• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tied enneagram scores?

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I scored a tie on the enneagram test (never heard of it before joining this forum)

Has anyone else done this? Thoughts?

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Not exactly, but I have scored 5 as the highest as much as I've scored 7 as the highest, I guess you just have to choose which description resonates with you more.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not exactly, but I have scored 5 as the highest as much as I've scored 7 as the highest, I guess you just have to choose which description resonates with you more.

The first time I took the test, I skipped a question, because.... it just didn't seem to apply. At all. But I retook the test, and came back as a 7, and a couple close runner ups.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The first time I took the test, I skipped a question, because.... it just didn't seem to apply. At all. But I retook the test, and came back as a 7, and a couple close runner ups.

INFJ E7 is a very very rare combination. I don't really want to deny any possibility, but I'd say to either consider alternative MBTI or Enneagram typings first before going with INFJ 7.

MBTI-Enneagramnowing-Correlation-PersonalityCafeData2.jpg

MBTI-Enneagram-Correlation2.jpg

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ E7 is a very very rare combination. I don't really want to deny any possibility, but I'd say to either consider alternative MBTI or Enneagram typings first before going with INFJ 7.

MBTI-Enneagramnowing-Correlation-PersonalityCafeData2.jpg

MBTI-Enneagram-Correlation2.jpg

I've been scored as an INFJ since I was 16. ONCE I scored as an ENFJ... but I'm only 11% I, and that ONCE was a 1% E. (I've had to take the test a few times, almost minoring in Psych. Took it again, recently, and got nearly the same exact result with a completely different test. It was THE MOST accurate description I have EVER read of *my* own personality, ever) The type 7thing... isn't as exact. But the "meaning of the arrows thing" and the "motivations", for their intended purposes are accurate.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've been scored as an INFJ since I was 16. ONCE I scored as an ENFJ... but I'm only 11% I, and that ONCE was a 1% E. (I've had to take the test a few times, almost minoring in Psych. Took it again, recently, and got nearly the same exact result with a completely different test. It was THE MOST accurate description I have EVER read of *my* own personality, ever) The type 7thing... isn't as exact. But the "meaning of the arrows thing" and the "motivations", for their intended purposes are accurate.

Tests only go so far. :shrug: It's better to read into the material such as Psychological Types by Jung which goes over each function and how they appear in the 16 types. Not to say that the 4 letter dichotomy doesn't have any validity but yeah, online descriptions also offer fairly broad generalizations. People often come here saying "well I've taken this test 50 times and I've gotten INTJ each time" or something like that haha. But from this short interaction INFJ seems possible.

How you talk about E7 is a little more telling though. Typing yourself on the Enneagram is a lot more of an introspective process. You have to look deep within yourself and notice what's dark - the parts of you you want to deny. The fear itself should be enough to make you keel over in anxiety (7s especially because we're always planning for the future). To only relate to the integration and disintegration points enough to bring them up makes it seem like you don't relate to the fear of being deprived or in pain at all. I know every time my E7 spirit mentor [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] brings up something like an E7's superficiality, or their tendency to prevent themselves from feeling strong emotions, I sometimes secretly want to go to E2 as my backup plan. But it's a part of me that I have to acknowledge, accept, and learn to work with. Typing yourself in the Enneagram shouldn't only just touch the surface but also reach deep within you and pull out the good, the bad, and the ugly.

It's interesting how you had to take the MBTI so many times though. I'm a psych major and I've only taken it once back in high school during AP psych.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tests only go so far. :shrug: It's better to read into the material such as Psychological Types by Jung which goes over each function and how they appear in the 16 types. Not to say that the 4 letter dichotomy doesn't have any validity but yeah, online descriptions also offer fairly broad generalizations. People often come here saying "well I've taken this test 50 times and I've gotten INTJ each time" or something like that haha. But from this short interaction INFJ seems possible.

