• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Introduce yourself as your past MISTYPE!!!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
stolen from Personality Cafe :devil:
Introduce yourself as your past MISTYPE!!!

We've ALL been there.

We've ALL mistyped ourselves in the past.

We've ALL relied on stereotyped information to get us through the enneagram before we developed a deeper understanding.

Here is the chance to mock yourself.

without further adieu, I will start

"Greetings! I am an 8w9: heroic defender of the weak and champion of the oppressed peoples of the earth. I cherish my independence and will kick your ass if you try to tell me what to do. Supposedly "credible" descriptions say that 8s are supposed to be lustful and sadistic, but that's all bullshit. and besides, I have a 9 wing which softens me up and am integrated, so I only possess the good traits of 8 :cool: "

"I'm a 3w4 because I'm classy, professional, icy and have an elegant sense of fashion. I'm also very ambitious, narcissistic (because people usually say 3s are narcissistic) and everyone on Typology Central told me I must be, so I guess they're right. yeah, I'm fairly lazy and fuckin oblivious to my reputation, but that's just because I have a strong line to 9.

oh, and the most important part: I have a personality and stand out, therefore I MUST be putting on an image to impress people, because that's the only reason anyone would ever have to have a personality or do anything dramatic
"

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm a loner, I read a lot, and I am often the smartest and most insightful person in the room. Therefore I must be a 5.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"I'm extremely introverted, I have a compulsive need to figure things out constantly, I have trouble relating to others sometimes, I can come across as emotionally dry/detached even when I'm not, I'm socially awkward, I live in my head more than anyone I know. :nerd: This e5 description seems to fit me pretty well."

"Now that I've read the e4 description, I see that it fits me much better than e5. I've always been sensitive and emotional, and I often (er, okay...sometimes) feel driven to express my feelings through artistic works because those feelings are too complex to adequately convey in pedestrian language. I can relate to feeling fundamentally different from others, and I both take pride in and feel ashamed of what (in my mind) sets me apart. I also have a fantasy self that I try to become, but I often feel that I'm just being dishonest with myself and that my true self will always be vastly inferior to who I want to be. Okay, so I'm not actually temperamental, outwardly emotional, or overtly individualistic...actually I kind of act like this vapid robot-person around people unless I've known them a while. Well, inner dynamics probably count more than behavior, so e4 is probably right."

Then I read the e9 description and all other possibilities for my type were pretty much immediately axed in my mind.

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm depressed and totally unique and stuff, so I'm a 4w5.

Just kidding, I have anxiety, so I'm a 6.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a social recluse who lives in her head and is obsessed with universal values - classic INFP.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am artistic and sensitive and I like people to see me as successful, so I am 4w3.

I do not really experience the e4 issues of feeling different or damaged, and I am an overachiever whose identity has long been defined by being the best student and I am artistic but it defines me less, so I am 3w4.

I am not able to put my feelings on hold like a 3, and I love variety, ideas, and new experiences, and I tend to be a little scattered, but am definitely not an 8, so I am 7w6.

Took me three wrong tries to get it right :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I worry frequently and have cheerful 7-ish energy, and therefore I must be 6w7. Can't be a 1 because I wouldn't describe myself as a resentful person. Plus I'm too chill to be a 1.

Oh, not actually a 6w7? Well then that's got to be my head fix. How else could I explain the worrying?

I care about my environment and prioritize my physical needs when they make themselves obvious, and therefore I must be so/sp or sp/so. Sx-last, especially, because I don't open up to people very quickly, generally avoid romance, and "don't vibe Sx at all".

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I enjoy spouting ideas, thinking up crazy shit and having fun, so i must be a 7w6.

(from others): I'm too pacifist and conflict-avoidant not to be a 9w1.
(from others): Too focused on pleasing and helping people not to be a 2.
(from others): Too into shrinking people not to be an INFJ
(from others): Not intellectual enough (aka not enough of a grasp on Ti) to be an N, must be ISFP
(from others): Too into social protocol not to be an Fe-dom, must be ENFJ.

Note: I added them because I did take them on board as options in the spirit of feedback.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reactive, combative and "sociable" ESFP says hi.

Hur, I've been through abuse so I must be an 8.

Hurr, I put value on class and efficiency so I must be a 3.

Hurrr, I am clingy and combative at the same time so I must be a 6.

Hurrrr, I want to experience all of life so I must be an ESP 7.

Hurrrrr, just because I answer to the point in my video means I'm ISTJ.

Hurrrrrr, just because I seem caring and understanding means I'm ISFJ.

Hurrrrrrr, insert other's opinion of my type in here.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey guys, 6w5 INFP here! :alttongue: I have conflicting tendencies to associate closely with others and avoid them at the same time, all the while seeking security through both actions. I'm also committed to specific moral and ethical beliefs, and am capable of defending underdogs to the death.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey, I'm an sx/so because I value connecting with people more than learning about the social scene around me.

Hey, I'm a 2w3 because I get really emotional over the thought of not being loved (like a good amount of the population does). I'm also very friendly and nice to people, outgoing and cheerful, and I enjoy being liked.

Hey, I'm an ESFP because a barrage of people telling me I didn't seem like an ENFP made me cave in. I'm more outgoing and talkative, and I appear less thoughtful so I'm obviously S>N (okay this one wasn't my line of reasoning haha). Ne creates much weirder connections and Se is more straightforward, my thoughts aren't "abstract" enough to be Ne.

Hey, I'm 728 because I'm self-assertive and enjoy combativeness much more than a 729. I'm less "in the background" and more dominant and controlling with my presence in relation to my environment.

okay...sx/so and 728 could still be possibilities really. so i might come back to this later and be like oops hehe

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was new to MBTI:

INTP - I do not make decisions or form beliefs based on emotions. I analyze everything and have a cool exterior in person. I am a bookish know-it-all who gets obsessed with theoretical things & who squirms at cheesy sentimental displays from others (read: Fe annoys me sometimes). I cannot be a Feeling type, and I always test as INTP, so I guess this personality system is lame since INTP is not that great a fit but still the best one. INFP is waaaaay too saccharine, irrational, and people-pleasing to be my type.

Considered 5w4 due to stereotypes about 4s being flamboyant drama queens (turns out those are mistyped 7s :p ).

Considered & suggested as being sx/sp due to preoccupation with finding a romantic partner. I just call that e4 INFP.

It is rarely suggested to me that I am anything other than INFP e4, but the few times it has been suggested:

ISFP - because I like fashion & makeup & have a good sense of aesthetics, and INFPs are supposed to find that shallow
ISTJ - I have a good memory for tangible details, in response to a post where I state that I am doing an exercise in recalling details because I rarely review concrete/factual stuff. I also write too much in "essay style". Apparently, INFPs are not articulate writers anymore.
ENFP - too feisty or harsh Te (or something like that) to be an INFP
INFJ - people in person mistype me as this because they think of all INFPs as 9s. They think I am too decisive & not nicey-nice enough to be INFP. I guess they think "J" means more backbone & sharp edges.
NTP - too "harsh" and argumentative to be an NFP

6 - I belong to an organized religion (albeit not a very mainstream one), can be a know-it-all & argumentative, and apparently work too hard to cover all my bases (nope, I'm long-winded cuz I have a constant influx of new ideas & tend to add content to clarify as I go; not trying to patch any possible holes for fear of attack)
4w3 - the fashion thing again, seeking more connection to the outside world with age (I call that getting healthier)

Last edited:

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP: Because F's are nice and Fi doms are empathetic. As well as fitting the stereotype of silent, un-empathetic, sporty girl who tears all her toys to shreds trying to figure out how they work, as a child.

INFP: Because S's are normal and simple minded. Also because ISFP's cannot operate within the abstract realm of written language whatsoever.

INTP: I must be something inbetween?

ESFP: Social anxiety can be confusing, but I most definitely do not lead with Se. However, because I can be talkative(which has nothing to do with how extraverted or introverted someone is by the way) and prone to rambling(look at this post), blunt like a baseball bat, as well as have a fucked up sense of humor and can on occasion be aggressive, I must be an ESFP. I did consider this because I wanted to explore a slightly more abstract explanation/option, but I can confidently conclude that I am not nor have I ever been an ESFP, especially not IRL. It was an interesting take though. It is hard for me to trust such a simple conclusion, but the simple explanation seems to be the correct one this time around.

7w6: Hahahahaha. What?! (Because I can fake cheerful and energetic sometimes, I guess? I deal with my anxiety this way, by actively working against it and forcing myself to act in such a way. It's the complete opposite of my natural state/personality.) Why do I come across so different online?

Cp6w7: Reactive(disintegrated). I also apparently come across as an ambivert online due to rambling, and addiction to this website, despite being extremely introverted(not shy anymore, and not because of anxiety, actually just very introverted). No existential anxiety, no desire to rebel against authority simply because it is authority.

3w4: Too edgy to be 4w3 (I'm not super edgy IRL).

4w5: Emo. Speshul. I want to be real and place a very high value on sincerity.

4w3: Not inclined towards intellectualizing everything, but still emo. Also, the aforementioned sincerity thing once more. Sx e4 descriptions have always fit oddly perfectly.

8w7: When all I knew was what an enneagram looked like. How the fuck did I get myself to buy this for more than 5 minutes?

