User Tag List

Thread: 7w8 Hostility

Default 7w8 Hostility

Something I've noticed myself doing is that every interaction I ever have with anyone is some sort of power struggle, like I somehow need to outwit the other person with every word I ever say even though we're not competing. I get the impression that people could knife me in the side even when they're all friendly and smiling. Thing is, I don't outwardly come off as afraid at all. I look like a moron to them, an overconfident moron who doesn't give a shit what they say or do to me, but it gives me the creeps. It's like I'm always preparing and compensating for hostilities that never come without even realizing it and it ruins things for me.

Could this be a 7w8 problem or is it related to another type? Is it even Enneagram or could it be better explained by a different system?
    Last edited by Cygnus; 12-24-2014 at 04:11 PM.

MBTI
    INFJ

I know a 7w8 who is very attuned to the power struggle aspect of interactions. He's always going on about how people are after power and after hanging out with someone will analyse to me about what the person's motives were, how they used this or that technique to manipulate those around them.

So, yeah. Could be an enneagram thing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

I can understand this and identify with it somewhat, being introduced to another bloke my age I can easily view it as this, an almost mental sparring.
    With my closest friends we are always wrestling with words but it's never too serious.
    Despite being cynical of some people's actions however I don't have this attitude to most I meet, not a competition at least.
    I do have an almost arrogant manner that I am untouchable by people thus don't expect hostilities from anyone.

Maybe it's the 8 wing that seeks power and competition mixed with the 7 type that then seeks this from external sources rather than from within.
    I can't off the top of my head explain it with MBTI and haven't looked into socionics enough.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I know a 7w8 who is very attuned to the power struggle aspect of interactions. He's always going on about how people are after power and after hanging out with someone will analyse to me about what the person's motives were, how they used this or that technique to manipulate those around them.

So, yeah. Could be an enneagram thing.

I do this a lot, I perhaps read too much into people's actions, motives and feelings.
    However I also tend to be right as things develop.
    So it does seem a 7w8 thing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

I definitely dont care about this shit, so either im not really a 7w8(which i doubt) or its not an ennegram specific trait. Id relate it more to mbti

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Sounds more like an 8w7 thing to me.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Sounds more like an 8w7 thing to me.
    This. 7w8's seem to be more focused on not being pinned down by others and don't really "waste time" thinking about what other people are internally like. They want freedom, not power. Power is only important when it is a means to an end for them.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Hitoshi-San liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I only tend to be hostile when someone has said something that REALLY pissed me off. I'll admit, I'm kind of a smartass about it, trying to outwit them or prove that they're wrong if I can't settle with them having the last word.

My dad is an ENTP, probably an E7, and always has to have the last word, no matter how much of an irrational moron he's making himself sound like.

But I don't try to change people or trap them. I'm not good at manipulating people, so I don't do it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Something I've noticed myself doing is that every interaction I ever have with anyone is some sort of power struggle, like I somehow need to outwit the other person with every word I ever say even though we're not competing. I get the impression that people could knife me in the side even when they're all friendly and smiling. Thing is, I don't outwardly come off as afraid at all. I look like a moron to them, an overconfident moron who doesn't give a shit what they say or do to me, but it gives me the creeps. It's like I'm always preparing and compensating for hostilities that never come without even realizing it and it ruins things for me.

Could this be a 7w8 problem or is it related to another type? Is it even Enneagram or could it be better explained by a different system?
    If you are a sp 7 then that makes sense. The Sp 7's are generally the ExTP 7's who like to play head games and like to outwit people.

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post

That is completely and utterly a 7w8 thing. Anyone who doesnt think so is 100% wrong.