How you talk about E7 is a little more telling though. Typing yourself on the Enneagram is a lot more of an introspective process. You have to look deep within yourself and notice what's dark - the parts of you you want to deny. The fear itself should be enough to make you keel over in anxiety (7s especially because we're always planning for the future). To only relate to the integration and disintegration points enough to bring them up makes it seem like you don't relate to the fear of being deprived or in pain at all. I know every time my E7 spirit mentor [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] brings up something like an E7's superficiality, or their tendency to prevent themselves from feeling strong emotions, I sometimes secretly want to go to E2 as my backup plan. But it's a part of me that I have to acknowledge, accept, and learn to work with. Typing yourself in the Enneagram shouldn't only just touch the surface but also reach deep within you and pull out the good, the bad, and the ugly.

It's interesting how you had to take the MBTI so many times though. I'm a psych major and I've only taken it once back in high school during AP psych.

Perhaps you'd be better off reading my introduction. I majored in Anthropology, International Development, with minors in public health and biology. I'm currently taking my pre-reqs for med school. (Went to film school first, after 2 years in the national guard). This test isn't limited to Psychology 101. Interesting you mention the E2 as "back up plan" though... before I retook the test (answered ALL the questions) I tied with the type 2. Having read both of them, I'm more inclined, having lived within myself for the past 30 years, to identify with the 7. I don't expect a perfect stranger to understand in an incomplete paragraph the depths of my being what has taken an entire life to understand, and eventually, make peace with. Dark? I have about as much tolerance for "the dark side" as light unless it's absolutely necessary. Okay, so an INFJ also being a 7 is rare. And you just pissed one off. Peace.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Perhaps you'd be better off reading my introduction. I majored in Anthropology, International Development, with minors in public health and biology. I'm currently taking my pre-reqs for med school. (Went to film school first, after 2 years in the national guard). This test isn't limited to Psychology 101. Interesting you mention the E2 as "back up plan" though... before I retook the test (answered ALL the questions) I tied with the type 2. Having read both of them, I'm more inclined, having lived within myself for the past 30 years, to identify with the 7. I don't expect a perfect stranger to understand in an incomplete paragraph the depths of my being; what has taken an entire life to understand, and eventually, make peace with. Dark? I have about as much tolerance for "the dark side" as light unless it's absolutely necessary. Get that sh*t away from me. Okay, so an INFJ also being a 7 is rare. And you just pissed one off. Peace.

I honestly don't understand why you're pissed off by this lmao. I didn't really have a confrontational attitude. You posted a thread saying you tied scores asking for thoughts, you decided to go to E7, I posted my thoughts. If you don't take a stranger's opinion seriously then there's nothing to be pissed off about...I was providing my thoughts and you were providing yours. But since you apparently seem to enjoy being the shit-stirrer, here's your prize:

18tgturepcup9png.png

Sure, identify as whatever you please. Be my guest, INFJ 7. Here's to hoping you don't get so reactive next time when someone offers you alternatives. :cheers: Now go take your repressed misdirected anger somewhere else, basic.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I honestly don't understand why you're pissed off by this lmao. I didn't really have a confrontational attitude. You posted a thread saying you tied scores asking for thoughts, you decided to go to E7, I posted my thoughts. If you don't take a stranger's opinion seriously then there's nothing to be pissed off about...I was providing my thoughts and you were providing yours. But since you apparently seem to enjoy being the shit-stirrer, here's your prize:

18tgturepcup9png.png

Sure, identify as whatever you please. Be my guest, INFJ 7. Here's to hoping you don't get so reactive next time when someone offers you alternatives. :cheers: Now go take your repressed misdirected anger somewhere else, basic.

I didn't ask for an alternative. I questioned tied results, after having taken a test; didn't "type myself", though I did agree, to an extent, with the result. You may not have viewed yourself as having been "confrontational" but you were definitely presumptive. And now you're just insulting.

Nicodemus

I didn't ask for an alternative.
You asked for 'thoughts'. You got some, even reasonable ones. On a typology forum, having your self-typing questioned is inevitable, especially when you invite it like this. You better get used to it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Moved to the Enneagram subforum. Did not move to What's My Type? since that does not appear to be what the OP wanted.

I personally have never gotten a tied result on an Enneagram test, but I've gotten incorrect results before.

