User Tag List

First 123

There's certainly a lot of bullshit to sift through, as is the nature of these things - and your best bet is almost always going to be your own intuition. The enneagram is a map, not the territory - you identify what helps and discard the rest.

For the record, I think the enneagram is far more insightful than the MBTI etc., but it certainly has its fair share of complete garbage weighing it down. I also like how the language more often than not doesn't resort to psuedo-scientific rubbish to "validate" itself - it's often remarkably subjective and intuitive. It doesn't try to be objective, instead it's like being told a story - there's truth to be gleaned, but it's the sort you keep to yourself when you leave the cinema.
    Hello

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    There's certainly a lot of bullshit to sift through, as is the nature of these things - and your best bet is almost always going to be your own intuition. The enneagram is a map, not the territory - you identify what helps and discard the rest.

For the record, I think the enneagram is far more insightful than the MBTI etc., but it certainly has its fair share of complete garbage weighing it down. I also like how the language more often than not doesn't resort to psuedo-scientific rubbish to "validate" itself - it's often remarkably subjective and intuitive. It doesn't try to be objective, instead it's like being told a story - there's truth to be gleaned, but it's the sort you keep to yourself when you leave the cinema.
    I very much agree, especially with what I underlined. Thanks for articulating this so well.