First 123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rambling View Post
    I try to smile a lot, laugh a lot, that kind of thing. Saying thank you to people for any small thing is also a good way of drip feeding positive emotions out. Or describing why I like something or when something works well, that kind of thing.
    For the negative ones, I will often attach the negative emotion to a more trivial 'carrier' reason, so I might get openly cross with the photocopier machine at work but underneath I'm expressing an anger about some other issue. Or if I'm sad or distracted I will let myself be that way, within reason, rather than forcing myself to look happy and jolly other people along.
    Is Happiness the only positive emotion? How about Sympathy or Empathy?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

@Honor thinks I use sex and videogames as a means of escapism from how my mind works.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Is Happiness the only positive emotion? How about Sympathy or Empathy?
    Empathy via Fi is whatever emotion the other person is emitting. Can be painful and is usually intense for me. I don't get a choice on what that is, it's intuitive. Sympathy is Fe I think, I can say the right things without intuitive Fe but from social skills, but again it's usually more difficult situations which draw those out.

Positive emotions: happiness, joy, passion, enthusiasm, cheerfulness, singing along to music, gratitude for a gift, thankfulness, appreciation of beauty feeling cherished or loved, hugging, optimism, relief, there are loads of them I think...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Empathy via Fi is whatever emotion the other person is emitting. Can be painful and is usually intense for me. I don't get a choice on what that is, it's intuitive. Sympathy is Fe I think, I can say the right things without intuitive Fe but from social skills, but again it's usually more difficult situations which draw those out.

Positive emotions: happiness, joy, passion, enthusiasm, cheerfulness, singing along to music, gratitude for a gift, thankfulness, appreciation of beauty feeling cherished or loved, hugging, optimism, relief, there are loads of them I think...
    Can crying be caused by a positive emotion?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    @Honor thinks I use sex and videogames as a means of escapism from how my mind works.
    And from unsettling questions about the functioning of the universe, boredom on the job, the stress of trying not to punch people, and various other forms of turbulence in life.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Can crying be caused by a positive emotion?
    Tears of joy for a notification on TypC? Of course someone can cry when overwhelmed with happiness or a positive event such as a baby's birth or a win in a competition or a game. Or when someone understands you, or trusts you or opens up to you or cares for you or for someone who is important to you ...yeah, all kinds of things can be positive but make people cry. Sure. But I'm Fi and I don't express feelings like crying much, so I could be crying for joy inside me and yet it wouldn't be visible.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Tears of joy for a notification on TypC? Of course someone can cry when overwhelmed with happiness or a positive event such as a baby's birth or a win in a competition or a game. Or when someone understands you, or trusts you or opens up to you or cares for you or for someone who is important to you ...yeah, all kinds of things can be positive but make people cry. Sure. But I'm Fi and I don't express feelings like crying much, so I could be crying for joy inside me and yet it wouldn't be visible.
    Did you mean to say you're Fi or Ni?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Did you mean to say you're Fi or Ni?
    I meant Fi, as it's my tertiary function and introverted feeling doesn't express itself openly, being tied to the self innerly.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I meant Fi, as it's my tertiary function and introverted feeling doesn't express itself openly, being tied to the self innerly.
    Only if you want so
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Only if you want so
    You are ESTP which is Se Ti Fe Ni. Therefore your cognitive functions are different from mine as an INTJ. Mine are Ni Te Fi Se.

The difficulty I have with expressing feelings openly would perhaps be similar to the difficulty a Ti user has in explaining every step of their thinking process, as I understand how the cognitive functions work.