User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default Type 4 Athletes?

Fours are often thought of (stereotyped) as artists or art appreciators, but I wonder if there are any famous athletes who are 4's.

Can any of you think of any 4 athletes, past or present, and the sport they practice?
    The only way out is through. The faster you're in, the better.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Someone said Dennis Rodman is a self-preservation 4w3. It could actually be very true.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud of Thunder View Post
    Fours are often thought of (stereotyped) as artists or art appreciators, but I wonder if there are any famous athletes who are 4's
    Why not? There are athletes of every sort. Many gays had their coming out in the past few years, although sport's thought to be a very masculine activity.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I have a hard time seeing 4s as athletes. Entirely too vigorous. 4s need couches to loll on while they sip absinthe and write deathless poems.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I consider dance an athletic endeavor and would bet that there are a lot of 4 dancers (I am one). I've often joked that dancers are the only athletic 4's.

The little I know about Dennis Rodman I suppose could match up to 4w3...maybe 7w8 though. Definitely something flamboyant with a reactive component (camera man bashing? ).
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

I wonder how many times I've mentioned Yukio Mishima on this forum, lol.

He was a writer and intellectual who for the last 15 years of his life was fully devoted to bodybuilding. He was also a skilled kendo practitioner and runner.
    Furiously committed to shaping his body to fit the samurai ideal, driven by his shame and hatred of his weak, pale, "intellectual" body.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

When I was leading my band, I worked out a lot. Partly to keep my energy up for shows, and partly so I would look good in a white dress on stage. White adds weight but I have a 'color-based religion' of sorts and it is the only color I wear when singing my own songs on stage… so I have to stay thin and fit to look good. Not to mention, I have a chronic illness which gets drastically worse when I don't work out. And when I'm out of shape, it's a lot harder to keep up an energetic show and to carry heavy equipment around.

If you look at a lot of type 4 rockstars.. like Marilyn Manson for instance.. he runs around a lot on stage. You have to be in good shape to keep up touring, to look good on stage half-naked, and to have enough energy to keep up long shows every night. I guarantee most famous rockstars are invested in working out during tour-seasons, even if they are 4s.

As for being an actual athlete by profession - I don't keep up with sports at all so I have no clue
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

There are some figure skaters who I think are 4's. Johnny Weir and Evan Lysacek come to mind.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I think 4s are more likely to be athletes than 5s are. And yeah, Mishima isn't even that much of an outlier (he does strike me as cray-cray though). Camus played soccer in college. 4s can definitely get competitive about their art, so why not sport? I wanted to say Hemingway, but he's probably not a 4.

4s are more "bodily" than "5s".
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    I wonder how many times I've mentioned Yukio Mishima on this forum, lol.

He was a writer and intellectual who for the last 15 years of his life was fully devoted to bodybuilding. He was also a skilled kendo practitioner and runner.
    Furiously committed to shaping his body to fit the samurai ideal, driven by his shame and hatred of his weak, pale, "intellectual" body.
    Yeah, he's probably the first person I think of when I think of a 4 athlete. Wicked smart too.