The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Your life has changed significantly over the last year and you're in the grip. And I'm interested in hearing more about it including what type of support/therapy/support systems you have in place. You can write whatever you wish to write in the seven thread...there's no off-topic there. Or mention me where you wish and I will look for it sprout.
    Ok, thank you.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    i think i might be 9w8

this is so crazy. it really is messing with me!! Haha
    the best type. 9w8 seems like a conflicted type, in theory.

Do you tend to bottle anger up until it reaches a boiling point or does it show immediately?

I'm curious how a 9w8 ENFP acts vs a 9w8 ISTP or 9w8 other MBTI type.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    dun think so, lady
    Nice try, lady

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    i feel like i need to apologize for evertime i schooled someone on what type 7's were about.

I'm sorry.
    Samsies

Ne + So 9 = Pretty dang upbeat and bouncy on the surface, esp if excited. Social 9s can easily mistype as 7s (in other words consider your instinct stacking as well).

That said, my least favourite writers based on the 9 stuff are Riso and Hudson. Palmer and Maitri give a better take on 9 imo.

I created my "Whoa... what if I'm 9 not 7 =O" thread a few years ago and based on the 'upbeat' image I had, maybe the hyperness people saw the strong reaction was that I was a 7, but once seen it cannot be unseen. It's a very different kind of avoidance, 9s slow down, tread water as moving against something feels like it can create conflict, we are low energy (even if we are active), yet moving with something we do not want is unacceptable so we get stubborn and stop, kinda like a donkey . 7s on the other hand speed up with distractions, they get active, they are high energy (even if lazy).

Other distinctions to consider are Id v Ego. All the talk about ENTPs being prone to narcissism always shat me because I am so not egotistical, I see now that it comes from ENTPs typically being Id types. 9s tend to be humble and unassuming without drawing attention to it, if you can see everyone else's view as valid in its own right, and are unsure what your stance is so dismiss your own in favour of those who seem to care more, it's tough to put up a front and tell people you're all that. We may not put others first, but we can often put ourselves second.

Anxiety issues v anger issues, of course 9s can struggle to see their anger so that one takes time and observation. I'm a head type only in the way that I am always in my head, I don't do anxiety though, I can shut my thoughts off and just be in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    One thing that can confuse me about 9s is that sometimes they come across as much angrier than I'd expect. Like an 8 or cf 6. Makes me wonder if there's some sort of phobic/counterphobic split with type 9.
    There is always anger there, for me, I just don't show it, it is the most consistent emotion I experience, the cause of anger for 9s is generally feeling overlooked or easily dismissed/discounted which is something we create ourselves unless aware so it is tough to work past. Getting in touch with that anger is the hardest thing for a 9 though as we don't recognise it, our avoidance pushes our attention away from discomfort, before I realised I was a 9 I would have told you I was never angry.

I wouldn't say phobic/counterphobic, it's more a matter of w8 active anger v w1 critical anger. The counter-9 type is typically viewed as the So dom.
    Likes Lady_X liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Huh, (this is off topic but) I'd love to hear more about that.
    For example, I am analytical and critical, a typical 5. From a 4 I expect to see uniqueness and authenticity. Show me your uniqueness and authenticity.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Just something on nines in general...

Conflict avoidance always comes up in talk about nines. I don't feel it is conflict with others as much as conflict within ones self. Conflict with others can stir that, but not always. Relationship conflict will often stir that because it is integral part of the self. But not necessarily so.

You can be calm in a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    the best type. 9w8 ...
    For real!!
    Likes Lady_X liked this post

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

@Mal12345 So as not to derail this thread, I'll PM you.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Just something on nines in general...

Conflict avoidance always comes up in talk about nines. I don't feel it is conflict with others as much as conflict within ones self. Conflict with others can stir that, but not always. Relationship conflict will often stir that because it is integral part of the self. But not necessarily so.

You can be calm in a storm.
    I think you just perfectly summed up 9w8 in the most concise way possible.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Samsies

Ne + So 9 = Pretty dang upbeat and bouncy on the surface, esp if excited. Social 9s can easily mistype as 7s (in other words consider your instinct stacking as well).

That said, my least favourite writers based on the 9 stuff are Riso and Hudson. Palmer and Maitri give a better take on 9 imo.

I created my "Whoa... what if I'm 9 not 7 =O" thread a few years ago and based on the 'upbeat' image I had, maybe the hyperness people saw the strong reaction was that I was a 7, but once seen it cannot be unseen. It's a very different kind of avoidance, 9s slow down, tread water as moving against something feels like it can create conflict, we are low energy (even if we are active), yet moving with something we do not want is unacceptable so we get stubborn and stop, kinda like a donkey . 7s on the other hand speed up with distractions, they get active, they are high energy (even if lazy).

Other distinctions to consider are Id v Ego. All the talk about ENTPs being prone to narcissism always shat me because I am so not egotistical, I see now that it comes from ENTPs typically being Id types. 9s tend to be humble and unassuming without drawing attention to it, if you can see everyone else's view as valid in its own right, and are unsure what your stance is so dismiss your own in favour of those who seem to care more, it's tough to put up a front and tell people you're all that. We may not put others first, but we can often put ourselves second.

Anxiety issues v anger issues, of course 9s can struggle to see their anger so that one takes time and observation. I'm a head type only in the way that I am always in my head, I don't do anxiety though, I can shut my thoughts off and just be in the moment.

There is always anger there, for me, I just don't show it, it is the most consistent emotion I experience, the cause of anger for 9s is generally feeling overlooked or easily dismissed/discounted which is something we create ourselves unless aware so it is tough to work past. Getting in touch with that anger is the hardest thing for a 9 though as we don't recognise it, our avoidance pushes our attention away from discomfort, before I realised I was a 9 I would have told you I was never angry.

I wouldn't say phobic/counterphobic, it's more a matter of w8 active anger v w1 critical anger. The counter-9 type is typically viewed as the So dom.
    weird...i totally don't feel angry at all. i think it usually registers as mildly annoyed.

i don't think i'm social first tho....i'll look into how it plays out in 9's tho...but still think not...i'd still guess maybe sx/so if it's not still sx/sp...i feel very sx...and feel passionate and intense...and if 9 isn't that it would have to be the sxness.

but i thought i was distracting when i was stressed but really i do think it's more of a standing still daydreaming...or escaping into my own world of ideas.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    Nice try, lady
    ??? whya say that man?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison