User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy making decisions? (6)

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 50.00%
  • No

11 50.00%
123 Last

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Default Do you enjoy making decisions? (6

I hate making decisions. I endlessly analyze each option and never ever feel confident. I worry about the possible negative outcomes of each decision, and really would rather stay with what I know and not move forward. Moving forward is very scary. That said, there is a streak of curiosity in me, and I will move forward if I believe somebody has my back and will protect me, and I will do my best to protect them. This is probably a 6 issue. That said, I have a big series of decisions coming up, but that is for another thread.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes GarrotTheThief, Cellmold liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

Do I enjoy making decisions?

It depends on the decision.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes The Wailing Specter, asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I hate making decisions. I endlessly analyze each option and never ever feel confident. I worry about the possible negative outcomes of each decision, and really would rather stay with what I know and not move forward. Moving forward is very scary. That said, there is a streak of curiosity in me, and I will move forward if I believe somebody has my back and will protect me, and I will do my best to protect them. This is probably a 6 issue. That said, I have a big series of decisions coming up, but that is for another thread.
    Try not caring so much. Sounds silly, but if you can get into the mentality of 'it's all a game', then you will start feeling more comfortable 'taking shots' instead of whatever you're doing now . . .
    Formerly Lion4!5

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The only types of decisions I enjoy feel unconscious and automatic and are typically aesthetic in nature.

I tend to make decisions quickly at times when I want to just get it over with. There are a lot of times I should do more "due diligence" when deciding financial and pragmatic things, but I just can't stand it. My brain won't hold very many details, so i get overwhelmed more quickly than average on decisions that require comparing many varied, external details.

I do enjoy choosing which earrings to wear in the morning and which notes to play when improvising with someone else, but I don't deliberate much. It's safe to go with whatever feels right, so it's freeing. Choosing a phone plan, computer model, type of car, etc. is extremely unpleasant to me.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have no problem making decisions. They aren't always easy - they aren't suppose to be so I make the best, most informed ones I can.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

I enjoy it. I was raised to have integrity and take pride in all that I am and in all that I do; including the way I treat people. Fe may not be my strongest function, but I try! Consequently, I have a low tolerance for when others don't try and there's bad decision-making and disrespectful behavior involved that encroaches on my boundaries or the boundaries of others.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Try not caring so much. Sounds silly, but if you can get into the mentality of 'it's all a game', then you will start feeling more comfortable 'taking shots' instead of whatever you're doing now . . .
    Yes, it does sound silly. It sounds dangerous, too. What if I make a decision that makes it to where I am unable to afford food or shelter? It helps if I can consult others when decision making, but I also have to be on the lookout for those who conspire against me.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I enjoy it. I was raised to have integrity and take pride in all that I am and in all that I do; including the way I treat people. Fe may not be my strongest function, but I try! Consequently, I have a low tolerance for when others don't try and there's bad decision-making and disrespectful behavior involved that encroaches on my boundaries or the boundaries of others.
    I love you. I suppose that though I value what you just said, I have doubt in myself.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

There is no emotion involved in most of my decision making. For example: I just changed the channel on the TV. No joy or sadness whatsoever.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Yes, it does sound silly. It sounds dangerous, too. What if I make a decision that makes it to where I am unable to afford food or shelter? It helps if I can consult others when decision making, but I also have to be on the lookout for those who conspire against me.
    In a modern society, that outcome is impossible unless you are on hard drugs. Your last sentence sounds paranoid. Trust me, I'm not conspiring against you, I don't even know you.
    Formerly Lion4!5