User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tied enneagram scores?

I feel like when I take the test and tie scores they are usually those that I "integrate" and "disintegrate" to, and to me that seems to be the only reasonable possibility of why you would tie.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

714 sx/sp
    infj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I love that you are the first person to acknowledge my signature quote haha. If you understood how this haiku sustains me you would know what your acknowledgement means. It is foremost to me the most profound description of the best of enneagram seven.

"Ever since my house burnt down
    I see the moon more clearly.
    I gazed upon all the Edens that have fallen in me.
    I saw Edens that I had held in my hands,
    but let go.
    I saw promises I did not keep,
    Pains I did not sooth,
    Wounds I did not heal,
    Tears I did not shed,
    I saw deaths I did not mourn,
    Prayers I did not answer,
    Doors I did not open,
    Doors I did not close,
    Lovers I left behind,
    And dreams I did not live.
    I saw all that was offered to me

......Remember your dreams"

"The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83
    Likes Starry liked this post

937 so/sx

You can tie in score on any given enneagram test, but you are not two enneagram types, nor can you equally be influenced by both, nor do people change types over time. Everyone is one core type in this system although one may experience the patterns of any other or all enneagram personality types during a lifetime.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes cm81 liked this post

Senior Member Array Hitoshi-San's Avatar
    6w7 sp/sx

Yeah, I actually got one point lower for E7 than E8. Then I had next to none for all of the other types except for maybe five or six in E3. It's like getting a very small percentage of a function higher in MBTI testing - it's all about what YOU think you are. You know yourself best.

5w4 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    I scored a tie on the enneagram test (never heard of it before joining this forum)

Has anyone else done this? Thoughts?
    A friend of mine tied on 7 and 9. I take it she's the 7 with 9 in tritype, simply because I know her so well.
    "I absorb energy like a sponge everywhere I go. It allows me to see the world and my purpose in it." Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (INFJ)

6w7 so/sx
    EII Ne

FWIW, I almost never score 6 on Enneagram tests. In college, I scored 7 and 3; I self-identified as 4w3 because it seemed the quieter, slower "still spicy" relative of 7; lately I have scored 2w3. I think it is to some extent a matter of how well your personality matches to exactly the wording you are being presented with in the tests. 6 is almost always in very SJ, sp-first wording. Obviously, I am rather different. I think it is the most important thing to identify what cognitive fallacies you personally struggle with when you go to determine your type, to focus on the core of what each number means and to forget the external descriptive trappings. Do you fall more prey to taking on others' burdens or to attempting to escape your pain? Do you have a harder time figuring out what you personally want and need, or slowing down and being content in the moment? Perhaps both are a significant issue for you, but it is likely that one tends to color your life more than the other. Ultimately these systems exist for your personal benefit, and are only theoretical constructs, so if it works better for you to identify as two, then I think you should do what feels right for you. I think it is likely that you will eventually feel like one fits you better than the other, anyway.

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post

Oh sweet!an image of space invaders loading in the blue theme.
    by @magpie
    Likes Chanaynay, PocketFullOf, Hard liked this post

I like that blue correlation chart; it somewhat demonstrates that opposite MBTI types tend to be strong in the opposite enneagram types.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I self-identified as 4w3 because it seemed the quieter, slower "still spicy" relative of 7
    I suspect that type 7 isn't actually as extroverted as they say, and that there are indeed many quiet/slow 7s. I correlate it mostly with being a P type. I could be wrong.
    Likes Starry, cm81 liked this post