• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Independent Enneagram Project

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Holy hell. Impressive. It presents the Enneagram stuff in a way that's not dry and boring. It also always, always helps to have a perspective on the types from the types.

Ovid

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Very good. Thank you for sharing.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25673]Ovid[/MENTION] That is the most wonderful feedback, thank you! I'm planning on a couple other projects in the same medium, just focusing on other aspects of the Enneagram, or coming at it from another angle.

Part two (head types) is now up, if anyone would like to check it out! :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's an interesting, unique layout/approach to the topic, and still feels fresh even if I'm acquainted with the material. I like the imagery with the handwriting over the pics -- brings a face to each type. Pretty clean pages, visually interesting, useful information.

I'll say I also strongly relate to the descriptions for my type (5w4 sx/sp) to the point where I feel the instincts are validated for me personally.

Ovid

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have to agree with Jennifer. It's well written, but it's also presented in an attractive clean format. The addition of handwriting for bullet points keeps it from having a clinical feel even though it's presenting pages of information.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25673]Ovid[/MENTION] for taking the time to look at my project and my basics and instincts work as well! The type specific instinct descriptions are Naranjo's, just to be clear, but I do agree they are the most spot on descriptions. :D

Thanks so much for your feedback! :hug:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been waiting for this.

When I'm learning about types, the information that means the most to me comes from the people who actually live them.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just read through Part I, the heart types. This is really great, it's very accessible, attractive and presented in a holistic manner. And providing real life examples of people makes it so much easier for somebody trying to find somebody to identify with as a starting point. You should figure out how to monetize this, get some banners on there.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just read through Part I, the heart types. This is really great, it's very accessible, attractive and presented in a holistic manner. And providing real life examples of people makes it so much easier for somebody trying to find somebody to identify with as a starting point. You should figure out how to monetize this, get some banners on there.

Thanks! :)

That is unfortunately the part I suck at. :frown: I never had the intention of making money off of this though, so it's really not a big deal (not that it wouldn't be nice). What I have hoped, however, is that I could begin to build some credibility, and that I could do some consulting work (team building, conflict resolution, etc.) and/or teaching of the Enneagram-- I do have some places in mind. :whistling:

We'll see, I plan on doing more projects (I have a list :blush:), so even if someone wants to display the images as part of an Enneagram workshop, or use them as a teaching aid, I could probably charge something for that too. Idk, other ideas? I kind of just love creating, but perhaps that's my downfall. :D

[MENTION=17945]Nixie[/MENTION] Me too, that was one of my main motivators for doing this-- I wanted to hear from (and honestly, observe) the people.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
The graphics are nice, clean, although some of the writing is tiny and on a phone might prove very difficult to view. It really does have a beautiful look.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More updates: I recently decided to start writing a blog about the Enneagram, which will be my platform for the project. At the moment, I'm just over-viewing core types and instincts of each first, and will post my project when I finish that! Just wanted to let anyone know, who might be interested in checking it out! :)

I'm actually pretty happy with even just my type overviews so far, as I've put together images for each and it's instincts that totally reflect my note-taking style. :D

I still am not sure about all the copyright stuff. Many people I've spoken to say it's silly to copyright because people will copy you regardless, and that I just need to be okay with that and know that no one can truly reproduce my work.

You can always publish it in the site wiki and then put your copyright notice on there. It is very easy to create and Edit entries in there and would save you the trouble of creating a site.

Edit: oh nevermind. I see you have the blog.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION]!

Re: the small writing, yes. I wanted there to be elements of each image that felt almost hidden (more on some than others), because they are thoughts. I totally hear you about phone screens-- my original intent was to display them physically (like a gallery, walk through experience) in which case the small print would be more intuitive. I do think a common effect can be had by viewing it on a computer though. It does make me sigh when I think how many people probably viewed it on tiny phone screens. :mellow:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION] You know, now that I think of it, your material might better be published in a nice glossy book.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is really beautifully done, [MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]. So much easier to digest info when it's visually appealing and personal.

EDIT: Perhaps you could ask a mod to update the OP with the links to your project for easier access?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very cute and informative way to get introduced to enneagram.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is really beautifully done, [MENTION=17697]small.wonder[/MENTION]. So much easier to digest info when it's visually appealing and personal.

EDIT: Perhaps you could ask a mod to update the OP with the links to your project for easier access?

Thank you! Yes, quite a good idea. ;)
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] or [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] (I'm unsure of who else is moderating these days), could you add this to the OP?:

"The project is done, check it out here: http://enneagramgirl.wordpress.com"

[MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20986]Buttahfly[/MENTION] Thanks both of you!

Starry

Hey fellow typology nerds, studiers and enthusiasts! I started an independent photo and interview based project on the Enneagram about 9 months ago and am now wrapping it up. I'm very happy with the way it's turned out, but because I'm more of a big picture person, I never really solidified what I would use it for. Friends have suggested everything from a seminar, to putting the images in a gallery to show.

Do any of you have ideas as to an outlet for my project? I've been trying to think of people/groups in the Enneagram community that might be interested in it. I'm hesitant to post my images here (you know, the internet and creative infringement), but I'm glad to answer questions about the project.

Thoughts? [MENTION=18576]Sanjuro[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION] [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] @brainheart [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION] [MENTION=17424]decrescendo[/MENTION] [MENTION=8046]ayoitsStepho[/MENTION] [MENTION=4]cafe[/MENTION] [MENTION=71]JAVO[/MENTION] [MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] [MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] [MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION] [MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] and anyone else with ideas! :hug: Thanks guys!

Multiple "likes" ....but as soon as my patent on the "love" feature comes through...