• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] my enneagram: 6w5, 1w2, 3w4

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
this is my engram. Just writing it down so I don't forget. It's based on this quiz Your Quiz Results!. Obviously it's not written in stone but that's what I got answering the questions without thinking twice about it.
my enneagram: 6w5, 1w2, 3w4

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
i think someone here once typed me as a six. good job. for some reason, php reason, the quiz results don't show up accurately in the link.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could see you as a 6w7 but this is not a very good quiz. It told me my head fix was 7w8, which is just not true. It got my core type correct, at least, but wrong wing. But if you think it fits, then go for it.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I could see you as a 6w7 but this is not a very good quiz. It told me my head fix was 7w8, which is just not true. It got my core type correct, at least, but wrong wing. But if you think it fits, then go for it.

hey thank you. I'm going to look further in to it [MENTION=23222]Arcana[/MENTION]. It didn't totally fit to be honest.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think someone here once typed me as a six. good job. for some reason, php reason, the quiz results don't show up accurately in the link.

That would have been [MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION].

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That would have been [MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION].

If I recall correctly it was [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] who said that. I only said that I thought he was a head type.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
thanks for letting me know. Nice guess [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] but i still might not be a 6 although I am quite loyal.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thanks for letting me know. Nice guess [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] but i still might not be a 6 although I am quite loyal.

Enneagram is more about underlying neuroses than character traits like "loyal," "artistic," or "gregarious." 6s are highly conscious of security and danger and mentally map out threats and possible threats in the landscape pretty much compulsively and react to them, sometimes whether they exist or not. Some people hide out in groups and communities, others (counterphobic 6s) go on the offensive as a form of defense and confront threats aggressively.

Loyalty certainly is often associated with 6s but people can be loyal and not be 6s.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Totally stolen from Personality Cafe (because they deserve it):

136 – The Taskmaster Archetype

136/361/613

The 136/361/613 is an incredibly discerning, focused and responsible type. She said they will be the most inclined to want to live up to a successful image by societal standards and to focus on duty in order to feel valuable. She called it the "true taskmaster" that is inclined to create structure and rules that others in society can follow and to implement them. She said the blindspot is that one can be so overly focused on the rules that they can lose touch with their own values and feelings in deference to what is acceptable or societally defined. This is the type at risk of becoming robotic (along with the 135/351/513). However the 135/351/513 is less relational than the 136/361/613.

I was asked the differences between the 361, the 368 and the 369 tritypes. Since the question is which gut type is dominant. At a glance, it is most helpful to look at activity levels. The 361 is very industrious and busy doing to avoid anxiety, the 1 brings a need to do what is morally correct. The 368 is focused on fighting for justice, the 8 brings a need to overcome and prevail. The 369 is highly adaptable and focused on being in comfortable alignment with others.

I am not 100% sure at this time but for now I am thinking 613 with 6 being very much in charge.
I am a goal-oriented person who doesn't like being controlled by others..I am a friendly person. Sometimes, I come across as too mild/passive..I see it when people think they can control me. They are often surprised when they see I don't let myself get pushed so easily. Being a phobic Six makes it hard for me to truly stand up to someone though often and I end up relying on an "avoidance strategy".
I focus mostly on competence/technical knowledge to get ahead in life so I don't go out of my way to manipulate/mobilize others.

136 tritype; elegant, stoic and resolute with a loyal professional veneer.

(3)-6-1 - The Compliant 3
3-(6)-1 - The Competent 6
3-6-(1) - The Normative 1

Very self critical. Strong ideas about how they should act and have man guidelines that they must follow and cannot deter from.

1-3-6 : this One is usually very hard-working and well-organized. Dutiful and diligent, they also keep an eye on their own interests and like to receive prizes and praise and boost their reputation among their peers. They prefer a leading role and can be excellent managers and leaders: they can get things done as they’re efficient, more pragmatic and also more cautious and calculated. They can sometimes suffer from a bit of paranoia, and worry about their status, finances or health.
usual subtypes: social, 1w9
similar tritypes: 3-1-6, 1-6-3
flavours: hard-working, pragmatic, efficient and cautious

1-6-3 : conscientious, responsible, cautious and efficient, these Ones are very practical and productive. They’re down-to-earth, realistic and typically good managers of people and resources. They’re also quite good at predicting and avoiding possible pit-falls and are talented trouble-shooters: they’re preventive and like to play it safe. Want their hard-work and thoroughness praised and (financially) rewarded, and sometimes they might act arrogantly and engage in self-praising when they feel unappreciated.
usual subtypes: social, self-preserving, 1w2
similar tritypes: 1-3-6, 6-1-3
flavours: efficient, practical, cautious and hard-working

136 Compliance meets Harmony and meets Competence.

The 136 is focused on the rules.... it is an important point but they really, really task and are always busy.

