123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Default 964, 469, 649, etc: the Seeker tritype

As common as the 6 and 9 fixes are mythologized to be, I don't see others of my tritype very often, or discussions of it.

Here's the description from PerC:

Do you think the above description is accurate? This thread is open to whatever knowledge about or experience being this type you have, like the other tritype threads.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The only other tritype I could possibly see myself as.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Hi

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5 sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Guess I'm a year late to this thread. Just took the PerC enneagram quiz and came up 649, which seems to fit me.

The description in the "spoiler" of the initial post is fairly informative but unfortunately disjointed--like somebody's sketchy notes from a class.

What I like about this new-to-me tritype thing is that it covers everything I've seen in myself since I first got into the enneagram, maybe ten years or so ago. At first I came up type 4. After much discussion and reading and self-reflection, I realized that couldn't be, and I switched to type 9. That seemed to suit me for a long while, but doubt crept in and led me to retype myself as a 1w9 instead of 9w1. Then, just a couple months ago, I realized my type is actually 6w5. It seems obvious now, in hindsight; it's the only type that accounts for all the anxiety and self-doubt that has always been central in my personality.

But it helps to see that I've also got the "4 energy" I originally recognized, as well as the "9 energy" I noticed later. And with 1 as the wing of 9 (and also an arrow point of 4), that's accounted for too.

So, 649 so far seems to give me a fuller picture.

I got my wife to take the quiz too, and much to my surprise she came up type 6 also. But she's a 638, which is remarkably different. Over the years we've clashed with each other sometimes and even considered ourselves opposites; but actually we've had many basic things in common (as reflected by our core type of 6w5). However, her 3 and 8 sometimes tend to walk all over my 4 and 9; that's what causes problems. She always wants me to "man up" and become more 3+8-like, and I always want her to "soften up" and become more 4+9-like.
    "Some would say that extended meaningful conversation is a thing of the past. But they'd say it more quickly." (Tom Morris)

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

I am 694, or I guess 964 now. The PerC test wae 694, but I really find that 9 might fit me better.

Long before I did the test, I studied the 27 tritypes and determined that 469 was pretty much me. I actually cried for an hour because it had everything I usually hide from myself in plan sight.

So, for me, it is me.

I want to be unique and individualistic. I am full of self doubt. But ultimately, I am looking for peace above all. So, it fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Though I don't really know how much I buy into the whole tritype thing, and how 'real'/ relevant/useful it is, if there's actual validity to tritype, I identify as 469.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

I thought I was a 497 for the longest time, but I relate more to the 6 than the 7, come to think of it. And though I still might be a 4, I'm going with 9 for now.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    I thought I was a 497 for the longest time, but I relate more to the 6 than the 7, come to think of it. And though I still might be a 4, I'm going with 9 for now.
    Welcome to the club....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

I had been typed as 496 before I changed it back to 497.
    It's been tough for me to identify my headtype with certainty. I relate to the description of 496 very much, I am doubtful, seek for meaning, peace, I wan to feel safe and need to find more sources of confirmation.
    I think core vise, I am really a typical enneagram 4, but when it comes to head, I deal with a lot of insecurity and self-doubt like type 6. There is a need for being an individual combined with the need to be assured and confirmed by my enviroment. I seek security, but then I am not as conscious security vise. I need someone else to produce the feeling of security, because I can't take care of all the stuff that needs to be done to feel safe... lot of times I don't care and mess things up. I am not as cautious as 6 would be.
    I also always need to feel like things are fun, interesting, changeable, exciting and allow me a lot of freedom, like type 7. I have lot of 7ish tendecies, even though I do have to deal with inner insecurities and doubts a lot.
    I guess both tritpyes are possibilities for me, even type 5 as my head is not totally out of a question. I do have a lot of 5ish behaviors, fears and motivations, but then I think it's because it influences my core type 4.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Well, it makes sense for me to belong to the tritype with the most doubt.
    I am not sure If I have ever been completly sure of something.
    See, I did it again XD