• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 5, how do you deal with your emotions

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You are ESTP which is Se Ti Fe Ni. Therefore your cognitive functions are different from mine as an INTJ. Mine are Ni Te Fi Se.

The difficulty I have with expressing feelings openly would perhaps be similar to the difficulty a Ti user has in explaining every step of their thinking process, as I understand how the cognitive functions work.

Ya you got that quite right but its only true, if you believe in it :)

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ya you got that quite right but its only true, if you believe in it :)

So it's not the facts of the case, but what you *think* about the facts that matters? :)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
No comprende. Emotions i get i feel them, but it doesent necessarily mean that i would act on them. Im T, so i act more based on what i think than what i feel, but i have learned to act based on emotions more when the emotion is strong enough.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So it's not the facts of the case, but what you *think* about the facts that matters? :)

You got it.
All facts have in common that they have some kind of 'subjective porter' a human. So when you knock that guy out, facts become obsolete ;)

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You got it.
All facts have in common that they have some kind of 'subjective porter' a human. So when you knock that guy out, facts become obsolete ;)

Except that you, being human yourself, cannot actually ever completely knock out the subjective porter. All you are doing is replacing it with one of your own.

In essence, I agree with you. A human mindset is difficult to change, and it's not easy to see where oneself is being subjective not objective. Even if that viewpoint can be found, relinquishing the comfortable known values for a new outlook and perspective may be a bridge too far.

But the original question was how do you deal with your emotions? Are you an Enneagram 5? Do you have trouble expressing your emotions? :happy2:

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
And just what do you mean?

Excuse me I don’t know where to start correcting.
(take it as a complement, I care for you! ^W^)
You’re the king, you rule yourself and one of the things under your control is your emotions.
Emotions or Thoughts, you use both to do: Decision.
But remember they’re as valuable as each other, they’re like two roads both leading to the truth.
One of them become more dominant exactly like [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIVayKuQGG4”]eyes[/URL].
People, according to the theory of MBTI+JUNG are classified into personalities depending of the more dominant function in four pairs*, and one of the pairs (is/are**) Feeling x Thinking

The question is which road you find it more easy to take?

However, there’s no human who holds absolutely no emotions, just like there’s no human holds absolutely no thoughts.
If you read the question again I asked about the road you use more (= more easy***)
So you use both, it’s just that you use one most.

Now this shows it’s STUPID to think emotions doesn’t lead into the truth and it’s weakness to be lead by them, also.. it shows that thoughts aren’t always supposed to be right.

And more stupid is to think/feel emotions could harm you.

Even more stupid to think/feel you can depend on them.

yes, learning increases the possibility to be right.

Translation:

1. you must look for the truth.
2. you must understand it.
3. you gain emotions/thoughts/emotions+thoughts.
4. you react.

Don’t be blind, emotions or even thoughts are supposed to be a reactions, and you can’t react unless you understand.

Hope you understood. And please reply positively because I mean it in a good way.

**Seriously, ‘is’ or ‘are’?

***Auto-Logic in humans, to keep you alive no matter how fool you are.​

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This question has intrigued me, how do 5s generally experience and reflect on their emotions? I have this odd habit of rationalizing them, then analyzing them by "dissecting" to understand their origin (linked with the idea of detachment in 5s). Although I think it doesn't enable me to fully experience them.

Pretty much this.^

However, I feel that I do experience them - it's more a matter of how, and how much I allow certain emotional reactions to affect me/my decisionmaking, etc. I fully feel what's going on inside, but gaining insight on why I may feel what I'm feeling, in essence, changes my experience of feeling them. It alters, but does not detract. Hard to articulate.