• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Against the Enneagram of Personality

Sophia Perennis

Against the Enneagram of Personality

It is with a great deal of reluctance that I am further expanding upon the implicit deceptions and innate inconsistencies of the Enneagram of personality with Traditional; that is to say, Perennial, wisdom. It is not a reluctance born out of a covetous nature, nor out of spite. In truth, my reluctance stems from my doubt that any of you will even understand the magnitude and importance of what it is that I am revealing; as the vast majority of you would rather stroke your fragile egos, regurgitate meaningless tripe, and sycophantically masturbate one another to the idiotic dribble inherent to the Enneagram of personality and Modernist, New Age self-help, spiritualism. Nevertheless, the possibility that even just one individual might awaken to the truth of our reality and begin to understand the monstrous deceptions pervading our modern era; thereby freeing him or herself from the bondage of Modernist thought and spiritualism, obliges me to continue.

Georges Ivanovich Gurdjieff:
JaXwbXM.png

Gurdjieff's Enneagram

I can think of no better place to start than with the man credited with the creation, or revelation if you're so inclined, of the Enneagram symbol itself. Despite the lack of any authoritative information regarding the Enneagram as it was unveiled by Gurdjieff, there are two essential characteristics of the Enneagram that are indisputable. Firstly, the Enneagram is a product of gross syncretism, and secondly, the Enneagram is intended to be used as a “tool”, through which man may know and understand everything, namely himself.

To the average man, neither of these points would be of any particular importance. “So what?” he might ask in regards to the syncretic nature of the Enneagram. “There's no harm in merging belief systems.” How wrong the average man would be. In actuality, there are few things worse than blatant and concerted syncretism. Picking bits and parts from one religion, mixing them with bits and parts of another religion while adding in one's own subjective interpretations to the hodgepodge never results in anything more than a fiendish, frankenstein-esque ideology. Whatever ties, if there were any to begin with, to an authentic tradition or initiation, and thereby to God, are severed through the process of syncretism. What becomes of the pieces in the newly found ideology or religion is nothing more than a bastardization and violation of perennial wisdom with new, subjective, interpretations applied to them, thereby rendering even the smallest remaining vestiges of traditional knowledge inert.

Gurdjieff's syncretism began by taking the hexagram, or the Star of David otherwise known as the Seal of Solomon, as his inspiration. Gurdjieff's inspiration from what was essentially two equilateral triangles pointing in opposite directions, reflective of opposition or duality in nature, or more famously as the maxim: As above, so below; lead him to believe the notion that the two supreme laws that govern man should for some reason be conjoined into a single symbol. The first of the supreme laws is the Tria Prima, or the Three Principles, reiterated by Gurdjieff as the law of Triamazikamno. This law represented the three vital forces of life: the Father, The Mother and the Child; Beginning, Middle and End; Creation, Preservation, Destruction; Active, Reactive, Inactive; Sulphur, Mercury and Salt. This law he signified with the upright equilateral triangle in his symbol, labeling its points 3,6 and 9 at the top. The second supreme law Gurdjieff wanted reflected in his symbol was the law of Heptaparaparshinok; the law of 7 or the unfolding process of creation, that is to say: evolution. This law can be equated to the seven stages of Alchemy: Calcination, Sublimation, Solution, Putrefaction, Distillation, and Coagulation. It can likewise be attributed to the progression of the planets and chakras. To represent this supreme law he derived a unicursal hexad figure which was to progress from 1 to 4 to 2 to 8 to 5 to 7 returning back to 1. In syncretic fashion he determined with this symbol that man could understand everything and therefore saw it necessary to syncretize sound, or the Octaves, to his symbol as well. One would progress through the scale and upon reaching the apex of the equilateral triangle would arrive at next octave.

