• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] 4w7

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was wondering if someone could please help me.

These are some results:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||| 30%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 30%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 42%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||| 38%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 46%

type score type behavior motivation
4 17 I must be unique/different to survive.
7 14 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
2 12 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
9 11 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
5 10 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 10 I must be strong and in control to survive.
6 9 I must be secure and safe to survive.
1 7 I must be perfect and good to survive.
3 7 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.

Your main type is Type 4
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so
Your level of health is below average, i.e. unhealthy

So naturally I assumed I was 4w7. I'm actually a bit attached to that now. I mean, I like it. It fits me. And isn't this all self-determination anyway? Who makes these rules? But that doesn't matter. If I "can't" be 4w7, would it make sense for me to be 4w3, especially because my variant stacking is sp/sx? I get the feeling that they're kind of similar in the risk/thrill, need for adrenaline as a distraction/means of being alive dynamic.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wings can only be the types on either side of 4, so only 4w3 or 4w5 are possible. there's also tritype, where you choose the type that best fits you from your heart(2,3,4), head(5,6,7), and gut(8,9,1) triads. which could account for a strong 7 influence.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You tend to have the characteristics of the types next to your core type.

I'd examine 3 4 and 5 first to determine which ones are more you. It's possible that you've got a 7 in your tritype, so you wouldn't need to put it as your wing (which is technically impossible).

yeghor

I was wondering if someone could please help me.

These are some results:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||| 30%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||| 30%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||| 42%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||| 38%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 58%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 42%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 46%

type score type behavior motivation
4 17 I must be unique/different to survive.
7 14 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
2 12 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
9 11 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
5 10 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 10 I must be strong and in control to survive.
6 9 I must be secure and safe to survive.
1 7 I must be perfect and good to survive.
3 7 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.

Your main type is Type 4
Your variant stacking is sp/sx/so
Your level of health is below average, i.e. unhealthy

So naturally I assumed I was 4w7. I'm actually a bit attached to that now. I mean, I like it. It fits me. And isn't this all self-determination anyway? Who makes these rules? But that doesn't matter. If I "can't" be 4w7, would it make sense for me to be 4w3, especially because my variant stacking is sp/sx? I get the feeling that they're kind of similar in the risk/thrill, need for adrenaline as a distraction/means of being alive dynamic.

4w5 7w8 9w8 = Fi Ne Si = INFP, tritype 479.

4_2 (29) 7_1 (21) 9_8 (21) 5_6 (19) = Fi Ne Si Ti ~ INFP

sp comes from your introversion. sx comes from Ne or Se function. Your enneagram 7 denotes a compulsion to seek for opportunities and alternate explanations to make you feel unique and special and maintain that feeling as denoted by your enneagram 4 score. Your thrill seeking is not physical in the Se sense but mental in the Ne sense. You seek the next thing\activity\explanation\possibility that will boost your ego, make you feel good about yourself and chase that "high" feeling.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
wings can only be the types on either side of 4, so only 4w3 or 4w5 are possible. there's also tritype, where you choose the type that best fits you from your heart(2,3,4), head(5,6,7), and gut(8,9,1) triads. which could account for a strong 7 influence.

Yes, someone told me I ought to look into tritype a few days ago. I did for a bit but I gave up because I couldn't find one with 4, 3, and 7 altogether. Now I know why.

You tend to have the characteristics of the types next to your core type.

I'd examine 3 4 and 5 first to determine which ones are more you. It's possible that you've got a 7 in your tritype, so you wouldn't need to put it as your wing (which is technically impossible).

Thanks for the information. I'm fairly certain I'm more four than three or five.

4w5 7w8 9w8 = Fi Ne Si = INFP, tritype 479.

4_2 (29) 7_1 (21) 9_8 (21) 5_6 (19) = Fi Ne Si Ti ~ INFP

sp comes from your introversion. sx comes from Ne or Se function. Your enneagram 7 denotes a compulsion to seek for opportunities and alternate explanations to make you feel unique and special and maintain that feeling as denoted by your enneagram 4 score. Your thrill seeking is not physical in the Se sense but mental in the Ne sense. You seek the next thing\activity\explanation\possibility that will boost your ego, make you feel good about yourself and chase that "high" feeling.

What do you mean by physical in the Se sense, exactly? Because I'm not sure. I'm very close to a low-scoring ambivert when I take personality tests. I'm not sure that matters. But I definitely feel a sense of duality. And I'm not so sure it's all mental, though I get the feeling I'm misinterpreting what you're saying. I feel like I'm doing a bad job explaining myself too. There's kind of this constant split where I'm torn between this desire to love life and this desire to utterly destroy myself. And it's very dark, but they're not so different. And the adrenaline in both of those feels very physical, kind of like acting or protesting or even exercising, when it's positive. Do you know what I mean?

yeghor

Yes, someone told me I ought to look into tritype a few days ago. I did for a bit but I gave up because I couldn't find one with 4, 3, and 7 altogether. Now I know why.

Thanks for the information. I'm fairly certain I'm more four than three or five.

What do you mean by physical in the Se sense, exactly? Because I'm not sure. I'm very close to a low-scoring ambivert when I take personality tests. I'm not sure that matters. But I definitely feel a sense of duality. And I'm not so sure it's all mental, though I get the feeling I'm misinterpreting what you're saying. I feel like I'm doing a bad job explaining myself too. There's kind of this constant split where I'm torn between this desire to love life and this desire to utterly destroy myself. And it's very dark, but they're not so different. And the adrenaline in both of those feels very physical, kind of like acting or protesting or even exercising, when it's positive. Do you know what I mean?

Se thrill seeking relies on rush and overload of physical sensations and stimuli like high speed, fights, jumping from high places, eating, alcohol, sex etc. whereas Ne stimuli is more about mental stimulation, I can't think of an example for that.

When you are feeling low do you say it manifests out in a physical manner or mental manner? How do you express out your negative feelings?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se thrill seeking relies on rush and overload of physical sensations and stimuli like high speed, fights, jumping from high places, eating, alcohol, sex etc. whereas Ne stimuli is more about mental stimulation, I can't think of an example for that.

When you are feeling low do you say it manifests out in a physical manner or mental manner? How do you express out your negative feelings?

Oh, I see.

And when I'm feeling badly... it really depends. On the intensity of the emotion, on the emotions themselves, on who I'm with and whether I try to harness it or ignore it. Sometimes I do try to ignore it but it always comes out eventually, although sometimes it comes out inwardly. As in, I react towards/against myself. Though if I'm with someone I trust it's just as likely I'll react in a way that's harmful towards them, though I try to temper that more. But it really depends on how bad I'm feeling. But there is a very mental aspect to it. It's hard for me to say without describing an experience in specific. I'm also wary that by answering this question in detail I'll be throwing all my problems onto you.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
[MENTION=22178]hel[/MENTION]
My tritype is 4w7-7w1-8w2 or 4w2-5w8-1w4 depending on my mood. :wink:

[Disclaimer: the above posters are right, I'm just silly]

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant