MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    HAHAHAHA!
    Maybe you've just come out of your shell more....

But if this is the way you always were, I don't think I'd ever have thought introvert.... just sayin'.
    Who I thought I was years ago was not who I really was. I could wax the poetic about it (but this is not the thread to do so) in short it was a combination of influence from my mother, aspergers, and my habit of forcing myself to be who I am "supposed" to be. Once I let go of the latter to a strong degree the facades fell away largely.

I never was an introvert either (people laugh at the suggestion in IRL), I was just chronically depressed (really bipolar II) and mental disorders color personality a lot.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    ...Once I let go of the latter to a strong degree the facades fell away largely.
    That's a huge one.

I found I could much more easily examine and process who I was once I got out of the hold of my bio family + the church. And I was chronically depressed too; it was really interesting to observe myself once I was no longer depressed.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Lady_X
    if you are a 9, you are likely Sx/So as opposed to Sx/Sp. Social 9s are the most upbeat and active of the 9s (Chestnut gives them the theme of Participation) and can look a lot like 7s.

congratulations on finding your type (I have been reconsidering my own 7 status, so it seems I'm not alone :alltongue: ). what cued you off to make the switch?
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Yeah but I've avoided type 9 for forever because i don't feel conflict avoident and i feel like i have pretty defined sense of self...i don't feel like i have any doormat tendencies

but the way in which i check out of reality is much more 9 like...then 7 or any other type. i often feel like I'm barely here...or that I'm just apart of the breeze...or melded with the ambience somehow

however my mind is busy...i don't feel like i have a quiet mind...but i am often peaceful...blah...

i don't have time atm to actually post what I'm trying to say

however
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I'll miss you as a fellow ENFP 7w6. But it's okay I love E9s! And as long as you're on the path to self-discovery and growth that's what matters.

To be honest, even with sx/sp, you did seem a lot more chill and laid back compared to me.

I wonder what @Starry thinks of this.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Lady_X
    if you are a 9, you are likely Sx/So as opposed to Sx/Sp. Social 9s are the most upbeat and active of the 9s (Chestnut gives them the theme of Participation) and can look a lot like 7s.
    ^ I agree with this. @Lady_X you've never vibed social-last to me.

Also congrats!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I'll miss you as a fellow ENFP 7w6. But it's okay I love E9s! And as long as you're on the path to self-discovery and growth that's what matters.

To be honest, even with sx/sp, you did seem a lot more chill and laid back compared to me.

I wonder what @Starry thinks of this.

The way I've been experiencing this site lately...it makes perfect sense that X is a mistyped 7. Congrats on 9 X. I'm glad you found your correct type.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    Yeah but I've avoided type 9 for forever because i don't feel conflict avoident and i feel like i have pretty defined sense of self...i don't feel like i have any doormat tendencies
    I wouldn't think of you as unhealthy-conflict-avoidant, but you have a way to reducing conflict in the pocket around you just by being there. I don't even know how I could fight with you about something, even if I wanted to! You just kind of naturally defang conflict and reduce tension by who you are.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

So when will we be hearing on whether it's a wing 1 or wing 8?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Oh! Congrats @Lady_X, I think it's awesome that you had that realization! I love that you said "...I've avoided type 9 forever because I didn't feel conflict avoidant...", forgive me but that's hilarious and awesome confirmation IMO.

One of the "aha" keys I've found with people accurately typing as 9's is realizing why they avoid conflict-- to avoid separation. If 7's avoid conflict, it's because they don't want to examine their own thoughts and feelings.

I've also found a really random common thread with 9's IRL, that they fear being perceived as annoying or obnoxious. I'm just wrapping up a photo/interview project and both of my 9's (interviewed separately) said something about that-- one said, "the last thing I would ever want is to be annoying". Just out of curiosity, do you resonate with that?
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