123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Identifying With Multiple Enneagram Types

I did five hours of driving yesterday and listened to the Don Riso Enneagram descriptions again. I purchased them on CDs. While I don't question my type (6), it became clear to me that there are aspects of several of the types that I identify with. I'm a 6w5 and it's interesting that a lot of the aspects of the 5 resonated pretty strongly. There are also parts of 3 and 8 that resonate.

Has anyone else felt this way - that you have attributes of multiple types? If so, are the other types that resonate with you associated with your wing or lines of integration/disintigration? I can see that for me, the 3 is in my line of disintigration, 5 of course is the wing and as a 6sx (counterphobic), the fact that parts of the 8 resonate makes some sense.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Yes. I can definitely see myself in the descriptions of 4, 5, and 8 and depending on health, 1 and 2. 5 is a given as I have a pretty heavy wing, it took some time to discern my preference for 4 (I'd say it's something like a 60/40 balance). Even before I read into tritype I knew I had some 8ish tendencies, that at the time I figured were possibly the integration of my wing-- I'm aware that probably isn't a thing, though I often think the concept makes sense. The more I read and examined the types and my own life though, I realized (unlike my integration to 1) my 8 traits have been apparent both in health and unhealth. This is when I caught on to tritype and realized that 8ishness was a fix.

I unfortunately had a season of pretty extreme unhealth in my late teens that practically shone with 2 disintegration. To this day 2's are a challenge for me to interact with because I associate their behaviors and tendencies (co-depency, neediness, passive aggression, martyr complex, manipulation) with my own unhealth. My line to 1 has really shown up strongly in the last few years, my first Enneagram test noted that and I've even had people think I was a 1 (usually 1's themselves) from time to time. People have also guessed 8 or 5.

@highlander, I wonder why your gut fix is 9 if you resonate with 8? Unless you meant (by your comment about sx counterphobia) that it's a false relation to 8-- as in, similar behavior but different motivations. Just curious.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I did five hours of driving yesterday and listened to the Don Riso Enneagram descriptions again. I purchased them on CDs. While I don't question my type (6), it became clear to me that there are aspects of several of the types that I identify with. I'm a 6w5 and it's interesting that a lot of the aspects of the 5 resonated pretty strongly. There are also parts of 3 and 8 that resonate.

Has anyone else felt this way - that you have attributes of multiple types? If so, are the other types that resonate with you associated with your wing or lines of integration/disintigration? I can see that for me, the 3 is in my line of disintigration, 5 of course is the wing and as a 6sx (counterphobic), the fact that parts of the 8 resonate makes some sense.
    I always have trouble choosing between 4 and 6. While I always test as a 4, and have temporarily bowed to the weight of consistent test results, the question isn't closed and probably won't ever be
    Last edited by Kullervo; 09-15-2014 at 06:07 AM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Relate most to 4 & 5.

9 too, but not as much as I do with 4 or 5.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Yes, although I've been combing through the enneagram and how it applies to me for a very long time. In doing so, such resemblances are bound to occur.

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

It is hard.

I think that anyone closely affiliated with 5 is going to have a hard time in a sense that 5s are the most perceptive and therefore see so many different things that cause a final decision is difficult hard.

By definition of 5, it's also gonna be hardest for this type to put mbti/typology up and stop thinking about it.
    WE WANT TO MASTER IT.

Yes, which is why I created a thread about it (a few below this one). I most identify with five on a surface level, but I have to wonder how much of that overlaps with dominant Ni. The biggest indication of five seems to be the feeling of disconnectedness, or as though your body is some kind of awkward vehicle for dealing with the external world... but that is a symptom synonymous with introverted intuition, too. I've always felt like an observer, but that doesn't for one second mean I'm a five

Every test I take has me pegged as a nine... I guess I just have to roll with that until I can become better versed in the enneagram, but I'd be lying if I said it described me adequately.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Anyone who believes that they don't overlap with at least a few other types is kidding themselves.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

@highlander and others: I've just taken Riso-Hudson's extended test and they identify me as 4w5, and tritype 458 (the WEPSS I took month ago identified me as a 4w5, as did the free test I linked people to here). I am lying in bed doing nothing, so I couldn't have a more clear mind. It is probably time to admit defeat...I must confess that a lot of my dislike of E4 has been a result of the descriptions I've seen online, which conjure up images of skinny, effeminate guys who dye their hair black and cry all the time.

Of course an INTJ 4w5 would behave differently to, say, an ISFP 4w3. Oh well, on the flip side, I suspect nobody else has this MBTI and tritype on the forum, which is kind of cool even though it is incredibly screwed up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    @highlander, I wonder why your gut fix is 9 if you resonate with 8? Unless you meant (by your comment about sx counterphobia) that it's a false relation to 8-- as in, similar behavior but different motivations. Just curious.
    Yes, I think it's like a false relation to 8. Counterphobic 6s often mistype as 8s.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639