ONE.jpg

Gurdjieff's Enneagram corresponding to the Major Scale

Gurdjieff, his syncretic symbol, and his explanations of that symbol are utterly absurd. I still laugh at the names he used for the supreme laws; how anyone is supposed to pronounce them is beyond me. In any event, as much as I wish this were the end of the horror story that is the Enneagram of Personality, it is in fact just the beginning.

Oscar Ichazo
:

The father of the Enneagram of personality, Oscar Ichazo is perhaps the culprit most responsible for the bastardization and violation of perennial wisdom. While the idiotic syncretism of Gurdjieff was anti-traditional in its own right, it pales in comparison to the efforts of Ichazo. Gurdjieff viewed his Enneagram as a way for man to understand himself and nature, Ichazo took that perspective to the absurd. Whether it were syncretizing the seven classical vices and virtues, bastardizing the fundamentals of Astrology and syncretizing the stereotypes of Astrological archetypes to fit the Enneagram of personality, or simply syncretizing the products of his own fancy; Ichazo distorted, perverted, and profaned perennial wisdom to such a degree that I'd classify him just a few degrees below those of Thelema, Theosophy, the O.T.O, and the Golden Dawn; a rather impressive feat in my opinion. All kidding aside, the vast majority of information found in the Enneagram of personality is indeed derived from the foundation of Modern Jungian Astrology. Some Zodiac signs were removed, others altered, others yet expanded upon to the point of absurdity, but all were syncretistically accommodated so that the Enneagram of personality could be achieved. What wasn't directly derived from Astrology was of course derived from classical knowledge and traditional thought.

It is for this reason that I find it hilarious that Ichazo would have the audacity to even pretend to be the progenitor of the information found within the Enneagram of personality; it is ever so clear that he simply stole, rehashed, and re-branded perennial knowledge as his own and he is nothing more than a simple charlatan. Still, he is heralded by Enneagramites as their lord and savior. I suppose that is to be expected when one is preying upon impressionable and innocent souls simply in search of answers and in their ignorance believe that they've found them. I can only imagine the difficulty it must be for the victims to want to find information that may contradict their great mentor; thus the predator gets to partake in the delight of being worshiped as a god with monetary gain to boot. As if that weren't enough, he also has loyal disciples which preserve and further syncretize the doctrines he set forth with their own asinine beliefs; and it is from this ring of loyal disciples that we find the ignoramus known as Claudio Naranjo.

Claudio Naranjo:

A rather unintelligent individual by my estimation, he seems to have formed a schism in the Enneagram of personality community as a result of his work. Some individuals live by his dogmas as if it were they words of God himself, others find his material lacking, contradictory, or simply untrue. In any event, what Naranjo brought to the Enneagram of personality was the permanence of psychoanalytical tripe of modern Psychology, the idiot offspring of Carl Jung and his moronic colleague Sigmund Freud. With the foundation of the Virtues, Vices, and other miscellaneous details of the individual Enneagram types laid by Ichazo, Naranjo could extrapolate and concertize the Jungian psychoanalytical motivation and rationale of the individual Enneatypes. His greatest success was convincing the Enneagramites that the ego, the lower-self, was something divine and worthy of embrace.

Don Riso, Russ Hudson, the Fauvres et al.

The final step in the cascading degradation of perennial wisdom is found in the company of the contemporary Enneagram of personality cult leaders. Ranging from Jesuits to New Age gurus, they take what few remaining kernels of traditionalist thought remain and eviscerates it with the convoluted hogwash of integration theory, disintegration theory, tri-type theory, wing theory, sub-type theory, MBTI theory, anything that sounds new and revealing is their aim; with the greatest emphasis being on selling their books, giving lectures, workshops, doing interviews and stroking the egos of their beloved victims. None of their claims, not a single one, has any shred of validity or truth to it. It is all mental masturbation for the idiot masses.

The Enneagramites:

Largely a group of suckers and fools, most of which care for nothing more than to further embellish their hedonistic egotistical drives with mental masturbation. They discuss and regurgitate the information passed on to them from the Enneagram cult leaders. There are, however, a few who truly desire self-knowledge and have fallen the unfortunate victims of Modernist spiritualism and New Age deceptions.

