First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I said this to my e9 friend once, not realizing it was eye-opening for her:

"Peace without any sense of personal fulfillment means little. I'd rather have some anxiety and strife, but have meaning and purpose in life."

Her eyes got really wide....it never occurred to me this could be profound to her. Funny how simple things others realize easily can seem so novel and perspective-changing for us at times. People have told me very simple things that really shook me up for the better.

One of these was: "You have the power to make others feel significant".
    That was really powerful in helping me open up and reach out to others more, as I tended to see myself as something insignificant and perhaps unpleasant even, a burden... but in avoiding people, I was actually making them feel that way too, like they weren't cool/good/important enough for me to bother with.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

1 You set the standard, pushed me to prudence, and prepared me for real life. It's impossible not to respect and admire you.

4 You have a one-of-a-kind gift of deep. You understand me when no one else can.

6 You saved the day! Your devotion to a project and supportive insight are much appreciated.

7 Please come back. We need you to diffuse the negative energy here.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Corsiva View Post
    3's:Relax, the world does not so much care for the individual that their eyes may focus solely upon your achievements nor your failed attempts. Perhaps try to keep it natural sometimes.
    8's:To me you recall the Lion King and I know why yet not really.
    5's:I have no idea why I have crossed paths with not one of you in real life but I would like to perhaps change that being that you seem to be mobile libraries and that seems almost unutterably intriuging.
    As a vain type 3, of course I only care about how you described my type.
    A self-absorbed mobile library Lion King
    Sounds kind of badass. :>
    *Reminds me of Tywin Lannister....Could it be? :')

MBTI
    TiNi
    Enneagram
    5 sp/so

Dear nines... you are wonderful people and I enjoy being around you, but PLEASE take a moment to observe and think for yourself about what and why you're doing with your life... things may seem like they are in a comforting rhythm now, but do you honestly think this will last forever? You need a contingency plan!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Dear 8's.

You're the one type that excels the most in helping me feel safe. And you're the one type who doesn't like me most as a Sx Dom 6(cp reactive) because you misperceive me terribly.

And while I've met a few of you(or rather 9w8's who think they're 8's) and those people's 2-faced duplicity, by and large, I love 8's.

I want to make you sandwiches with the crust cut off or in triangle shapes with a Gatorade and fruit snacks for your lunch or bake you cookies and stuff and suff. But you guys don't like me much. Because when I get scared I act out and I'm spazzy and it irritates you because you think I'm challenging you.

That's all.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Dear 4's

You guys are kinda mean. You're not very nice and don't think of other people as they are. Only in how you want to see them for you. and yet, you think you see people.

And. You're massochistic to a crazy degree sometimes. Please. PLEASE don't create scenarios where you put other people in the seat of sadism to get your jollies off. It's not fair. Not everyone gets off in being involved in toxic or shitty relationships.

P.S. My closest friend is a 4. You guys have amazing qualities and are amazing people. Of course AFTER you get over yourselves and accept that people like you as you are, and not how you want to see yourself. See the theme there?

Yes. I know. You all hate me now. My apologies if you feel that way.
    6w7 Sx/Sp (621 or 612. Same diff :p).
    Likes chickpea, Hard liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Dear INFJ 6w7's,

We kinda know that about ourselves.

No worries.

Q.
    Likes chickpea, small.wonder liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I said this to my e9 friend once, not realizing it was eye-opening for her:

"Peace without any sense of personal fulfillment means little. I'd rather have some anxiety and strife, but have meaning and purpose in life."
    I once said "Life is conflict. War is the way, peace is an illusion."

I wonder what this means for me as a 9...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I once said "Life is conflict. War is the way, peace is an illusion."

I wonder what this means for me as a 9...
    But I think viewing life in terms of that dichotomy - peace or war - is the problem. Lack of "peace" or stillness is not necessarily "war". Viewing it in terms of the dichotomy is what can make 9s go still, so to speak, thinking that is the way to peace and fulfillment, as if anything else would be "war".
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes Legion liked this post