• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] The Enneagram Prison Project

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought this was kind of fascinating. This program is designed to help people who are in prison to understand why they are there, pinpoint patterns of feeling and doing, using the Enneagram to help facilitate that process. Basically, they are using it to support self development and transformation in inmates.

Any thoughts on this?

There is a short video on this page.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks Highlander! I checked out most of the website and found it refreshing and encouraging.

KitchenFly

Wow that was interesting and very real, courage works. Susan has manifested a practical solution by providing a path, a facilitated process for those who are stuck with no real idea or over all understanding as to "why" and "how come" I do and tend to repeat this pattern.

Amazing, providing a group personal growth program for those who would like to brake free of a cycle that holds them back from there own sense of inner freedom and control.

I hope the program become so evidently successful that in the near future part of the cost of incarcerating and rehabilitating a prisoner involves an option for the inmate to partake in such a program as The Enneagram Prison Project. It could be a cost saving a money saving exercise for both the State and the Community.

Champion effort, well done Susan and I hope the program she has started flourishes and become a standard tool for rehabilitation and self help within and outside prisons in order to help these people live a free hole inner rich life.

I think I would like to, some time in the near future, sponsor a prisoner. I will have a read of the initiative on the web site.

Cheers highlander excellent post, four and a half: Stars * * * *. '

Ha ha...I rodded you,. half a Star....

LonestarCowgirl

Many of the folks in prison appear to be beyond repair. The evidence is in their lack of self-control over primitive impulses; cutting and biting on themselves and others like wild animals. I couldn't believe the gruesome things I saw on the TV program Lockup. No matter how good their intentions, many of the prisoners ended up back in prison within a few weeks of release. They couldn't function in a civilized manner in society like the rest of us. Even though I didn't see much effort going towards rehabilitation, there are some issues I don't believe can be rehabilitated without intervention from God almighty.

KitchenFly

$ 500. Skinny-Love how about we go halves and together we can help two people, with a greater disadvantage than we have combined. Free them selves from the pressure cooler punitive penal system.
Energy follows thought it may give us an experience of hole love even if it's only for a short time enough time [emoji12] to understand the foibles within our own being.

Five hundred dollars to help spencer a prisoner, I like the idea ,it appeals to the idealist within me that thinks if everyone lent. A helping hand we could together help to fix this problem.

LonestarCowgirl

$ 500. Skinny-Love how about we go halves and together we can help two people, with a greater disadvantage than we have combined. Free them selves from the pressure cooler punitive penal system.
Energy follows thought it may give us an experience of hole love even if it's only for a short time enough time [emoji12] to understand the foibles within our own being.

Five hundred dollars to help spencer a prisoner, I like the idea ,it appeals to the idealist within me that thinks if everyone lent. A helping hand we could together help to fix this problem.

If I decide to help, I will do it on my own.

This project seems to tug at your heartstrings more than I imagine it would for the average idealist. Do you have a personal connection?

[For anyone interested in contributing to the Enneagram Prison Project, click on the following link: Enneagram Prison Project - Transforming the Lives of the Currently and Formerly Incarcerated.]

KitchenFly

If I decide to help, I will do it on my own.

This project seems to tug at your heartstrings more than I imagine it would for the average idealist. Do you have a personal connection?

[For anyone interested in contributing to the Enneagram Prison Project, click on the following link: Enneagram Prison Project - Transforming the Lives of the Currently and Formerly Incarcerated.]

The project dose not tug on my hart strings I think it is an excellent project that is one of may solutions in helping people gain a sense of freedom from there criminal orientated fixations.

I decided to invite you to join team ideal after reading your avatar name and your first post on this topic. I must have been mistaken in thinking you may have needed a helping hand to make a proactive contribution to the EPP.

LonestarCowgirl

The project dose not tug on my hart strings I think it is an excellent project that is one of may solutions in helping people gain a sense of freedom from there criminal orientated fixations.

I decided to invite you to join team ideal after reading your avatar name and your first post on this topic. I must have been mistaken in thinking you may have needed a helping hand to make a proactive contribution to the EPP.
Oh, no! This environment is too sterile; you misunderstood me! After I was done typing, I was smiling warmly and through teary eyes, I reached out to squeeze your hand so we could have one of those nonverbal moments and I knocked over my laptop.

KitchenFly

An empathic response , words in texts do limit understandings of others.

I was thinking you were fearful and that you maybe fearful that the program EPP would not work in a way that ser potted the social security of law abiding citizens.

Anyway perhaps it was pore judgment on my behalf to have responded to your post as I have.

My apologies if I have unsettled you in anyway. You are correct it is an individual invitation, to consider ser porting the EPP project or not, I was partly over enthusiastic about the idea.