The former I estimate to compose the exceeding majority of the Enneagramites. These are the individuals that are in need of mental masturbation and their egos stroked on a weekly, daily, and for some, hourly basis. They tend to form cliques and compete with one another, they push their own syncretized extrapolations and beliefs, regurgitate idiotic tripe from the lower rung of the Enneagram of Personality hierarchy, get in petty squabbles with one another, etc. These individuals are the narcissists of the modern world, the children of idiocy and anti-traditionalist thought.

The latter are the individuals who rarely comment, rarely interact with the former, and prefer to study the source material of the belief system rather than ask the know-nothing masses. These are the individuals who can sense there is something legitimate at the core of the Enneagram, something timeless; and they recognize and desire the need to understand oneself. These individuals are capable of understanding the deep metaphysical truths to be found in nature but they lack the proper guidance to discover them. These are the individuals that are of a traditionalist nature and they are all, at some level, opposed to the Modernist way of life, ideology, and the idiot masses.

The errors and misgivings of the Enneagram of Personality:

1 – The original symbol was syncretized and had arbitrary and absurd reasoning for its creation.
2 – Ichazo syncretized Modern Astrology with Gurdjieff's Enneagram.
3 – Ichazo's syncretized symbol is anti-initiatory.
4 – Ichazo's Enneagram of Personality promotes and solidifies the ego.
5 – Ichazo's Enneagram of Personality has no ties to any authentic tradition.
6 – Ichazo's Enneagram of Personality does not represent reality nor accommodate traditional wisdom.
7 – Ichazo's Enneagram of Personality lacks the symmetry and beauty found in perennial symbolism.
8 – The Enneagram of Personality is irredeemably incompatible with its source; Astrology.
9 – New Age and Modernist propaganda is prevalent in Enneagram literature and think tanks.
10 – The Enneagram of Personality has no ties to any authentic initiatory traditions.

The Solution:

With a decent understanding of the origins of the Enneagram of personality and its flaws, it becomes reasonable to ask: “If the Enneagram of personality is false, what is true?” In a word: Astrology.

This Astrology, however, is not the Astrology of the modern world, which in reality shares close to nothing in relation to authentic Astrology; but is instead the Astrology of antiquity and Tradition.

As a word of caution, what I am presenting is founded upon the principles of Traditionalist thought and practice, but is a rectification of my own understanding of Astrology as it is my belief that Astrology did not survive into the modern era unscathed, as some more prominent Traditionalists believe.

A Synopsis of Traditional Astrology:

The Zodiac consists of 12 signs. Each sign is unique and is a combination of an Element and a Principle. There are 4 elements: Fire, Air, Earth, Water. There are 3 principles: Sulphur, Mercury, Salt.

The houses, while of utmost importance, are too complex to explain in entirety for the purposes of this article. Therefore, I will simply ascribe a gross and undelineated view of the houses. John Frawley's The Real Astrology is an excellent primer on Traditional Astrology.

First house – The self, the individual, the native
Second house – Possessions and material goods
Third house – Others and communication.
Fourth house – Property, land, the Father
Fifth house – Pleasure, recreation, offspring
Sixth house – Service, unpleasantness
Seventh house – The significant other (not necessarily a lover)
Eighth house – Death
Ninth house – God, religions, visions, knowledge
Tenth house – House of the mother, the king, and career
Eleventh house – Friends, wishes
Twelfth house - Personal foes, strife, self-undoing

The seven planets:

The planets rotate within the Sphere of the Zodiac, altering and imbuing their innate qualities with those of the sign they occupy, resulting in change and individuation.
The three major signs are: the Ascendant, the Sun, and the Moon.

The Ascendant sign is the Zodiac sign that was rising on the Eastern horizon at the time of birth. This sign changes every ~2 hours a day. This is your Enneagram type, your ego; your facade.
(In the event one does not have access to their birth certificate or otherwise does not know their exact time of birth, the Ascendant sign can be deduced from your Enneagram type.)

