is an attempt to problem-shoot by understanding the worst that can happen and in such a way allow themselves to prepare. 6s tend to don a stance of always preparing for the worst and this can cause them a lot of worry because they possess an inherent bias leaning towards negative outcomes; as such, they believe everything will always turn out the worst way possible and it causes anxiety and worry because it makes them feel like they can't get through it. Especially during times of stress, a lot of focus goes towards their sense performance because they inherently think that if they just perform the best (and this can give a lot of 6s a very perfectionistic streak), they can overcome these worst case scenarios e.g. if studying for a exam they are utterly convinced that they have not studied enough due to say, procrastinating on the issue earlier. This results in believing that they will fail and so in order to make up for this they believe that they have to score 100% on it or they won't pass and they know that this is of course not possible since the worst case scenario is that they fail. Because they also believe that they will fail, this obviously causes a lot of worry because they begin to see how these events connect to other events that will make it difficult to survive e.g. poor grades will result in a more difficult time to get a job or what have you and without a job they can't survive because they aren't making money etc.

    3. The final sentence reminds me of something my ESFP 6w5 sx/sp girlfriend tends to be concerned about as well. She often and easily gets bored though I wouldn't say that it per se worries her that there's nothing to do, but she is definitely concerned about not having friends because 6s fear being abandoned. Being too far behind so it's impossible to catchup is probably something that would concern most people no matter what type they are, though for 6s this can again cause a lot of stress because it connects to type 3 and their sense of needing to perform more and more which is not very healthy for them. Looking like a mess seems more like an sx and sensory concern, perhaps also with sp, depending on why this is a concern.




    On a), this is another pointer why I think you may be a sensation and specifically an Se type. However, you don't really write about what you think about anger, how it makes you feel, how you react to it, what makes you angry and why. If you want a tritype typing, we need to know more than how you behave. Why are you angry? What things make you angry? How do you think and feel about anger?

    On b), what kinds of poor choices?

    On c), can you at least try? What makes you anxious and why?



    On a), what do you mean by feeling trapped and overwhelmed? Why do you give up and retreat?

    On b), can you be more specific? Is there for example a recent life event that you thought of?

    On c), again, this seems like Se to me. Why do you tell people off? What do you say or think? Why do you say or think those things?



    On a), why?

    On b), why?



    The bolded part seems a little 7ish to think. Otherwise it just sounds very Fi as a sentiment. Why do you think life is short and it should be lived to its fullest?
    Were you leaning toward 6w7? That's what it sounded like from your post to me, but correct me if I'm wrong. You meantioned Se & Fi for me, so did you have a guess for my mbti while you're at it, too?

  8. #28
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamBeliever View Post
    Were you leaning toward 6w7? That's what it sounded like from your post to me, but correct me if I'm wrong. You meantioned Se & Fi for me, so did you have a guess for my mbti while you're at it, too?
    I don't have a strong opinion.

    I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

Similar Threads

  1. [Tri] Please help me to determine my tritype?
    By shanix in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 02:12 PM
  2. [Tri] Unsure of my tritype
    By aetherabove in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 02:40 PM
  3. [Tri] Tell me my tritype
    By Kensei in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 05:03 AM
  4. [Tri] I need help with my tritype.
    By accualiizdolan in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 06:00 AM
  5. [Tri] I think my tritype is 954.
    By Fluffywolf in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 09:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO