User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

Perhaps you made a typo or something, because this post makes absolutely no sense.

8s are individualists, so are 4s.

4s act more like 1s when they are at their best, and drive to make the world better which comes with 1ness can easily be mistaken for the drive to take the world by storm which is 8ness.

8s and 4s are the two most emotionally charged types.

There's probably even more similarities than this, it's easy to understand why a 4 would think they have an 8 wing when actually they're just healthy 4s.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    8s are individualists, so are 4s.

4s act more like 1s when they are at their best, and drive to make the world better which comes with 1ness can easily be mistaken for the drive to take the world by storm which is 8ness.

8s and 4s are the two most emotionally charged types.

There's probably even more similarities than this, it's easy to understand why a 4 would think they have an 8 wing when actually they're just healthy 4s.
    I is cun-fuse-ed... Is you be thinking that you is an eight, and that eights be special and all, and thens you be pissed because you ain't wanna share your specialness with anybodys?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I have an 8 wing... I also have a 1 wing... I'm special
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    TiSe

Murkrow, I think what Captain Chick is saying is that most people are aware that the wing has to be adjacent to the basic type in enneagram. Granted like you, I have seen others purport their being some wing that is not adjacent to the basic type, i.e., 5w8, 3w5, etc. Those people are oblivious to the basic principles of the enneagram. I think your lead-in post was misleading to readers that a large numbr of people were claiming to be wing 8s which is not the case. I see most people on the forum claiming wings 4,5,6 which coincides with the majority of types on this forum.

ThatGirl

Uhhh...I just took the enneagram test last night. I scored highest on 1 then second on 8 then I believe third on 5. I assumed that meant 1w8 but I guess not.

Don't really care though because enneagram is more of a mood not a way of life. I am incredibly idiosyncratic in the results of that test.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Uhhh...I just took the enneagram test last night. I scored highest on 1 then second on 8 then I believe third on 5. I assumed that meant 1w8 but I guess not.

Don't really care though because enneagram is more of a mood not a way of life. I am incredibly idiosyncratic in the results of that test.
    This is my point exactly. People like MBTI dichotomies (not Jung's cognitive functions) because it provides simplicity and no real need to dig deeper. It is rare that your test results will show high on either wing. As an E9 sp/so, w8 and w1 are some of my lowest scores. I think that wings are redundant anyhow since they only repeat your variant stacking. Similar to those who put emphasis on the non-essentials of dichotomies such as J/P in MBTI, determining wings in enneagram is no more worth while.

Eights are overrated.

MBTI
    intp

This thread could not be more transparent.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENTJ

Where is this test?
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^

MBTI
    ENTJ

Type 1 Type 2 Type 3 Type 4 Type 5 Type 6 Type 7 Type 8 Type 9
    2 -2 8 -8 4 2 0 5 -11

The Nine Personality Types of the Enneagram
    Type 1: The Reformer. The rational, idealistic type. (Rational yes, idealistic when it comes to some issues.)
    Type 2: The Helper. The caring, nurturing type. (Screw that. Get up, get out, seize your own opportunities.)
    Type 3: The Motivator. The adaptable, success-oriented type. (Success-oriented? Yes.)
    Type 4: The Artist. The intuitive, reserved type. (No.)
    Type 5: The Thinker. The perceptive, cerebral type. (What other way is there to solve problems?)
    Type 6: The Skeptic. The committed, security-oriented type. (Not really.)
    Type 7: The Generalist. The enthusiastic, productive type. (Thought I'd score higher here)
    Type 8: The Leader. The powerful, aggressive type. (Definitely)
    Type 9: The Peacemaker. The easygoing, accommodating type. (NO. Screw that. I am not to be pushed around.)
    I am an ENTJ. I hate political correctness but love smart people ^_^