User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ

Default MBTI, enneagram and self improvement

I just finished reading a short book about the ennegram. At the end of the book it gave general advice for self improvement as well as advice specific to each type. I was wondering if there is equivalent advice with Myers-Briggs.

I have read general information about how your life can be improved through knowing your own type. Generally this is about how important it is to know yourself and know your strenghts and weaknesses. But is there any advice based specifically on individual types? How specific types should strenghten their strong points and work on improving their week points? Have any books been written on it?

Ilah

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

From personal experience with the few I've read-

To a certain extent, Lenore Thomson's book Personality Type: An Owner's Manual offers some insight, albeit from a less practical and more cerebral/theoretical standpoint, on how to improve yourself. The central theory she uses is "Engage your secondary function" with short quips on what that actually means for each type.

She does most certainly go into detail on what happens when you are gripped by your tertiary/inferior functions, thus exposing the dynamics of your weaknesses.

A book that goes into much better detail on the inferior function however is this: Was That Really Me? by Naomi L. Quenk
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INFJ

The book "I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You" has a section devoted to developing the least function. I have found the suggestions and insights to be very apt.

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks, I will add these books to my list of books to get.

Ilah

MBTI
    TiSe

I tried responding yesterday, but still can't access personalitypage.com. It has a section on growth for each type that goes into great detail about how the dominant function can smother the auxiliary and lesser developed functions. Maybe it will be back up soon.