User Tag List

Thread: Enneagram 8

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Default Enneagram 8

I've recently figured out what E8 is supposed to be.
    The name "challenger" gives off a sort of dark vibe to me. Doesn't explain it right.
    An 8 is some one who wants to things to be correct/objective.

It's easy to think of an 8 as a big angry douche bag, but thats not what its about.

MBTI
    ISTP

This is gonna turn into a debate and everyone is gonna call me a 6. But REALLY, 6s get so so much shit on this page and the image of a 6 on here is terribly represented. It really bothers me. Understanding is definitely needed.

The problem stems from the titles on it. Their vice is "cowardice", they're the "loyalists". This evolves into people getting called all kinds of crap willynilly. E6 becomes a target for criticism and it gets made out to be WAY WAY worse than what it is and in most cases something that it totally is not (meaning some stuff I've seen on this sight). Keep reading.

Yes, E6 is someone who is very careful and by nature they are as conservative (careful) as they can possibly bear to be. Yes, 6s can be insecure in that their natural tendency is to assume the worse. To doubt. The entire premise is that 6s listen to their inner doubt more than anyother Etype (Hence "Cowardice" as the vice). In many cases 6s can throw negativity other peoples way when the other person means good, and yes, this is inner insecurity. Its instinctual self preservation on the part of the 6. They dont want to be hurt. They dont come after people, but they will burn you if you get to closer than they want you to be.

My problem is that people exaggerate how insecure 6s and end up over accusing 6s depending on how meek they seem. The entire enneagram gets given a bad name. Its really really annoying because the misrepresentation makes people not even want to admit that theyre 6 when really they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Tons of people have some 6 and its trademark for someone who is dedicated and hardworking. Maybe some 6s are really over the top, but a lot are really chill and just nice, responsible, hard working people. Most times on here misunderstanding evolves into everyone calling the 6 an insecure defective peice of crap. Its ridiculous.

Heres the essence of 6:
    Cautious
    Perceptive
    Distrusting
    Selective
    Loyal to those they decide to put trust in
    Defensive towards those who they don't

Is some of the defensiveness on the part of the displaced? I've already said it, but Abso-freaking-lutely. I've experienced with 6s numerous times. It is really annoying if you dont why their doing it. Trust me. I know. It just means they see you as a threat. Think of it as a compliment and leave them alone.

I just wanted to clear this up to people who got the wrong impression.

As far as Arendee goes. He doesnt fully understand 6s (also doesnt understand TJs at all). Honestly he doesnt understand a number of things, lol. BUT, there is a ton that he understands quite well and Ive learned a ton from that dude. His dedication to MBTI is over the top lol, but I got mad respect for the dude. He means well in most cases.
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeseBurgerKing View Post
    This is gonna turn into a debate and everyone is gonna call me a 6. But REALLY, 6s get so so much shit and even get misrepresented on the page. It really bothers me. I have to fill people in with a better representation.

The problem stems from the titles on it. Their vice is "cowardice", they're the "loyalists".
    E6 becomes a target for criticism and it gets made out to be WAY WAY worse than what it is and in most cases something that it totally is not (meaning some stuff I've seen on this sight). Just keep reading.

Yes, E6 is someone who is very careful and as conservative as they can possibly bear to be. Yes, 6s can be insecure in that the natural tendency is to assume the worse. The entire premise is that 6s listen to their inner doubt more than anyother Etype (Hence "Cowardice" as the vice). In my experience, it is definitely true that 6s can throw negativity other peoples way when the other person means good, and yes, this is inner insecurity that. Its just instinctual self preservation on the part of the 6. They dont come after people, but theyll burn you if you get to close.

My problem is that people exaggerate how insecure 6s and end up over accusing 6s depending on how meek they seem. Its really really annoying because the misrepresentation makes people not even want to admit that theyre 6 when really they have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Tons of people have some 6 in the whether they realize it or not. Maybe some 6s are really over the top, but a lot are really chill and just nice, responsible people. Most times on here misunderstanding evolves into everyone calling the 6 an insecure defective peice of crap. Its crazy.

Heres the essence of 6:
    Cautious
    Perceptive
    Distrusting
    Selective
    Loyal to those they decide to put trust in
    Defensive towards those who they don't

Is some of the defensiveness on the part of the displaced? I've already said it, but Abso-freaking-lutely. I've experienced with 6s numerous times. It is really annoying if you dont why their doing it. Trust me. I know. It just means they see you as a threat. Think of it as a compliment and leave them alone.

I just wanted to clear this up to people who got the wrong impression.
    Ok so what does all that have to do with E8's?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Ok so what does all that have to do with E8's?
    Damn that was in response to something Nilhilogen said. Mustve posted it in the wrong thread. Oops.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Damn that was in response to some Nilhilogen said. Mustve posted it in the wrong thread. Oops.
    Hahaha, ok.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTP

Actually, I think he might have deleted it. Cmon maynee. You didn't have to do that. I wasnt mad atcha. Haha.
    @ceecee

@Nihilogen

Actually, I think he might have deleted it. Cmon maynee. You didn't have to do that. I wasnt mad atcha I just needed to say it for anyone who reads. Haha.
    @ceecee
    I worded it poorly and it seemed off-topic. I just got back from a ban and I don't want to get nabbed for another derail.

My two bits were that E8s take a frustration with 6s for being too indolent for security, while 1s have frustration at 7s for hedonism. The trend I'd noticed was that Gut-types 1 and 8 had a focus on an ideal while Head-type 6 and 7 were focused on materialism.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    I worded it poorly and it seemed off-topic. I just got back from a ban and I don't want to get nabbed for another derail.

My two bits were that E8s take a frustration with 6s for being too indolent for security, while 1s have frustration at 7s for hedonism. The trend I'd noticed was that Gut-types 1 and 8 had a focus on an ideal while Head-type 6 and 7 were focused on materialism.
    Agreed. (About the gut ideal and head material thing)
    I'm really glad you brought it up though, the image of E6 needed to be cleared after some things that were being said about them. 7s are the most annoying type. Lol. Honestly. I have I little bit of 7 in me, haven't showed it on here though. Havent needed to.

MBTI
    ISTP

@Nihilogen

So whats heart center about? Self-Satisfaction, right?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Whether you are a fan of Arendee or not, he doesn't even know himself. It might be he doesn't understand 6s because that is indeed what he is and has never been able to come to grips with it. He posted a blog entry many years ago where he decided he was going to be an 8 because it was cool. He said he didn't care what anyone said and that an 8 was what he was. Last time I checked, you didn't get to decide what your type was.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp