User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I can't empathize type 8s wanting to get into conflict. Arguing with someone that has a extreme emotional bias to their conflict is a waste of time almost like religion debates. I think type 9s have the better outlook when dealing with conflict. Type 9 way of thinking usually has deals with conflict by retreating and sweeping things under the rug which in my opinion is the best route. It's less taxing on energy.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    Yeah, as they can be all the other 8 types in the enneagram. What do you mean with that people can turn into 8?
    Yeah I missed this comment. The growth for type 5 is to be type 8. I assume they turn into type 8 or something. When they do, they act on faults and inconsistency onto people or their arguments instead of retreating. I've done this before with people who were malicious. I usually prefer retreating most of the time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    Yeah I missed this comment. The growth for type 5 is to be type 8. I assume they turn into type 8 or something. When they do, they act on faults and inconsistency onto people or their arguments instead of retreating. I've done this before with people who were malicious. I usually prefer retreating most of the time.
    Not really. It's more about learning to take action in the world.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    I can't empathize type 8s wanting to get into conflict. Arguing with someone that has a extreme emotional bias to their conflict is a waste of time almost like religion debates. I think type 9s have the better outlook when dealing with conflict. Type 9 way of thinking usually has deals with conflict by retreating and sweeping things under the rug which in my opinion is the best route. It's less taxing on energy.
    And it creates MORE problems. Sweeping things under the rug is no way to deal with anything, certainly not for a mature adult. Deal with problems, don't hide in a corner and bury your head in the sand.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INJF
    Enneagram
    854 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    My father is an enneagram type 7w8. At times his wing influence is so strong he could be mistyped as an 8. Ime, with type 8's and those with a strong 8 wing, there is a over-riding sense of Honor in all that they do. They are open, honest and direct in their dealings with people. You always know what is on their minds and where they stand on any given issue. Also, you never wonder where you stand in relation to them. If there is something they don't like they tell you straight air it out and then seek resolution. Since 8's have a line to type 2, they are often generous with their time and energy and have a large circle of freinds (and sometimes have difficulty saying no, especially when it comes to their own children). They aren't known to hide and make petty swipes. They are very much "what you see is what you get". They also generally aren't known to attack or bully (that's the domain of CP6's). They also tend to engage in open dialogue and encourage open discussion because they value truth and honesty. Also, if they sense any kind of underlying issue which needs to be addressed they will bring it out into the open and confront head on. Also, They aren't petty, nit-picky, or critical people.

Just wanted to share

You just described me perfectly!