631--A 6 with a strong superego. Lots of issues regarding personal competency. At lower health, the most likely of the 6s to respond negatively and reactively to pressure from others, since there is already a nearly unbearable pressure from within.
--The first impression I get from this tritype is a strong image orientation. There's a constant need to impress others and to have a positive place in the social sphere. I see a need for perfection in all things, partly out of ego and partly out of duty. There's strong loyalty to causes, but more so community ones and not personal ones. But this is a very hands-on tritype who will work to achieve what (s)he wants to achieve. I see less manipulation here than the 3 might otherwise indicate, and more focus and drive.
--That doesn't ring true for me ( I have this tritype ). Duty to those worthy of it, yes, but I don't find "societal standards" to be high standards at all, or worth emulating in the slightest. I find that most of "society" sorely disappoints, the lowest common denominator rules. I also have a deep distrust for the public in general.

So, the 136, 137 and 126 would most focus on preparing, being busy and responsible. The 1 and 6 feel they must be responsible, the 3s must do, achieve, and perform, the 4s must accomplish, the 8s must executing and so on.

I have found the 136 needs to be busy to avoid feelings of anxiety …136s can enjoy needle point, baking, cleaning, organizing and/or reading to keep the anxiety at bay.

[by timeless:] 6-1-3. That means they have the core desires of a 6, they interact with the world like a 1 and they like to be seen like a 3 would like to be seen. Breaking that down:
Type 6 is security-oriented, and can alternate between serious doubt and serious loyalty. They tend to be pretty rule-focused right off the bat (as they are a superego type) but then add 1 onto the mix and, like that tri-type description gives you, they can get fixated on constructing appropriate rules. Type 1 is usually critical of themselves and others, which is the component that enables a Type 6 to channel their desire for a workable rule set into the desire to create a workable rule set. Type 3, the image type in this triad, likes to be seen as successful and effective. You can see how adding 6, 1 and 3 together would create a personality type that's dedicated toward seeking out the best rule set.

613 The Taskmaster. Discerning and focused 6. This is the most industrious 6. Eager beavers and highly responsible, they are always busy and can be mistaken for 3s. Fear is managed by achieving. They tend to feel the burden of obligation. They focus on duty and family.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, being wrong, bad, evil, angry, inappropriate, corruptible, condemned, failure, being incapable, or unable to do, inefficient, immutable, and inconsequential.​

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram is more about underlying neuroses than character traits like "loyal," "artistic," or "gregarious." 6s are highly conscious of security and danger and mentally map out threats and possible threats in the landscape pretty much compulsively and react to them, sometimes whether they exist or not. Some people hide out in groups and communities, others (counterphobic 6s) go on the offensive as a form of defense and confront threats aggressively.

Loyalty certainly is often associated with 6s but people can be loyal and not be 6s.

Point of principle: The Enneagram is not primarily a personality typing system. It's not another MBTI.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
[MENTION=23222]Arcana[/MENTION]

thank you...that makes sense. I haven't had much time to read up on enneagram. At first it repulsed me but it's been growing on me. Soon I will though. I've read a ton on mbti..still doesn't make me a pro. Your response got me thinking deeper.

[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]
thanks. I was thinking of the enneagram as another mini cube on the rubrics cube of personality but unconsciously made them the same so thanks for putting that in to perspective.

I might still be a 613 after-all...however I have to take some more quizzes and do some more research. I do feel inadequate sometimes when I procrastinate and my work output isn't heavy and it can ruin my mood for days. That being said, I'm not exactly the J.R.R. Tolkien of working and my work ethic definitely isn't "The Lord of the Rings," of work ethics.

I appreciate your responses as I piece this together.

I may start reading about other members types to get a clearer picture. I'll start with 5w4 ;)

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I agree with that quiz' results for me too but I can see why people might think its limited.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't trust this quiz. It consistently tells me I'm a 4w3, 6w5, 1w9. It's pretty close on the head and gut, but I am most definitely NOT a 4.