• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Can't Bring Myself to Control Myself

Tem

Enneagram
8w9
Not that I want to be able to, but it's kind of weird feeling like I'm not really holding the reins on myself -- my father is a self-preservation type 1 INTJ and he can make himself do anything -- delaying anything for him is possible and he is highly regimented and self-controlled. If he set himself to not do something, he won't do it.

Clown-ass me on the other hand -- I can't bring myself to do or not do anything -- I just go with whatever impulse comes up. Any time that I try to impose something on myself it's like some other asshole part of myself purposefully does the opposite just to rebel. I basically have to not try to do anything or else I will end up doing the opposite -- which is why I've learned to just follow my feeling of the moment.

Can this sort of thing be attributed to something enneagram or myers briggs related? I read that a type 1 is really good at delaying self-gratification and disciplining oneself which rings very true for my father and his ways.

Thanks!