Starry

I know every time my E7 spirit mentor [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] brings up something like an E7's superficiality, or their tendency to prevent themselves from feeling strong emotions, I sometimes secretly want to go to E2 as my backup plan. But it's a part of me that I have to acknowledge, accept, and learn to work with. Typing yourself in the Enneagram shouldn't only just touch the surface but also reach deep within you and pull out the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Talking about Typology on a Typology forum again I see. I don't even... Why? Why do you always insist on doing this Chanaynay? Seriously...

To the OP, it's not uncommon to receive enneagram test scores that result in a tie. Is that within the bounds of all you wanted to know?

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram tests are well known to be crap. They give you a basic ballpark (if you even answered it in the right frame of mind). I have seen a lot of people tie before and it means nothing.

Now, off-topic. Is there a part of this thread was spun off, because cm81 seemed to flip out on Chanaynay for absolutely nothing.

Starry

Perhaps you'd be better off reading my introduction. I majored in Anthropology, International Development, with minors in public health and biology. I'm currently taking my pre-reqs for med school. (Went to film school first, after 2 years in the national guard). This test isn't limited to Psychology 101. Interesting you mention the E2 as "back up plan" though... before I retook the test (answered ALL the questions) I tied with the type 2. Having read both of them, I'm more inclined, having lived within myself for the past 30 years, to identify with the 7. I don't expect a perfect stranger to understand in an incomplete paragraph the depths of my being what has taken an entire life to understand, and eventually, make peace with. Dark? I have about as much tolerance for "the dark side" as light unless it's absolutely necessary. Okay, so an INFJ also being a 7 is rare. And you just pissed one off. Peace.

I had to come back to this...

Having followed my mentions and (only) reading the exchange between you and Chanaynay...it wasn't until after I had posted that I caught Nico's response. And it occurred to me that he's quite right. You did in fact ask for 'thoughts.' So, seeing that the OP hasn't yet been amended to accommodate those of us that can't read minds...coupled with the fact 'my thoughts' think they can provide you with some explanations for that tie...I'm sharing them.

I'm not here to stop you from combining two branches of personality theory...subsequently taking you from being "the rarest type" to the "rarest individual in the entire universe"... Still, even if INFJ 7 was a common occurrence... I can tell you just from your responses in this thread that there's no way you're a 7.

7s live in abundance. Just like you witnessed from Chanaynay we want to expand on everything...generate more ideas...we want to increase the possibilities which serves to keep one foot out of the present and in the future where optimism can live unchallenged by everyday realities. Chanaynay was taking you on the 7 journey...and not only did you refuse to go...you were offended by it.

The fact you listed out your credentials in the above quote immediately calls to mind e5. And had you not indicated you had received a test result at one point in time of ENFJ...I would have immediately suggested you look there first. That you are testing as a weak 7 (tie) because you're actually a 5 that is currently connected to your stress point.

Taking into consideration that ENFJ result and your relatively volatile response in this thread to I'm still not entirely sure what... I think you're most likely 6w5cp...making you an ambivert which helps to explain the tie result. As well as the 7 result since many 6w5cps tend to take on a similar optimistic affiliation as is seen at point 7.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had to come back to this...

Having followed my mentions and (only) reading the exchange between you and Chanaynay...it wasn't until after I had posted that I caught Nico's response. And it occurred to me that he's quite right. You did in fact ask for 'thoughts.' So, seeing that the OP hasn't yet been amended to accommodate those of us that can't read minds...coupled with the fact 'my thoughts' think they can provide you with some explanations for that tie...I'm sharing them.

I'm not here to stop you from combining two branches of personality theory...subsequently taking you from being "the rarest type" to the "rarest individual in the entire universe"... Still, even if INFJ 7 was a common occurrence... I can tell you just from your responses in this thread that there's no way you're a 7.

7s live in abundance. Just like you witnessed from Chanaynay we want to expand on everything...generate more ideas...we want to increase the possibilities which serves to keep one foot out of the present and in the future where optimism can live unchallenged by everyday realities. Chanaynay was taking you on the 7 journey...and not only did you refuse to go...you were offended by it.

The fact you listed out your credentials in the above quote immediately calls to mind e5. And had you not indicated you had received a test result at one point in time of ENFJ...I would have immediately suggested you look there first. That you are testing as a weak 7 (tie) because you're actually a 5 that is currently connected to your stress point.

Taking into consideration that ENFJ result and your relatively volatile response in this thread to I'm still not entirely sure what... I think you're most likely 6w5cp...making you an ambivert which helps to explain the tie result. As well as the 7 result since many 6w5cps tend to take on similar optimistic affiliation as is seen at point 7.

I have no idea what you just said to me. The last part. I wasn't asking for a personal anaylsis... based on a few words. I asked about getting tied results. On the whole IN/EN thing...I'm only 11% introverted, and just as narrow on the T/F. I mentioned my courses of study, NOT as credentials, but, well, because she did, and in those very interdisciplinary fields of study, have encountered that test many times. I'm indeed under some stresses in life at the moment (which is in part, why I referred to my original post...to give her something much much more raw, than very very surface statements that in no way come close to my reflections on the matter) And, no, I'm not angry or bitter at her. "Pissed off" was more toward the making presumptions off of very few lines of exchanges; how much is lost in translation through words in text alone, especially when the inflections of voice has never been heard, or a face unseen(pardon the serious distraction in a time of mult-tasking work, education, life and not to mention, the fact that my heart is sitting on the horizon waiting for me to finish trudging through the necessary actions to catch up) I really don't give a rats about the enneagram. Except that, from what I have read of the results given (not exactly wasting my time to comb through the rest to see if another one is right) (you gotta know how much an INFJ hates feelling like they're under attack and/or having to reiterate) I identify with it, as much as a whole complex person could possibly try to identity with very few results to contend with. Btw, I had tied with the type 2, before I went back and answered each question; after answering EVERYTHING, I got a 7. Sure, I can see some two stuff in there. And I also see what's missing: me. On a lighthearted note, so what if an INFJ 7 is rare. I'm sure there are a lot more of us out there than unicorns.

Starry

I have no idea what you just said to me. The last part. I wasn't asking for a personal anaylsis... based on a few words. I asked about getting tied results. On the whole IN/EN thing...I'm only 11% introverted, and just as narrow on the T/F. I mentioned my courses of study, NOT as credentials, but, well, because she did, and in those very interdisciplinary fields of study, have encountered that test many times. I'm indeed under some stresses in life at the moment (which is in part, why I referred to my original post...to give her something much much more raw, than very very surface statements that in no way come close to my reflections on the matter) And, no, I'm not angry or bitter at her. "Pissed off" was more toward the making presumptions off of very few lines of exchanges; how much is lost in translation through words in text alone, especially when the inflections of voice has never been heard, or a face unseen(pardon the serious distraction in a time of mult-tasking work, education, life and not to mention, the fact that my heart is sitting on the horizon waiting for me to finish trudging through the necessary actions to catch up) I really don't give a rats about the enneagram. Except that, from what I have read of the results given (not exactly wasting my time to comb through the rest to see if another one is right) (you gotta know how much an INFJ hates feelling like they're under attack and/or having to reiterate) I identify with it, as much as a whole complex person could possibly try to identity with very few results to contend with. Btw, I had tied with the type 2, before I went back and answered each question; after answering EVERYTHING, I got a 7. Sure, I can see some two stuff in there. And I also see what's missing: me. On a lighthearted note, so what if an INFJ 7 is rare. I'm sure there are a lot more of us out there than unicorns.

You also clearly have some serious e1 going on as well the way you keep saying "I wasn't asking for personal analysis" which could also inflate a score on 7.

You're not getting it. You know it scares me sometimes...having been a victim of it more than once...just how confident you guys are in your understanding of reality...when I measure that against just how often you guys get it so 100% wrong. A common trend I witness is believing the best of the worst people and the worst of the best. Chanaynay is one of the best.

You're not coming here as an INFJ saying "I tied on 6 and 1" which may have earned you a response of "totally normal" and a *yawn*. You are coming to the table with a combination many theorists do not believe is possible/exists. And if you genuinely care for people, like I know with every ounce of who I am that Chanaynay does, you don't let someone walk away with that uninformed. You share your 'thoughts.' Because the alternative is sending someone down a long and completely incorrect path. Now, with this in mind...reread his (male) comments and tell me what threat you see.

