• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagram Type, Tritype and Instincts Survey

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The following is a survey being conducted by Enneagram Explorations on Enneagram Type, Tritype, Instincts. Please respond back if you are taking the survey as we want to know how much this sort of thing is of interest to our members.

Link To Enneagram Explorations Survey

Below is a note from Katherine Fauvre on the survey

Dear Fellow Enneagram Enthusiasts,

As many of you know, I love to study all things 'Enneagram' as well as a diverse number of personality typologies. I especially like to correlate these typologies to find patterns that will shed additional light on the nuances of Type. My hope is to make it easier to identify, understand and work with the 9 Enneagram Types.

To that end, I am conducting a new study correlating Enneagram Type, Tritype, Instincts and MBTI. I am looking for new patterns, of course... but in addition, I wish to confirm earlier patterns that emerged in a 2011 study I conducted on this subject matter. That study consisted of roughly 400 participants and the results matched what I have found with clients. Now that many more people know their Tritype, I wish to broaden the scope. I wish to verify my earlier findings with a larger sample size and I wish to ask additional questions and include more demographic questions to know who is participating.

I am hoping this data and the clusters that emerge will help us to better understand key differences within Enneagram Type and demonstrate how these three typologies influence one another. For example, just to name a few:

Are the 478s primarily the I/ENXP?
Are those with 4 in the Tritype usually the Sexual/1 to 1 Instinctual Type?
Are the MBTI Fs most often the Sexual/1 to 1 Instinct?
Are the MBTI Ts most often the Self-preserving Types?
Do Social Instinctual Types first mistype as Type 1?
Do ESTJs mistype as 8s?
Do INFPs mistype as 4s?
Do ENTJs that are 18-24 make the same type of comments and use the same language as those that are 46-54?

Thank you so much for your participation. This information teaches us important nuances about how people see themselves in these different systems as well as how these systems relate to one another. The goal is to see the patterns that emerge, to see what is confluent and discover what is meaningful to these Types.

I will be sharing this data in a number of ways. In addition, I intend to share and explore these findings with panelists at the International Enneagram Conference in August of 2015.

Thank you, I have included a free code to take the test. The code is Study 2014. This code is live for 2 weeks.

Sincerely,

Katherine Chernick Fauvre
Enneagram Explorations
Enneagram Tests, Instinctual Subtypes, Tritype, and Enneagram Type Reports!

Last edited:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The link seems to work only once. Maybe you have to be on the email list to get an individual link.

Edit: Issue appears to be fixed.

Katherine8

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
SX8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The link seems to work only once. Maybe you have to be on the email list to get an individual link.

Thanks Highlander.... Due to your request, I was able to create a link for those that are not on the email list and wish to participate... Since I am comparing several systems you do not need to know all of them as I have questions addressing your knowledge, experience and understanding.

http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e9w9262ai0ir32rh/start

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Thanks Highlander.... Due to your request, I was able to create a link for those that are not on the email list and wish to participate... Since I am comparing several systems you do not need to know all of them as I have questions addressing your knowledge, experience and understanding.

http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e9w9262ai0ir32rh/start

Thanks. I'll put an advert on the forum for the survey and run it for two weeks. It will be at the bottom of the page.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't start unless you have a reliable Internet connection. I just spent 45 minutes on it, hit submit on the second page and had lost my hotel internet connection so I lost everything I entered. Arrrgghhhh!!!

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just did this and found most of the questions to be pretty interesting, and worth the time it took to fill out. I'm really excited to see the results, and hope as many people as possible participate! :D
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] Ugh, that's horrible! I hate it when that happens, and I'm thankful my internet stayed intact. Hope your second attempt goes better-- I would say copy your text before submitting, but with all those little boxes, you kind of can't. :/

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did this earlier today. My only qualm is that if I'd known it was going to be more about tritype than regular enneagram type (at least it seemed that way to me?), I probably wouldn't have spent the time on it. If only because I couldn't answer many of the questions, since none of the tritypes particularly resonate for me. Aren't the Fauvres the only ones who do the tritype stuff? I know some other folks seem to get a lot out of it, but I personally don't find the tritype stuff (what little of it there is out there) anywhere near as useful or in depth as the regular enneagram type material. So there's that- it lost the appeal of revealing any universal value about enneagram/mbti correlation, since it seems to be more about the Fauvre's specific system (unless I'm wrong about that, don't anyone be shy to correct me if I am) correlation with mbti.

I guess also, in regard to whether this kind of thing would be appealing regularly to members, it might be a nice incentive- since people are volunteering their own time to provide as thoughtful answers as they can- if there were some kind of access to the results afterwards. Perhaps someone reporting back a synopsis of results (once they're determined) into the thread linking such a survey, where typo c member contribute a significant amount of data anyway. If that were a regular thing, then I suspect it might make taking the time to participate more appealing. (That may have been the plan all along, I don't know.)

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I filled out this survey earlier today. I have a massive love of participating in surveys and will probably be interested in any future surveys promoted through these forums.
I had no technical issues completing the survey, though I used the link from the mailing list email.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok so I just did it

I didn't need to put in a code though

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't believe it is a problem on our end, but the continue button on the survey page is le broken.

This is fixed by the way

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=21873]Katherine8[/MENTION], I took your survey and look forward to seeing the results. I feel excited to be a part of your research! I declined to leave my IRL contact information, but wanted to let you know I would be happy to provide more info via PM on this site if it would be useful. I am the INFP 629 so/sx with ESFJ/INTP parents.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Filled it out, except I said I was willing to be interviewed and forgot to drop my email oops haha.

Katherine8

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
SX8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks.... The ENFP 7 is a pattern.... which instinct and tritype do you have?

Katherine8

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
SX8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks.... you have an interesting combination of types...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok so I just did it

I didn't need to put in a code though

Yeah, I did it the day I got the link, and didn't need a code either.

I had been a little worried about losing all my data as well (although it ended up working fine for me), considering they were (1) long answer, if you filled out blocks of text and (2) each page could take awhile to complete. So it might be worth either putting less questions on a page and/or warning the user to save their longer answers in a text file in case the connection has been lost and they don't know it.

I actually did include my phone and e-mail. E-mail is easier, but however I can help...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I started than I got to the question how do others perceive you or something like that I was like I don't know and gave up. and so I retry and it says I already took it even though I never actually submitted it

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
It says I've taken the survey when in fact I haven't.

Katherine8

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
SX8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It says I've taken the survey when in fact I haven't.

----------

I am so very sorry... I have had a few people with technical issues. I am not sure how that happened.... It must have something to do with constant contact or perhaps the link. It happened initially here and then was fixed. Perhaps it is intermittent. I know that many people have taken it with the link as I have their results. Can you try again and let me know if it is still a problem?