• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Everyone thinks they're w8.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Please, stop assuming you've got an 8 wing just because you have an independent streak.

I'm not too hot on this whole "my wing can be anywhere and not just next to me" idea, but when I see everyone claiming to be a w8 it really peeves me.

8s are statistically the type that suffers the most mistypes, please take a minute to think about it.

Could anyone link me to somewhere that this new "any wing" ideology is coming from?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Hey Hey HEY I am not a w8 . and how do you know these people claiming to be aren't w8? have you gone to their houses and spoke with them, personally?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Heh I haven't studied much about ennegrams, but I know I have balanced wings (6 & 8). Surely there are a lot of people out there with wing 8.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've thought to be 7w8, and it's because of no fad, no fashion or anything such. I don't give much credit to the enneagram theory, but it's been consistent enough lately for me to decide myself as 7w8 anyway. More consistent than say, MBTI - where I've tried to decide myself on the both ENxP. Anyways, yes I'd say my 7w8 is genuine and no result of a "fashion", movement or anything like that.

That means, as genuine as it gets. It's still subject to misinterpretation, something I find plentiful in the domain of enneagram.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Please, stop assuming you've got an 8 wing just because you have an independent streak.
Just out of interest what make you think most people "assume" they are w8 ?

---------------------

Falcarius does not know his Ennegram type as it comes back different each time: 7w6, 5w4, and 9w1 maybe. But no Falcarius is not an w8, that would be totally asinine.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hmm. The reason why I was considering w8 because it's crazy how many people complain about my aggressiveness/mood swings in real life.

Can I just be a 5w9 and leave it at that?

There. No 8s involved. Though I'd be up for a game of crazy eights, if you'd like...

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm not too hot on this whole "my wing can be anywhere and not just next to me" idea, but when I see everyone claiming to be a w8 it really peeves me.

8s are statistically the type that suffers the most mistypes, please take a minute to think about it.

Could anyone link me to somewhere that this new "any wing" ideology is coming from?

Well, you can take my opinion to vouche for the legitimacy of the wing from anywhere theory. I picked the Enneagarm to pieces and concluded that the ordering of the types was totally arbitrary, and as such, there was no practical basis for the wings always being adjacent.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm w5, like that seems to help me much...

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
who the fuck cares. i'm 3w4 btw not that it means anything.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If they're arbitrary, then why can't we just randomly pick any number as a wing we like?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If they're arbitrary, then why can't we just randomly pick any number as a wing we like?

Well... basically I think you should pick your second-highest score as your wing, no matter where it is.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well... basically I think you should pick your second-highest score as your wing, no matter where it is.

And then one will go on the same disintegration/integration path as the first number, but still have considerable traits of the second...

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ

If measured so, then I'm not probably 7w8. I know there's theory and there's theory. For example, I'm not allowed to state my type as TiFi, per MBTI, even if those were (as they are) my top 2 cognitive functions.

But, MBTI theory does not state that the top 2 cognitive functions, whenever measured from a person, would follow the traditional order. It just states that only certain top cognitive function combinations are included in and explained by the MBTI theory.

Similar situation exists in the enneagram theory. I might have greatly fluctuating wings, but I can't undo the theory on the basis of my findings.

Mind you, having 7 as a main and 8 as a next strongest adjacent type has been rather persistent for me. Choosing from any types, not only the adjacent, the type combinations I test as go crazy on me.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And then one will go on the same disintegration/integration path as the first number, but still have considerable traits of the second...

If we follow the path concepts, then the path should work as usual for your type and your wing, regardless of the numbers.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm 8 w 8! I'm so aggressive I bite holes in tires, scream at old people and send barracudas fleeing for their lives!! I poop ball bearings, quote reams of Kierkegaard at will, and snack on the souls of kittens! Gravity exists because I will it to happen!

mmwwuahhAHHAHAHA!!!!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
pooping ball bearing's doesn't sound so tough. quoting Kierkegaard is just plain cruel though.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
pooping ball bearing's doesn't sound so tough. quoting Kierkegaard is just plain cruel though.

Silence! You know not how supreme I am! SUPREME! I eat corrugated steel shavings with my bowl of crude oil every morning! I punch Chuck Norris in the kidneys and laugh! Upon waking I break the walls with my awesome biceps, and at night, my subconscious conjures impossibly complex fractals that even Stephen Hawking doesn't understand!