My response to you was written knowing you wouldn't understand...now. I was planting a seed for a future time.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You also clearly have some serious e1 going on as well the way you keep saying "I wasn't asking for personal analysis" which could also inflate a score on 7.

You're not getting it. You know it scares me sometimes...having been a victim of it more than once...just how confident you guys are in your understanding of reality...when I measure that against just how often you guys get it so 100% wrong. A common trend I witness is believing the best of the worst people and the worst of the best. Chanaynay is one of the best.

You're not coming here as an INFJ saying "I tied on 6 and 1" which may have earned you a response of "totally normal" and a *yawn*. You are coming to the table with a combination many theorists do not believe is possible/exists. And if you genuinely care for people, like I know with every ounce of who I am that Chanaynay does, you don't let someone walk away with that uninformed. You share your 'thoughts.' Because the alternative is sending someone down a long and completely incorrect path. Now, with this in mind...reread his (male) comments and tell me what threat you see.

My response to you was written knowing you wouldn't understand...now. I was planting a seed for a future time.

So, you misdiagnosed a single angle. That's the problem of only seeing what's on a page, projecting your own ideas of what something should look like in your very limited vision--with almost no data, aside from witnessing an incredibly veiled misunderstanding between two people; humans are not that linear. Beyond this ultracrepadarianism are very complex beings. You can not convince me I am anything other than what I am, or whether or not I see myself correctly; and to assume that position, dear stranger, is straight up insulting. I'm breathing; I know who I am, I didn't come here doubting or to figure it out. I came here to learn, about someone else and found a couple labels; and a lot of inaccuracies. I'm tired of this thread; you've mistaken planets from the stars. Btw, I never said a thing about a 6. Or a 1.

Starry

So, you misdiagnosed a single angle. That's the problem of only seeing what's on a page, projecting your own ideas of what something should look like in your very limited vision; people are not that linear. Beyond this ultracrepadarianism are very complex beings. You can not convince me I am other than what I am, or whether or not I see myself correctly. I'm breathing; I know who I am. I came here to learn, and found a couple labels; and a lot of inaccuracies. I'm tired of this thread; you've mistaken planets from the stars. Btw, I never said a thing about a 6. Or a 1.

Ah. He now cometh forth as the true INFJ that his is. Trying to make me dizzy with his swirly, whirly speak. Which actually worked...I now need to get a cup of coffee...

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

So, you misdiagnosed a single angle. That's the problem of only seeing what's on a page, projecting your own ideas of what something should look like in your very limited vision--with almost no data, aside from witnessing an incredibly veiled misunderstanding between two people; humans are not that linear. Beyond this ultracrepadarianism are very complex beings. You can not convince me I am anything other than what I am, or whether or not I see myself correctly; and to assume that position, dear stranger, is straight up insulting. I'm breathing; I know who I am, I didn't come here doubting or to figure it out. I came here to learn, about someone else and found a couple labels; and a lot of inaccuracies. I'm tired of this thread; you've mistaken planets from the stars. Btw, I never said a thing about a 6. Or a 1

Starry

So, you misdiagnosed a single angle. That's the problem of only seeing what's on a page, projecting your own ideas of what something should look like in your very limited vision--with almost no data, aside from witnessing an incredibly veiled misunderstanding between two people; humans are not that linear. Beyond this ultracrepadarianism are very complex beings. You can not convince me I am anything other than what I am, or whether or not I see myself correctly; and to assume that position, dear stranger, is straight up insulting. I'm breathing; I know who I am, I didn't come here doubting or to figure it out. I came here to learn, about someone else and found a couple labels; and a lot of inaccuracies. I'm tired of this thread; you've mistaken planets from the stars. Btw, I never said a thing about a 6. Or a 1

Are you also switching posts around?

I'm running so terribly late which many theorists don't believe is possible for the ENFP 7 but I'm defying the odds somehow. I promise to come back to this. With an interpreter.