• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] How to distinguish between a 2w3 and a 3w2?

OPTIONAL BASED ON INFO: Do I seem 2w3 or 3w2?

• 2w3

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • 3w2

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've always been unable to fully grasp if I'm a 2w3 or a 3w2. What are some major differences between the two types? Here's some information, if necessary.

Why I Think I'm a 2w3/Why I Don't Think I'm a 3w2:
--I love being able to nurture and care for people; I have a natural maternal instinct.
--I love being told I'm sweet, kind, warm, etc.
--I'm very much a procrastinator and I hold things off until the last minute.
--I value my relationships very highly.
--I HATE doing things that I don't enjoy, such as schoolwork in subjects I'm not interested in. I'm very unmotivated in that regard.
--I'm not great at finishing things that I don't HAVE to finish. If I start writing a story, for instance, I'm bored by it after awhile. (This could be a result of 7 being the second type in my tritype.)

Why I Think I'm a 3w2/Why I Don't Think I'm a 2w3:
--The thing I find myself thinking about most is if I'm "enough": pretty enough, talented enough, etc. I compare myself a lot.
--I'm definitely most comfortable in positions where I'm in the spotlight or in control. I love appearing on top of things even if I'm not.
--I expect a lot out of myself. Even though I'm a procrastinator, I have very high standards for certain things.
--When people are dependent on me or smother me, I start to DETEST it. I hate being smothered and I value my independence.
--I value my alone time to introspect a lot, preferring to withdraw every now and then.

Any help? Thanks!

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Can't really tell from all just this, of course... but yeah, 2 looks good.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can't really tell from all just this, of course... but yeah, 2 looks good.

Thanks for your input! I'm probably leaning towards 2w3 at this point. It's so hard because every test tells me something different (one test said I was a 1 which really confused me!)

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Thanks for your input! I'm probably leaning towards 2w3 at this point. It's so hard because every test tells me something different (one test said I was a 1 which really confused me!)

No problem :)

Tests are fun/interesting/thought-prokoking/...strange. So I wouldn't put a lot of weight into a test. If you do put in some amount of attention to it, then it should be balanced with other sources of information (your perspectives, other's opinions and stuff ...and sometimes it is best not to ask others or even yourself "what enneagram type am I?!?!?" because that might get confusing).