User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 231

  1. #171
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i really do feel like a 9 lately...but idk if it's just my relationship wearing me down. idk how tritype shit works....do i sometimes feel very 7 and others 9?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #172
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    that recent thread about 6w7 vs 9w1 or 8 I read the comparisons and I'm like I am a 6 even though people try to tell me i'm 9. it took years for me to decide on 6 i didn't even consider it for a long time then i read about it (before that thread existed btw) and i was like woah this makes more sense than any other type for me. and the more I read about 6 the more i identify. so what i'm saying what people on the internet say can't fully know, everyone is biased including me and you.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  3. #173
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    i really do feel like a 9 lately...but idk if it's just my relationship wearing me down. idk how tritype shit works....do i sometimes feel very 7 and others 9?
    The Fauvres' theory on tritype (they invented it, so they get a lot of say-so, here) is that the ordering matters some: you tend to deal with things in terms of your primary type, then 2nd fix, then 3rd fix, whichever works first. But they emphasize that ordering doesn't seem to matter that much: people who share the same tritype appear to be very similar at a fundamental level. There are a lot of different flavors of type 9, for example, but most 972s, 729s, 792s, and so on (six permutations total) will seem the same, even if they have a different main type.

    My personal theory (synthesized from several sources) is that each center is associated with an emotion. The Gut center handles anger, the Head center handles fear, and the Heart center handles grief. Your tritype therefore indicates how you handle each of these centers, either by ignoring, or internalizing or externalizing the emotion. Everyone has anger and fear and grief, so it makes sense that the tritype would be able to classify each of these.

    The implication of my theory (different from the Fauvres) isn't that you handle things "in order of your types", but rather with the appropriate center. If your reaction is anger, it will be handled as an 8 or 9 or 1. If your reaction is grief, it will be handled as 2 or 3 or 4. If your reaction is fear, it will be handled as 5 or 6 or 7.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Lady_X liked this post

  4. #174
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    yeah...it makes sense tho i think that i am actually a 9. i very much relate to the term self forgetting like it says about 9's. and i've mentioned how i often sacrifice my needs for others. i don't do it because i lack self value or think my needs are less important. i think i just know i can manage more than others...like...i'll be fine and can deal...and it may just wreck their whole world for a bit.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  5. #175
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    and...ive mentioned...years ago even that i felt like my karmic lesson was to learn to cope with loss.

    which is interesting now that i read that is the type 9 fear. i didn't even know that.

    it is the thing that i feel most protective of on a deep level. loosing connections with others makes me eternally sad and constantly less than whole feeling.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  6. #176
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    The Fauvres' theory on tritype (they invented it, so they get a lot of say-so, here) is that the ordering matters some: you tend to deal with things in terms of your primary type, then 2nd fix, then 3rd fix, whichever works first. But they emphasize that ordering doesn't seem to matter that much: people who share the same tritype appear to be very similar at a fundamental level. There are a lot of different flavors of type 9, for example, but most 972s, 729s, 792s, and so on (six permutations total) will seem the same, even if they have a different main type.

    My personal theory (synthesized from several sources) is that each center is associated with an emotion. The Gut center handles anger, the Head center handles fear, and the Heart center handles grief. Your tritype therefore indicates how you handle each of these centers, either by ignoring, or internalizing or externalizing the emotion. Everyone has anger and fear and grief, so it makes sense that the tritype would be able to classify each of these.

    The implication of my theory (different from the Fauvres) isn't that you handle things "in order of your types", but rather with the appropriate center. If your reaction is anger, it will be handled as an 8 or 9 or 1. If your reaction is grief, it will be handled as 2 or 3 or 4. If your reaction is fear, it will be handled as 5 or 6 or 7.
    okay awesome i have wondered about that...wondered if perhaps it worked like that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  7. #177
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10,080

    Default

    If you often find yourself unwittengly becoming a mediator or advice giver to multiple sides of a conflict in your family (or some other social group), you may be a 9. People will seek it out and expect it of you. Well, that's often been my experience, at least. Meaning that I often find myself in the center of that shit whether or not I wanted to be involved. It can be stressful and yet I think there is a part of me that really enjoys or at least feels obligated to be the impartial mediator. It can also backfire though when you don't take someone's side and they hold it against you for trying to remain neutral. You know, because sometimes people are immature pricks and just assume you're going to take their side in any conflict.

    @Lady_X, other 9s, can anyone relate to this?
    Likes Lady_X liked this post

  8. #178
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    If you often find yourself unwittengly becoming a mediator or advice giver to multiple sides of a conflict in your family (or some other social group), you may be a 9. People will seek it out and expect it of you. Well, that's often been my experience, at least. Meaning that I often find myself in the center of that shit whether or not I wanted to be involved. It can be stressful and yet I think there is a part of me that really enjoys or at least feels obligated to be the impartial mediator. It can also backfire though when you don't take someone's side and they hold it against you for trying to remain neutral. You know, because sometimes people are immature pricks and just assume you're going to take their side in any conflict.

    @Lady_X, other 9s, can anyone relate to this?
    I can, to an extent.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

  9. #179
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    yeah...it makes sense tho i think that i am actually a 9. i very much relate to the term self forgetting like it says about 9's. and i've mentioned how i often sacrifice my needs for others. i don't do it because i lack self value or think my needs are less important. i think i just know i can manage more than others...like...i'll be fine and can deal...and it may just wreck their whole world for a bit.
    I don't wanna suggest a type for you or argue against one sis, but FWIW I do this too. I'll be kind of zoned out while everything is running smoothly up until someone asks "Chandler...doesn't that hurt?" and then it'll turn out that the pain in my leg I've been kind of dismissing is actually a poisonous bug bite haha.

    I also have a habit of not knowing what will be a problem for other people so I try to be as accommodating as possible (and by that I mean sacrificial of my needs) until I'm aware of what my limits are.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

    Likes Lady_X liked this post

  10. #180
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I don't wanna suggest a type for you or argue against one sis, but FWIW I do this too. I'll be kind of zoned out while everything is running smoothly up until someone asks "Chandler...doesn't that hurt?" and then it'll turn out that the pain in my leg I've been kind of dismissing is actually a poisonous bug bite haha.

    I also have a habit of not knowing what will be a problem for other people so I try to be as accommodating as possible (and by that I mean sacrificial of my needs) until I'm aware of what my limits are.
    Same.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan

Similar Threads

  1. Hey, I'm both an INTP and an ISFJ at times....how do I figure out who I really am?
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 08:08 AM
  2. Am I really ISFP?
    By Dali in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 08:10 PM
  3. Am I really ENFx?
    By alcea rosea in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 01:13 PM
  4. If a noob posts in this forum and no one reads it am I really here?
    By Delilah in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM
  5. Am I really INTP?
    By Luke in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO