• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] The Proper Enneagram

Sophia Perennis

The Proper Enneagram

To preface this article, I'd like to start by stating that this idea is not original and I am not it's
originator;though this discovery was of my own accord, I was not the first to notice. Regardless, it is no
less important for me to share this simple, yet profound discovery with those of you who have shown
dedication to the Enneagram and self-knowledge.

I am certain that the vast majority of you are familiar with the Enneagram symbol, which depicts an
equilateral triangle coupled to a hexad figure within the circumference of a circle. This symbol is used
by Enneagram practitioners and theorists alike to discern the connections and interrelations between
otherwise separate and autonomous points of consciousness. Herein lies the problem. The symbol
introduced by Gurdjieff does not depict reality; it's a heresy. It lacks consistency and it lacks the
geometric perfection which is found in all other truth-bearing occult symbols. The symbol and its
implications are perpetuated by supposed Enneagram experts, who then foment further heresies by
espousing Wings, instinctual sub-types, and tri-type theories to an already twisted and profane symbol.

If one were to compare the points of "disintegration" and "integration" from the common, heretical
Enneagram figure, to those of the Proper Enneagram, they would quickly find that each equilateral
triangle consistently disseminates the points of consciousness equally amongst the commonly known
"centers of intelligence".

E.g:
1,4,7: Body, Heart, Mind.
2,5,8: Heart, Mind, Body.
3,6,9: Heart, Mind, Body.

The Proper Enneagram is also numerologically consistent, thereby staying attuned to the truths of
Pythagorean numerology.

E.g:
3,6,9: 3+3 = 6. 6+3 = 9.
2,5,8: 2+3 = 5. 5+3 = 8.
1,4,7: 1+3 = 4. 4+3 = 7.

There are, of course, multitudes of truths to be derived from the Proper Enneagram which cannot be
found in the heretical symbol provided by the majority of Enneagram "experts". It is up to you,
as students, to further discern what those truths are.

In closing, whether this specific alteration of a perennial symbol was done maliciously or not is
unclear, though that has been the case for the majority of perennial symbols. What is clear, however, is
that if the students of the Enneagram value truth above falsehood and wish to further refine their
knowledge of self, they must denounce heretical symbols and embrace the traditional method for the
attainment of knowledge through the Perennial Philosophy.

The Proper Enneagram:

JWx99Lp.png

Through study of the proper Enneagram, as opposed to the symbol promulgated by Enneagram

gatekeepers, one can discover and understand the valid connections and relationships between the
varied manifestations of consciousness.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
This figure is much more appealing than the enneagram symbol with the strange hexagramic figure.

Gotta love symmetry.