• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Type 4 Athletes?

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Fours are often thought of (stereotyped) as artists or art appreciators, but I wonder if there are any famous athletes who are 4's.

Can any of you think of any 4 athletes, past or present, and the sport they practice?

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Someone said Dennis Rodman is a self-preservation 4w3. It could actually be very true.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Fours are often thought of (stereotyped) as artists or art appreciators, but I wonder if there are any famous athletes who are 4's

Why not? There are athletes of every sort. Many gays had their coming out in the past few years, although sport's thought to be a very masculine activity.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a hard time seeing 4s as athletes. Entirely too vigorous. 4s need couches to loll on while they sip absinthe and write deathless poems.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I consider dance an athletic endeavor and would bet that there are a lot of 4 dancers (I am one). I've often joked that dancers are the only athletic 4's. ;)

The little I know about Dennis Rodman I suppose could match up to 4w3...maybe 7w8 though. Definitely something flamboyant with a reactive component (camera man bashing? :whistling:).

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder how many times I've mentioned Yukio Mishima on this forum, lol.

udhQYQH.png

He was a writer and intellectual who for the last 15 years of his life was fully devoted to bodybuilding. He was also a skilled kendo practitioner and runner.
Furiously committed to shaping his body to fit the samurai ideal, driven by his shame and hatred of his weak, pale, "intellectual" body.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
When I was leading my band, I worked out a lot. Partly to keep my energy up for shows, and partly so I would look good in a white dress on stage. White adds weight but I have a 'color-based religion' of sorts and it is the only color I wear when singing my own songs on stage… so I have to stay thin and fit to look good. Not to mention, I have a chronic illness which gets drastically worse when I don't work out. And when I'm out of shape, it's a lot harder to keep up an energetic show and to carry heavy equipment around.

If you look at a lot of type 4 rockstars.. like Marilyn Manson for instance.. he runs around a lot on stage. You have to be in good shape to keep up touring, to look good on stage half-naked, and to have enough energy to keep up long shows every night. I guarantee most famous rockstars are invested in working out during tour-seasons, even if they are 4s.

As for being an actual athlete by profession - I don't keep up with sports at all so I have no clue :(

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
There are some figure skaters who I think are 4's. Johnny Weir and Evan Lysacek come to mind.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think 4s are more likely to be athletes than 5s are. And yeah, Mishima isn't even that much of an outlier (he does strike me as cray-cray though). Camus played soccer in college. 4s can definitely get competitive about their art, so why not sport? I wanted to say Hemingway, but he's probably not a 4.

4s are more "bodily" than "5s".

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

udhQYQH.png

He was a writer and intellectual who for the last 15 years of his life was fully devoted to bodybuilding. He was also a skilled kendo practitioner and runner.
Furiously committed to shaping his body to fit the samurai ideal, driven by his shame and hatred of his weak, pale, "intellectual" body.
Yeah, he's probably the first person I think of when I think of a 4 athlete. Wicked smart too.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

udhQYQH.png

Yeah, he's probably the first person I think of when I think of a 4 athlete. Wicked smart too.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think e4 athletes are most likely to do individual sports, not team sports. They may do things which focus more on form & expression using the body, especially in a refined way, but not scoring points or being physically aggressive or participating in a team camaraderie. Dancing is obvious, and perhaps bodybuilding for men. But I have a hard time imagining a 4 getting into American football or something like that.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I instantly thought of any sport where the competition is dependent on aesthetic appeal and mastery - i.e figure skating, dancing, and so on.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Fours are often thought of (stereotyped) as artists or art appreciators, but I wonder if there are any famous athletes who are 4's.

Can any of you think of any 4 athletes, past or present, and the sport they practice?

Charles Barkley

Nate Robinson

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think e4 athletes are most likely to do individual sports, not team sports. They may do things which focus more on form & expression using the body, especially in a refined way, but not scoring points or being physically aggressive or participating in a team camaraderie. Dancing is obvious, and perhaps bodybuilding for men. But I have a hard time imagining a 4 getting into American football or something like that.

I agree with this. Also, I can't think of any famous 4 athletes. However, I'm a 4 and i'm naturally athletic. I hike. It's my favorite activity. I've played team sports, but I never enjoyed them as much as I enjoy a nice run by myself or an 8 mile hike.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I agree with this. Also, I can't think of any famous 4 athletes. However, I'm a 4 and i'm naturally athletic. I hike. It's my favorite activity. I've played team sports, but I never enjoyed them as much as I enjoy a nice run by myself or an 8 mile hike.

There are definitely a good amount in football and basketball. Those are the only sports I follow. :cool:

brainheart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always been athletic, but not into team sports. I think that has more to my being social last than anything, though.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

I dont think a lot of you get what an SFP 4 looks like. If there's interest, I'll post some videos.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Please do.

Nate Robinson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juUZybQqkFY
Due to his height, I have to say he's one of the most skilled players in the nba, he is currently the shortest player in the nba.

He has never consistly started on a team, and has always changed teams a lot.
He made his own series that he puts up on youtube. He has 3 seasons.

His play style is selfish, and all though he has a big heart, he is hard to coach because he isn't a good team player. When he plays, its obvious that he wants to show the world how talented he is at 5'9.

He is a 3 time dunk contest winner.

Instead of establishing himself as a point guard and sticking to one team (like his good friend Isiah Thomas) Nate is would rather stick to the play style he likes, and do things to get more public recognition as an individual.

As a teammate, he isn't very good, but as an individual Nate has made sure that he is very well known. There is absolotely no one in the nba that has accomplished as little as him as an nba player, that is simultaneously as well known as Nate.

He is the most obvious 4 that I can think of. Nick Young is another one.

On another note, Lebron is an obvious 3w4.