The Sun sign is the Zodiac sign in which the Sun was currently located at the time of birth. It signifies your purpose and your individuality. It is the higher self.

The Moon sign is the Zodiac sign the Moon was currently located in at the time of birth. It represents your emotional qualities and intuition.

Mercury represents your mentality, how you intellectualize things, how you communicate.

Venus represents how you desire things; love, pleasure, material goods, etc.

Mars represents your assertiveness, your physical energy, and your ability to initiate things.

Jupiter represents high mindedness, ethics, adventure, and fortune.

Saturn Represents rigidity, duty, restriction, justice, law, and responsibility.

It is through the positioning of the Planets against the Sphere of the Zodiac that determines your individuality; these principles coalesce at one's birth and through this amalgamation of the Elements and Principles that every individual's spirit is formed.

Clearly, man is far more complex than any of the Enneagram of Personality cultists would have you believe.

3RtmkHn.png

This Zodiac chart conflicts with Modern Astrological charts, do your due diligence and come to your own conclusions

Correlation of The Zodiac with the Dodecagram:
d0VddpH.png

Presented for the sake of a familiar groundwork

As far as the stereotypes of Astrological archetypes in comparison to those of Enneagram archetypes, I find the Astrological archetypes to be of greater value. Enneagram 8 is a syncretization of Sagittarius and Aries, whereas Enneagram 9 is a syncretization of Gemini, Cancer, and Sagittarius. Enneagram 6 as it remains in the Enneagram of personality is a conundrum to say the least, and Libra is a far more accurate archetype than the alternatives offered by Enneagramites.

Why Astrology Works:

For some, like myself, the most interesting question is: “why?” Why does Astrology work? Why should I believe the movement of the heavens impacts me or my life? These questions, though important and worthy of a direct and thorough analysis, can be easily answered in one sentence: because the Earth is concave and you live inside it. I say this in complete seriousness. Planets are moving stars and the Earth is categorically not a planet. The universe is in fact finite and resides within the Earth; it occupies the center-most space of the Earth and rotates along the Axis Mundi. The Earth does not move.

Of course the majority will never accept such notions, as they've been programmed all their lives to believe the exact opposite; but the majority of men do not know how to properly think, they do not know the three laws of classical thought let alone know that laws of thought exist. The Trivium is but another meaningless word in their mental masturbation filled fantasy. So while the unintelligent masses will scoff at what I've presented, preferring insults to reason. I only ask that those of you who view yourselves as reasonable individuals to at the very least prove to yourself that what I have presented is irrefutably false. If you cannot, ridding yourself of Modernist thought and embracing Traditional wisdom is the only logical course of action.

“But we who live in these hollows are deceived into the notion that we are dwelling above on the surface of the earth; which is just as if a creature who was at the bottom of the sea were to fancy that he was on the surface of the water, and that the sea was the heaven through which he saw the sun and the other stars—he having never come to the surface by reason of his feebleness and sluggishness, and having never lifted up his head and seen, nor ever heard from one who had seen, this region which is so much purer and fairer than his own. Now this is exactly our case: for we are dwelling in a hollow of the earth, and fancy that we are on the surface; and the air we call the heaven, and in this we imagine that the stars move.” - Plato: The Apology, Phædo and Crito Para. 605 (Paras.600-624)

Sophia Perennis

The Author's Personal Natal Information

Rising – Sagittarius [type 9]
Sun – Aquarius [type 5]
Moon – Libra [type 6]
Mercury – Aquarius [type 5]
Venus – Virgo [type 12]
Mars – Aries [type 8]
Jupiter – Leo [type 1]
Saturn – Pisces [type 4]

By means of proper deduction, my Enneagram is type 9. Everything else is relevant to myself, but is of little importance to others.

