• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Even Though I Am No Longer An Enneagrammist...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That is the best cracked article I have ever read.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is the best cracked article I have ever read.

I agree that its very good on many levels, socially, individually and intellectually - the teaching about 6w5 personal growth is only of interest to those who are into the enneagram.

But there are two things lacking in the article.

1. This person jumped from a fourth story window of a hospital - and didn't end up back in the hospital?
2. He tracked down a non-racist skinhead and tied him to a chair - aren't there some details lacking here? How did the non-racist allow this? Was he kidnapped at gunpoint or knife-point? I wanted them to flesh out some of the details in order to make it a better story.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree that its very good on many levels, socially, individually and intellectually - the teaching about 6w5 personal growth is only of interest to those who are into the enneagram.

But there are two things lacking in the article.

1. This person jumped from a fourth story window of a hospital - and didn't end up back in the hospital?
2. He tracked down a non-racist skinhead and tied him to a chair - aren't there some details lacking here? How did the non-racist allow this? Was he kidnapped at gunpoint or knife-point? I wanted them to flesh out some of the details in order to make it a better story.

Yeah, a lot of details are missing. The guy could make a good book out of it, probably.

You are right about the 6w5, of course. It makes me think of Eminem and how much of his lyrical material is so illustrative of the 6 worldview.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, a lot of details are missing. The guy could make a good book out of it, probably.

You are right about the 6w5, of course. It makes me think of Eminem and how much of his lyrical material is so illustrative of the 6 worldview.

"and while I do hate Edward Furlong (you don't just forgive something like almost ruining Terminator 2)"

Does anybody know what that's about? The link in the original doesn't lead to anything informative about it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've seen both movies. Argh. I hate links that involve a lot of sorting through material.

Eh, sorry. I thought it was self-explanatory. Surprised you don't like sorting through material? Thought that was a Ne thing. Ti precision overrides, maybe.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, sorry. I thought it was self-explanatory. Surprised you don't like sorting through material? Thought that was a Ne thing. Ti precision overrides, maybe.

I know the same actor is in both movies. But how is this self-explanatory simply through a link to another movie he was in?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...I found this story about a neo-Nazi skinhead to be a good way to learn more about the 6w5 personality type.

as in counter-phobic 6w5?

And do you mean that they are the most likely enneatype to become a neo-nazi?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
as in counter-phobic 6w5?

And do you mean that they are the most likely enneatype to become a neo-nazi?

No, I'm just saying that this racist neo-nazi is a 6w5.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Of course, if you had read the article, you would know that - assuming you have enough knowledge of the enneagram 6w5 to get the drift.

The individual in the article grew up in an environment of fear and belittling, joined a gang - AND THEN LEARNED RACISM FROM THE GANG - because this idea helped explain to him the social problems he was having. It made sense to him. From the gang and its ideology he enjoyed a sense of community, of strength, of self-confidence born of anger and joining a gang.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know the same actor is in both movies. But how is this self-explanatory simply through a link to another movie he was in?

Well, in what you quoted, the bit about hating the actor I assume has to do with the role he played in American History X, since the movie (and his character, eventfully) side against neo-Nazism. I took the comment about Terminator 2 as a joke.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, in what you quoted, the bit about hating the actor I assume has to do with the role he played in American History X, since the movie (and his character, eventfully) side against neo-Nazism. I took the comment about Terminator 2 as a joke.

What I hated about that movie was the curb-stomping scene, not the actor who played the curb-stomper. So it just doesn't make sense.

As for almost ruining Terminator 2, the scene linked to in that movie involves John Connor insulting the two 'jock douchebags' who were trying to help him.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What I hated about that movie was the curb-stomping scene, not the actor who played the curb-stomper. So it just doesn't make sense.

As for almost ruining Terminator 2, the scene linked to in that movie involves John Connor insulting the two 'jock douchebags' who were trying to help him.

But you are not (I assume) a neo-Nazi... but if you were... a movie that portrays neo-Nazism in a bad light and its actors could be particularly grating. Just like many people find the figureheads in the "enemy" political party/parties to be particularly distasteful. That is what I figure. If that still doesn't seem right to you, I don't have a better explanation. :shrug:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But you are not (I assume) a neo-Nazi... but if you were... a movie that portrays neo-Nazism in a bad light and its actors could be particularly grating. Just like many people find the figureheads in the "enemy" political party/parties to be particularly distasteful. That is what I figure. If that still doesn't seem right to you, I don't have a better explanation. :shrug:

Frank Meeink, the neo-Nazi in this case, is no longer a neo-Nazi, he calls himself a recovering neo-Nazi.