LonestarCowgirl

An empathic response , words in texts do limit understandings of others.

I was thinking you were fearful and that you maybe fearful that the program EPP would not work in a way that ser potted the social security of law abiding citizens.

Anyway perhaps it was pore judgment on my behalf to have responded to your post as I have.

My apologies if I have unsettled you in anyway. You are correct it is an individual invitation, to consider ser porting the EPP project or not, I was partly over enthusiastic about the idea.
No, I think you're fine and the program is fine. :heart: Believe it or not, I'm a pretty private person. I like to think these things through and over-analyze before I act. I do have a heart to help people.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Many of the folks in prison appear to be beyond repair. The evidence is in their lack of self-control over primitive impulses; cutting and biting on themselves and others like wild animals. I couldn't believe the gruesome things I saw on the TV program Lockup. No matter how good their intentions, many of the prisoners ended up back in prison within a few weeks of release. They couldn't function in a civilized manner in society like the rest of us. Even though I didn't see much effort going towards rehabilitation, there are some issues I don't believe can be rehabilitated without intervention from God almighty.

I'm going to guess that you've certainly never spent a minute in jail or that you've never actually talked to people who are in, or have been in prison for much time.

Lockup is NOT an accurate portrayal of prison... like all programs of its genre it's drama quotient is artificially boosted to gain and retain viewers :doh:

Most people are in prison because they've made some bad decisions, often because they didn't feel that they had many other choices available to them. Programs like substance abuse treatment, GED or associates degree programs, counseling for those with anger management and impulse control issues would be of great assistance. Probably the best way to prevent recidivism would be to make sure that someone had a job waiting for them when they got out and a good place to live within their income level... sadly, programs to prevent return are usually underfunded.

Though I think that the enneagram prison program isn't the most effective use of money for prison education at least it's a step in the right direction :shrug:

LonestarCowgirl

I'm going to guess that you've certainly never spent a minute in jail or that you've never actually talked to people who are in, or have been in prison for much time.
I haven't.

Lockup is NOT an accurate portrayal of prison... like all programs of its genre it's drama quotient is artificially boosted to gain and retain viewers :doh:

Most people are in prison because they've made some bad decisions, often because they didn't feel that they had many other choices available to them. Programs like substance abuse treatment, GED or associates degree programs, counseling for those with anger management and impulse control issues would be of great assistance. Probably the best way to prevent recidivism would be to make sure that someone had a job waiting for them when they got out and a good place to live within their income level... sadly, programs to prevent return are usually underfunded.

Though I think that the enneagram prison program isn't the most effective use of money for prison education at least it's a step in the right direction :shrug:

I was curious about that. Thanks for replying!

Katherine8

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
SX8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EPP

I thought this was kind of fascinating. This program is designed to help people who are in prison to understand why they are there, pinpoint patterns of feeling and doing, using the Enneagram to help facilitate that process. Basically, they are using it to support self development and transformation in inmates.

Any thoughts on this?

There is a short video on this page.

-------
Susan Olesek is doing amazing work. I first taught in the prison system 20 years ago. It was a deeply touching experience as they truly wanted to know and understand what their types they were and the resulting gifts and struggles would be. The class is optional and self-selecting so it is the cream of the crop. So only those that truly want to attend do so the experience is magical. It taught me that I wanted to teach the Enneagram everywhere I could.

I recently worked alongside Susan in the men's facility in Santa Clara County. She was tough and tender while gently guiding the attendees to make a decision with an open and loving heart. Just my style too. They were amazing men.

We are going back to work with the women. Once trust is established I am always struck by the depth of sincerity, openness and honesty. They talk about how they better understand their children and families and why they made the choices they did. It is heart work and very rewarding. So I can't say enough about EPP and will be a part of taking this work internationally.

It is a truly worthy cause that needs your help. Right now the prison systems do not offer transitional places to stay. When they get out and are released there is no support to help them recreate themselves, learn the latest trends and begin anew. Susan is working on making progress that will give these well intended souls jobs and a halfway house to find their footing...she has the panache to make this happen. I don't say much but when I do, I really mean what I say. Please help in anyway you can, how ever small and share with others that might be able to help or know those that can. It is a non-profit so all donations are tax deductible. There is a Facebook fan page to follow what is happening.... We would all be happy to share with you any questions you may have...

Ok, and I forgot to mention that we mentor those that are newly released with a a one on one coach of the same Enneagram Type. It is very rewarding work.

There is a short video on this page.[/QUOTE]

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dude nails it at ~1:48. The main revelation that comes from typology is that people actually do think and act in different ways. Door opens from there.

Glad to hear of the success story of this 7-man.