So/sx: Pretty much because of the same thing as 7w6. Oh if only the people who thought this could see me IRL. I am aware that it's not a good way to be, but the world could literally burn down and I would not care whatsoever, as long as my loved ones as well as myself, were safe. I don't care about issues or the rest of the world outside from me at all. I find group interaction unappealing and unsatisfying. I wish to live apart from the rest of the world, and in a sense I do. I'm certain this was done based on stereotype that one time I nervously acted outside of myself. Which, is not at all reflective of the way I usually act. That seemed to be too superficial an assessment to be accurate, this is one of those times first impressions are wrong.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a 5w4 INTP because I'm always analyzing the shit out of everything wake up thinking about thinking and go to sleep thinking about thinking, hate people, and have a creative, artsy side due to my 4 wing. I can improvise in a jam and pride myself on my ability to think of solutions and things which seem to elude others around me which MUST equal some strong Ne.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I've had others mistype me as 7w6, 7w8, ESTP, ENTP, INTP, and ask if I'm sure I'm not really an 8w9

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have never core Enneagram mistyped, but didn't know about the system until I was relatively healthy so I suppose that could be why. I also have a wealth of unhealthy history/experience to compare with descriptions.

I did think I was Sx/Sp until recently realizing I am Sx/So though. I was sure I must be So-last because I view myself as somewhat socially challenged.

IRL the only times anyone has questioned my type:
- a friend and her husband have believed I am 5w4, since 4 just can't be so analytical or prone to obsession.
- An e1 colleague at one point thought I must be a 1-- I think in part to flatter herself, and in part because she didn't realize 4 integrates to 1.
- Recently another colleague asked me if I identified as an 8, which I found funny until she said it was because I'd used the word "challenge" when describing my leadership style. Haha, what?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, I'm Sanjuro, and I am a 4w5. I guess.

Hell, maybe I'm a 5w4. I am withdrawn, introverted, misanthropic, have no friends, am incapable of social skills, and am curious about literally everything under the sun. I live in a state of social isolation and feel like life is something I watch on TV. I forget I have a physical body and forget to eat. I wish I could be mind and spirit! Sure I have no respect for book learning and I'm a bit on the openly- emotional and melodramatic side...but what are you gonna do?

Hey, I'm a 7w8. Never considered that before because I'm not one of those people who is always happy. But I'm multitalented and quick; my moods are mercurial, I live in denial of my own misery (at times), and I love butterflies, rainbows, hot air balloons, and bright colors. I live in terror that others will find out I'm incompetent and just bullshitting them with charm and ability to talk my way into and out of things. I'm constantly trying new things and moving to where the grass is greener... (Actually these are not bad reasons for typing at 7. But it couldn't mask the fact that my sense of reality and my own negativity were far to strong.)

Hi, I'm 6w5 because I'm doubting the other types. I'm melodramatic, anti-intellectual, and far too negative. I am contradictory as fuck and can see what might go wrong in a given situation. I can be a devil's advocate. Sure, I identify with almost nothing I read about 6, but most 6s are too stupid to see they're 6s right? Most 6s don't see themselves in the descriptions because all descriptions are crap and have nothing to do with reality. That's what they're telling me on PersonalityCafe, and the entrenched oligarchy there knows more than I do and they are all adamant I'm a 6. My own family thinks I'm a 6. Sure, they don't know the enneagram, and I only showed them ocean moonshine's descriptions and even then, only had them choose between 4 and 6. But they still chose 6 for me. PROOF. I CAN WILL IT TO BE. I can't be anything else.

Im 641 tritype! I'm pissed off about everything that's wrong with planet earth and I am fussy about details. I'm uptight and others think I'm "morally focused". I have to be 1-fixed then. I'm sure as hell not an 8-fixed 6. But I am a 6. I have to be.

Hi, I'm 4w5 because I hate this type and it's everything that's messed up about me. I lived in denial for so many years because I hate 4s so much. I'm an outsider who feels sorry for herself entirely too often, lives through waves of suicidal depression and lonliness, and believes she is ugly, disgusting, and contaminating. I wish I were royalty and hate superficial people, even though dreaming of the aristocracy totally isn't superficial. Ideal love and all my emotions are bullshit, and I have no desire to explore these things but...close enough right? TYPE 4 IS WHY I SUCK.

Edit: Ah JCF.

I'm an ISTP because I always test that way and Myers-Briggs is crap anyway. Boooooring.

I'm an ENTP because I obviously am.

I'm an INFP because I'm a 4 and im obviously introverted. I'm fi- dom because I feel strongly about things and value certain things in my life. Yet, I seem like a thinker. Everyone seems to think my fi is blatantly obvious. I definitely wouldn't be an ENTP.

Instincts:

I'm sx-last because relationships are bullshit and I'm not dependent on some man. I'm not batshit enough,or awesome enough, or intense enough, to be remotely sx.

I'm sp/sx because I'm introverted and stay in my house a lot. I am incapable of networking and feel "not part of".

ACTUALLY, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 6, INFP, AND THE INSTINCTS, I DON'T THINK THESE ARE BAD REASONS TO MISTYPE.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hi, I'm a 6w7 I love routine and tend to be pretty anxious when things don't go according to plan. But, I'm also a bit of an adrenaline junkie and love a good thrill once in awhile.

Hi, I'm an ENFJ. I can be pretty intense about things I'm passionate about and I'm also a natural leader. I must be an N because I actually question my values and don't float through life according to social customs.