User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    Lol, indeed I did as if that actually changes that I am self-aware now as opposed to what I were. As with most people it's a gradual process and there's no sin in mistyping.

When I claim that people have a fucked up idea about 8 on the Internet though, I mean just that. You trying to discredit me by digging up stuff from the past isn't doing anything more than being a character slander but doesn't actually at all address the claim that is being made. You aren't defending or providing evidence why the claim is wrong and incorrect and most importantly, I don't think you can. You can try though, except I got the sources and experiential understanding on my side, which is the problem with how people discuss the type on the Internet. It tends to fall back on reproducing the popular narrative but nothing else is being presented. The popular narrative is not the type but merely a surface level of it at best.
    What you see as an attempt to discredit a person is in reality someone who is merely impatient with inconsistency of thought. Period. So, whine if you must that someone is trying to "discredit" you, and maybe next you'll claim the Illuminati is after you. Or a demonic cult. Nothing would surprise me at this point. Next month perhaps you'll claim to be a different enneagram type; no doubt claiming to be an "expert" of sorts to back up that new type you'll be wearing on your t-shirt. Learning along the way is great, but blaming people for your own shitty research isn't, as in:

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic
    I'm an 8 and it took a lot of time until I could settle on the type and a major reason why I didn't is because people often have a fucked up idea of what an 8 is on the internet.
    If you came to a piss-poor conclusion, blame yourself. Not what people say on the internet.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What you see as an attempt to discredit a person is in reality someone who is merely impatient with inconsistency of thought. Period. So, whine if you must that someone is trying to "discredit" you, and maybe next you'll claim the Illuminati is after you. Or a demonic cult. Nothing would surprise me at this point. Next month perhaps you'll claim to be a different enneagram type; no doubt claiming to be an "expert" of sorts to back up that new type you'll be wearing on your t-shirt. Learning along the way is great, but blaming people for your own shitty research isn't, as in:

If you came to a piss-poor conclusion, blame yourself. Not what people say on the internet.
    Actually, no. If you actually had bothered to check the time stamps, you'd see that my supposed lack of consistency is in fact very consistent. I changed pretty rapidly from INTP to INFP and then to INTJ. I haven't changed type since then in over one and a half year. Similarly with the enneagram, I've only typed as one other type and that's 5 and I've typed as an 8 for over a year.

again, you are attacking my character and it's a blatant ad hominem. You can try to paint me however you want, but appeal to pathos isn't logical rhetoric based on facts. I wrote several things here making claims about what I know about the type but as is expected you rather continue trying to move the argument to undermining my character and my supposed credibility because I have actually been open with that I've mistyped in the past. It should be a much greater problem would i change type every month or not at all as either attitude shows inability of growth and awareness, representing behavior on two extremes on the spectrum.

And lol, I do think there is plenty to blame on the Internet because there is a limit of information that is passed by and people mistype because they don't think they fit the common narrative which creates a need for people to speak up against it in order to paint a much more colored picture instead of being monochrome. It's something an INTJ 2w1 friend I have agrees with, because he too mistyped for over a year because he didn't relate to the stereotype even though he, just like I did at some point, inintuitively knew what we were but we rationalized it away as being incorrect.

Speaking up and providing information is a good thing, because it actually prevents mistyping which you seem so adamant against.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

I changed pretty rapidly from INTP to INFP and then to INTJ. <snipped rant>
    INFP - there's an idea.

Btw, reading some decent enneagram books would get rid of the internet gossip problem in your head. "Betty hit her boyfriend, ergo, Betty is an 8" = internet gossip.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

INFP - there's an idea.
    Yeah go on lol. Come with some actual meat next time, instead of falling back on character slander. It doesn't really speak for your theoretical understanding, to say the least, which of course also questions how you can know whether I'm mistyped or not if you don't even grasp the theory to that degree.

Likes Cygnus liked this post

great thread. lots and lots of honorable 8 behavior. here's an idea....let's keep all the "defending" in the realm of what actually happened in reality. I can't think of anything more dishonorable than accusing people of shit you pulled out of the land of make believe (read: your ass)...and once corrected...unable to be a "man" and apologize for it.

I'm so sorry @violett that your thread, started in earnest, went in this direction.
    Likes Sanjuro liked this post

Yeah go on lol. Come with some actual meat next time, instead of falling back on character slander. It doesn't really speak for your theoretical understanding, to say the least, which of course also questions how you can know whether I'm mistyped or not if you don't even grasp the theory to that degree.

You and Mole would get along well.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

You and Mole would get along well.
    No idea who Mole is, but they sound like an awfully boring person. Call me biased, but moles don't seem to be very interesting creatures. Also, a word of advice: next time don't bite more than what you can chew and don't go spouting nonsense and make claims you can't back up. Ultimately, the only one you are undermining here is yourself. I know my type journey very well but I also know the theory so if you are going to contest my type, you will have to it over theory and you are going to lose and I know this because you didn't even try and that says more than anything else you could tell me. So again, don't bite off more than you can chew.

No idea who Mole is
    Your twin.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Your twin.
    Is that all you can come up with? Pick and choose one word to respond to? Boring.

Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

When I turn into type 8, I see faults on people and act on them usually with somebody else's arguments. Most NT's are Type eight one way or another. Both ENTP and ENTJ share the same ennegram for type 8 and the growth for five is to turn into eight.