Recommended Reading:

Cyrus Teed:

Cellular Cosmogony

William Blystone:
The Tree of Life

Rene Guenon:
The Crisis of the Modern World
Man and his Becoming
Initiation and Spiritual Realization
The Spiritist Fallacy
Theosophy: The History of a Pseudo-Religion
The Reign of Quantity and the Signs of the Times

John Frawley:
The Real Astrology
The Horary Textbook
Sports Astrology

Julius Evola:
Revolt Against the Modern World
Introduction to Magic
Riding the Tiger
The Doctrine of Awakening

manuthegrey

The Author's Personal Natal Information

Rising – Sagittarius [type 9]
Sun – Aquarius [type 5]
Moon – Libra [type 6]
Mercury – Aquarius [type 5]
Venus – Virgo [type 12]
Mars – Aries [type 8]
Jupiter – Leo [type 1]
Saturn – Pisces [type 4]

Dear Sir,
I believe there is a mistake in the above data as Sun and Venus can never be so far apart in the Zodiac (positions in Virgo/Aquarius are at least four full signs apart, that is hundred and twenty degrees, whereas Venus/Sun elongation is at most about forty eight degrees).
Regards,

Kho

please let prayer be true
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is impressive, thorough work. Well done. Chills. Would like to try applying this to my own natal chart in short order.

manuthegrey

Recommended Reading:[/B]

Cyrus Teed:

Cellular Cosmogony

William Blystone:
The Tree of Life

Rene Guenon:
The Crisis of the Modern World
Man and his Becoming
Initiation and Spiritual Realization
The Spiritist Fallacy
Theosophy: The History of a Pseudo-Religion

John Frawley:
The Real Astrology
The Horary Textbook
Sports Astrology

Julius Evola:
Introduction to Magic
Riding the Tiger

Of these I've read:
Introduction to Magic
Riding the Tiger
Man and his Becoming
The Real Astrology
The Horary Textbook
The Tree of Life

Which I readily commend.

I am most surprised so see in this otherwise luminous list the work "Cellular Cosmogony", which I think to be sheer delusional-deceptional *bs* despite the spiritual level that it may prompt to rise to by reflecting on some side insights, leaving the *bs* aside.

EternalLoveofWisdom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dear Sir,
I believe there is a mistake in the above data as Sun and Venus can never be so far apart in the Zodiac (positions in Virgo/Aquarius are at least four full signs apart, that is hundred and twenty degrees, whereas Venus/Sun elongation is at most about forty eight degrees).
Regards,

Hello Manuthegrey, I realize it is easy to suppose that I have made an egregious error in the determination of my natal chart. I can only suggest that you consider the arrangement I have positioned the Zodiac signs in contrast to the conventional view based not upon the physical constellations but rather upon the principles and qualities of the signs themselves, I hope in doing so you will find that I am not in error.

Per Teed and the Koreshans, I should be clear that I don't endorse their theological or ideological positions. I only included his book among the list, not because of any profound insight into metaphysics or philosophy, but instead for his unique insight into physical cosomology -- specifically that the Earth is a sphere of which the heavens and mankind dwell within. His rectilineator experiment is a conclusive and empirical method for determining the shape of the Earth: convex, concave, or otherwise; and unless such an experiment is conducted again in recent times we will continue to live in uncertainty regarding the physical cosmos. If by chance you believe in the lies promoted by the Jews that control mass media and world nations and who explicitly control the space programs and institutes of the world; I can only say to you, if you truly care about what is True and Good, that you must be critical of the theoretical and empirical claims for the cosmology they promote and be certain through consice and proper reasoning that their cosmology is sound. But I warn you now: no sane man has done so yet, and I go so far to so no sane man ever will.

With that said, there is nothing inherently contradictory in the observations of the celestial bodies between either a convex or concave Earth. More importantly, there is nothing contradictory of a concave consmology in either Orphism or Platonism, both of which, as strange to the modern mind it might seem, appear to support such a world view.

You have my regards.