User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many 4's do you know IRL? Count only those you are pretty sure (90%) are 4's.

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • One or less.

13 37.14%
  • Three or less.

15 42.86%
  • Five or less.

7 20.00%
  • Ten or less.

0 0%
  • Ten or more.

0 0%
First 12345 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    this is making me wonder if people who know me irl would even type me as a 4 if they knew about enneagram. hmmmm.
    Exactly. I don't know if others would for me either. I don't think 4s look like how people think they look. Hell, I'm not even sure what 4s look like and I am one! I might have encountered a few in my life but couldn't say with any certainty that they were. I wouldn't know how to tell unless I knew their habits well. Of the people I have known well enough (or had a distinct enough personality) to type, I would say one or two were 4s - one of my favourite lecturers I had at Uni was a 4w3 and a friend I met overseas may be a 4w5.

To be fair, in my country 4-like behaviour is in many ways in direct opposition to the national culture, so other 4s might be withholding/disguising those traits. I know I kinda do. The two people I listed above are both foreigners (American and English), so that might tell you something.

EDIT: Make that 3. Just remembered another (American) friend of mine who would have to be a 4w3. Again with the foreigners.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Two for sure. One is my INFP roommate, the other is an ISFP I have known for almost 10 years.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

There are two that I am pretty sure of IRL. One INFP and one INFJ. Both are quite different.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

The only one I know in real life is this girl at my school who is POTENTIALLY a 4w5 sp/sx. IxFP for sure. You can see why we'd get along fine. Before all this I don't think I ever knew any 4s. All of them were 6s, 7s and one of them 9w8. Maybe on a daily basis I see a bunch of 4s, I think they're harder to detect than you'd think. Due to the stereotypes and all, and most people not really knowing what a healthy 4 looks like. Apparently healthy E4 teenagers exist.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Less than five? Most I knew from the forum first, one might be a 9 (94x instead of 49x).
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

none? I don't even know any NFPs, at least I've never recognized one, I know some ENFJs though.... 4s are rare, I know a lot of 7s and 6s, some 3s and 2s and maybe one or two 5s.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    this is making me wonder if people who know me irl would even type me as a 4 if they knew about enneagram. hmmmm.
    I think most people would type me as a 5w4, 549 tritype.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I don't think 4s look like how people think they look.
    I agree. I think David Fauvre is a perfect example of this. I've seen people say there's no way he's a sexual 468 but I see no reason why not. Sexual fours, especially if they are INFP 4w5s, are not as externally crazy/flamboyant as people (non fours especially) make them out to be.

And the two fours that I know for sure are fours is because I know extremely personal things about them/ how their minds work, and because one of them knows all about personality theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    Apparently healthy E4 teenagers exist.
    I'd say I was at my healthiest as a teenager.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't "look" like a 4 either (not even to myself...it took me quite some time to figure it out!). From the outside, I probably give out 5, 7, and 8 vibes.

I think that 4s have a way of being that fits but kinda sidesteps descriptions and if you're looking to see if your 4 matches, you might come up with a miss.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Yeah, good points about the way 4's look (or don't look) all around. I'm not sure I really take appearance into consideration specifically, though I do see similarities between myself and the 4's I know-- not traits really, but expressions, attention to aesthetics, and the way we communicate with others and talk. I think determining the type of a person is pretty simple by process of elimination if you interact with or observe that person enough, but confirmation of that can certainly only be had via the individual.

Most people have pegged me as 5, 4, 1 or 8.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Just one right now (my 4w5 mom), but I think I've known at least two more in the past.