User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many 4's do you know IRL? Count only those you are pretty sure (90%) are 4's.

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • One or less.

13 37.14%
  • Three or less.

15 42.86%
  • Five or less.

7 20.00%
  • Ten or less.

0 0%
  • Ten or more.

0 0%
123 Last

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Default How many 4's do you know in real life?

I have wondered about this from time to time, about many types (perhaps I'll have to follow up this poll for every other type too). I started keeping a spreadsheet of the types of all the people I know about two years ago, and I wonder if the results here will agree somewhat with my numbers?

Make sure you are fairly sure the person in question is a 4, leave people you are unsure about out of the tally.

Thanks!
    -------------
    Update: I just realized the poll options are a little confusing, I meant them to read:
    1 or less
    2-3
    4-5
    5-10
    10+
    @highlander, could you edit that in the poll (or let me know how I can)?
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

One intimately, one a distant acquaintance. I'm 100% sure on both of them. (Should I answer one or three on your poll?)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I know 4, as in they're people I'd feel comfortable calling up and having coffee with. My good INFP friend is one, I met an ENFP 4 so through a typology site out here and she 'collects' artistic types, so I've had contact with many 4's through her, but only really call one other of them somebody I 'know'. I hung out with an INFP meetup group and know another 4 through that.

I've tried making friends with two other ENFP 4's, but both of them ended up just completely disappearing off the face of the earth.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

@brainheart Ah, I'm always so glad to see you back. Two would fall into the "less than three" option (I'll edit the options so that's less confusing). Thanks for chiming in, I hope your artwork is going well (I've procrastinated mine like all heck)!

Thanks @Qlip! Yeah, I suppose knowing someone like your collector of creatives would increase the amount of 4's you know. I have had to be extra careful in creative circles about typing though, people I once thought might be 4's (after knowing them better and introducing them to Enneagram) turned out to be 4-fixed 6's or 9's. I suppose typing is that delicate regardless of the type in question.

Thanks for your input!
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨
    Likes brainheart, Qlip, Kullervo liked this post

With 90% confidence? One, maybe, but not even him, really, at least I am not that sure.
    Likes small.wonder liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I know many more 4s online than in person, and I suppose that's a testament to most being quite withdrawn. IRL, there is one person besides myself that I'd confidently type as a 4. Maybe 3 people if I count my aunt & childhood best friend, but I cannot confidently type them. Some people from a distance can seem 4, but I cannot say for sure as I don't really know them. Still not sure if my ex INFJ is 3 or 4.

I know a few INFPs where it's hard to say if they are 4 or 9, but I lean towards 9 if there is doubt, because I think 9s could be mistaken for 4s but it's less likely a 4 would be mistaken for a 9 (mainly because I think 9s can have a melancholy air more than people think, but 4s are unlikely to exude the "humble servant" air).

I wouldn't say I know more than 5, but probably know more than 1, so I went with the 2-3 option.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Only two others besides myself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

when I think about it... actually only one. a friend of mine who self-typed as 4w3 after reading my enneagram book. probs sp/so if I had to guess. but I can't think of anyone else that i know well enough to type as 4. we are such rare special snowflakes.

i think most of my friends/acquaintances are 6s, 7s and 9s.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

@OrangeAppled Yes, I think many 9's tend to see themselves quite a bit in the 4 description before settling on their correct type. I know several who have said as much, and an old 9w8 roommate who swore she was a 4 until I moved in with her (haha). I think your tendency to assume 9 for other INFP's makes sense, as I think (from reading and my own research) that 9 is much more common, at least in the western world.

@chickpea I have a lot of 7 and 9 in my life as well, but the front runners on my spreadsheet are 3 and 2 followed by 6 (in that order).

I find it fascinating and hilarious that only 4's have commented on this so far. I'm curious how well other types think they can spot a 4 IRL. @cafe @EJCC @five sounds @Fluffywolf @Halla74 @Honor @highlander @JAVO @Jennifer @johnnyyukon @Kasper @kyuuei @Lady_X @Lexicon @Mal12345 @PeaceBaby @skylights @Starry @Tem @wolfy @Urarienev

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Seventy-nine hundred thousand

I think it's just the trait I notice most in others, really.